ClubAdventist is back!

Back to 'Bravus'

Bravus

• Moderators

Hi All

(apologies for the indulgence of starting a thread about my own username! Wanted to explain myself because the process has been public throughout)

I've decided to revert to the username that I had for about 8 of my 10 years on this board: Bravus.

A while ago there was an issue in the discussions about people using their real names and, to 'show willing', I changed over to my real name, David Geelan.

People will still have that information about me, and I'm happy to stand by everything I post, as myself.

There are two three reasons for changing back:

1. I feel more comfortable with my 'handle' - as I said above, it's who I have been for the great majority of my time here, and online generally.
  2. People around the world search for my name for professional reasons such as to find books and papers I've written, decide whether they want me as a doctoral supervisor, decide whether I am appropriate for a job, promotion or award and so on. This forum addresses a wide range of issues, but most of them are some distance from my professional issues, and posting here as 'David Geelan' tends to 'muddy the waters' when people search on my name.
  3. It's easier to type 'Bravus' than 'David Geelan' to log in, particularly on phones and devices.

I hope people will understand and be OK with this reversion.

Truth is important

• Members

No problem David Geelan! or should I say Bravus!! :rollingsmile:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

You seem to me to be Bravus....    it's like going back to what's comfortable.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....