ClubAdventist is back!

Does it seem like your prayers aren't being answered?

Jessie-Jess

((Sometimes it seems that way for me, too...but I regard these e-mail devotionals that I get as e-mails from God, and this is one that I received a couple days ago and just read today. I thought I would share it with you all, in case you are discouraged or feel tempted to be discouraged in the future.))

Dear Friends of “Dial Daily Bread,”

I am sure that everybody who believes in the Lord shares a common problem: we seldom get answers to prayer as fast as we want them. Some get tired waiting and give up their faith. Habakkuk, in chapter 2, verse 3, encourages us not to give up: "The vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry."

That word "tarry" in the Hebrew is two words. The Good News Bible has the idea: "The time is coming quickly, and what I show you will come true. It may seem slow in coming, but wait for it; it will certainly take place, and it will not be delayed." The idea is not that God is slow, or that He has to be waked up.

He's very quick--so much so that Isaiah says He answers our prayers before we pray them ("before they call, I will answer," 65:24), but the answer seems slow to us. One reason is that there are hindrances to His answer getting through to us, as Daniel describes in 10:12, 13 when the angel tells him, "From the first day that you set your heart to understand, ... your words were heard, ... But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days."

It could well be that the Lord has already sent the answer to your prayer, but some similar hindrance has occurred. In the meantime, it's your job to believe in the Lord, to appreciate His character, to know that He is your Friend, not your Enemy. So David says over and over, "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him" (Psalm 37:7). Wouldn't you be embarrassed if you became impatient like King Saul when he was waiting for the prophet Samuel to come and he went ahead in his impatience and did what he should not have done? (1 Sam. 13).

Habakkuk is telling us, "Don't get impatient; hang on. The Lord will not truly delay. It would be a pity if when His answer does come, you in the meantime have given up so you can't receive the blessing, and then like King Saul you lose everything!"

--Robert J. Wieland

From the "Dial Daily Bread" Archive: February 10, 1998.
Copyright © 2017 by "Dial Daily Bread."
e-mail: dailybread@1888message.org to receive these e-devotionals

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Here's an article about answered prayer, that I came across a while back that I thought I'd share:

10 Extreme Answers to Prayer

Traveling the world and sharing the gospel through captivating illusions and stunts, Brock and Auny Gill have encountered a life of adventure no one could predict. Through life-threatening situations, extreme answers to prayer, and all the magic that comes with living on the road, Auny tells the couple’s captivating story.
Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/galleries/10-extreme-answers-to-prayer.aspx

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 9:30 PM, Jessie-Jess said:

((Sometimes it seems that way for me, too...but I regard these e-mail devotionals that I get as e-mails from God, and this is one that I received a couple days ago and just read today. I thought I would share it with you all, in case you are discouraged or feel tempted to be discouraged in the future.))

Dear Friends of “Dial Daily Bread,”

I am sure that everybody who believes in the Lord shares a common problem: we seldom get answers to prayer as fast as we want them. Some get tired waiting and give up their faith. Habakkuk, in chapter 2, verse 3, encourages us not to give up: "The vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry."

That word "tarry" in the Hebrew is two words. The Good News Bible has the idea: "The time is coming quickly, and what I show you will come true. It may seem slow in coming, but wait for it; it will certainly take place, and it will not be delayed." The idea is not that God is slow, or that He has to be waked up.

He's very quick--so much so that Isaiah says He answers our prayers before we pray them ("before they call, I will answer," 65:24), but the answer seems slow to us. One reason is that there are hindrances to His answer getting through to us, as Daniel describes in 10:12, 13 when the angel tells him, "From the first day that you set your heart to understand, ... your words were heard, ... But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days."

It could well be that the Lord has already sent the answer to your prayer, but some similar hindrance has occurred. In the meantime, it's your job to believe in the Lord, to appreciate His character, to know that He is your Friend, not your Enemy. So David says over and over, "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him" (Psalm 37:7). Wouldn't you be embarrassed if you became impatient like King Saul when he was waiting for the prophet Samuel to come and he went ahead in his impatience and did what he should not have done? (1 Sam. 13).

Habakkuk is telling us, "Don't get impatient; hang on. The Lord will not truly delay. It would be a pity if when His answer does come, you in the meantime have given up so you can't receive the blessing, and then like King Saul you lose everything!"

--Robert J. Wieland

From the "Dial Daily Bread" Archive: February 10, 1998.
Copyright © 2017 by "Dial Daily Bread."
e-mail: dailybread@1888message.org to receive these e-devotionals

Thank you for this! I'm going through tough times and I was feeling a little discouraged but this made me feel strengthen. 

5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Welcome to the forum Al! Its always awesome to see people are getting some blessings from us in the way you have described. Hang on brother...you are not alone.

Thank you!I'm happy I found this forum and I know the Lord will deliver me and my family from this situation where in. Yeah I'm just taking this one day at a time please keep me and my family in your prayers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I typed out a few short quotes for you Al as I prayed, this is what came to mind. I hope you & your family find it a blessing, and that you feel free to come back and bless us with your participation.

Isaiah 40:31

I Pray for Guidance & Strength

The eagle of the Alps is sometimes beaten down by the tempest into the narrow defiles of the mountains. Storm clouds shut in this mighty bird of the forest, their dark masses separating her from the sunny heights where she has made her home. Her efforts to escape seem fruitless. She dashes to and fro, beating the air with her strong wings, and waking the mountain echoes with her cries. At length, with a note of triumph, she darts upward, and, piercing the clouds, is once more in the clear sunlight, with the darkness and tempest far beneath. So we may be surrounded with difficulties, discouragement, and darkness. Falsehood, calamity, injustice, shut us in. There are clouds that we cannot dispel. We battle with circumstances in vain. There is one, and but one, way of escape. The mists and fogs cling to the earth; beyond the clouds God's light is shining. Into the sunlight of His presence we may rise on the wings of faith.  {Ed 118.2}

Friday, Feb. 14, 1896. I awake at half past two, and seek the Lord, as is my practice, for wisdom and grace, mingling my prayers with thanksgiving for His tender, loving compassion toward us. The words of Isa_40:28-31 seem appropriate and impressed upon my mind. . . .  {TMK 266.2}

My prayer is, Help me, O my heavenly Father, to trust wholly in Thy wisdom and not to lean to my own understanding. Guide Thou my pen and direct my speech that I shall not sin against Thee with voice or pen. I must have grace. I plead, Teach me Thy truth, that I shall not err from Thy way. O my Lord, I am weakness itself, but Thou art strength, fortitude, and courage to Thy people if they will only diligently make Thee their trust. . . .  {TMK 266.3}

Sabbath, Feb. 15, 1896. The Lord is good and merciful. I want my gratitude offering constantly ascending to God. I long to have a deeper sense of His goodness and of His changeless love. I long daily for the waters of life. . . . I must continually have my strength in God. My dependence must not waver. No human agency must come between my soul and my God. The Lord is our only hope. In Him I trust, and He will never, no never, fail me. He hath hitherto helped me when under great discouragement. . . .  {TMK 266.4}

I will thank the Lord and praise His holy name. I will praise the Lord that in Him I can trust at all times. He is the health of my countenance and my strong tower into which I can run and be safe. He understands my necessities and He will give me the light of His countenance that I may reflect light upon others. I will not fail nor be discouraged. I look to Thee, my heavenly Father, to give strength and grace. . . . I will praise the Lord at all times and not wait for a happy flight of feeling. Then praise the Lord, for He is good, and His mercies will attend me morning, noon, and night. A happy flight of feeling is not evidence; His Word is my assurance.  {TMK 266.5}

DSC05457ww.jpg

Excellent quotes! I needed this almost brought tears to my eyes thanks The Wanderer the Lord is using you.