ClubAdventist is back!

Georgia Pays SDA $225,000.

Gregory Matthews

• Members

from what I understand, his employment offer was rescinded because he hadn't complied with the laws... based on that, if I'd been on a jury, I'd not have awarded him a dime.

I would love to know what Dr. Walsh has been doing since 2014 — did he have a difficult time finding another job, or did he just move on to another high-paying job?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

As I understand it, this was a settlement without going to trail.  If so, there was no jury.

Gregory

• Members
1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

As I understand it, this was a settlement without going to trail.  If so, there was no jury.

Correct.  That's why I wrote "IF" I had been on a jury...

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Sounds like another case of 'cheaper to settle than to go to trial'.  I'm with Pam. Being dishonest on an employment app can/will get your offer declined or rejected here in CO.  Seems rather insignificant, I am sure for some, but why would he leave it off unless he thought it could possibly impact employment? That would be dishonest. They may have used the 'law' in this case because they could, but to me, he was the dishonest one. Bad boy!

• Moderators

It is not that clear-cut to me.  So, I am a very long ways form suggesting that he was dishonest.

Gregory

I am agreeable to being corrected..if he did not give them a form that left off former employment. It would also depend on how far back they asked for previous employment or occupation. Leaving a blank period would also set off flags. My statemnt is made on the available info provided.More to come??

:flower:

• Like 1

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, CoAspen said:

I am agreeable to being corrected..if he did not give them a form that left off former employment. It would also depend on how far back they asked for previous employment or occupation. Leaving a blank period would also set off flags. My statemnt is made on the available info provided.More to come??

:flower:

i don't know he was a paid minister, lay preachers generally are volunteer, and so if he was not an employed minister why did they assume his preaching was a denied previous employment?

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Members

from AdventSource:  "A lay pastor may or may or may not receive remuneration (depending upon their particular situation). Many do receive a stipend salary from their local church."