ClubAdventist is back!

The Ultimate Purpose of Human Life

David Edgren

Within a God believing reality, what is the ultimate purpose of human life?

Many would answer: To lead others to Jesus. To witness. To evangelize. 

To evangelize and witness we must live on a fallen Earth - where there are others who do not know God.

Created in God's image, before the fall, what was our purpose?

Alive after sin in the New Earth, what will be our purpose?

Once we know our past and future purpose - that for which we were created - it stands to reason we should live with that as our ultimate purpose now.

So, what is the ultimate purpose of human life?

• Like 2

Adventures in the Bible

I think my purpose is to be good; to be happy; to enjoy the world and the people God put here for me; and to be not a stumbling block in the process of others doing the same. 

• Members

I believe that God's purpose for us was, as CoAspen mentioned, was Companionship. Which he did have for a time with Adam & Eve

It will be the same as before sin!! Also every Sabbath will be really special to all come together

• Like 2

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

I love that the responses are positive and hopeful! How did those desires get inside of people?

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

to love

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Members

I guess I have a different take.  I see the ultimate purpose to human life as *service* ... to God (in varying capacities, according to one's given abilities), to serve other people in varying capacities, and even to serve and protect animals and nature.

And service involves caring and doing the best you are able to do.

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I'm loving the answers! I have a one word answer (as the Wanderer suggested I might!) that encompasses many of the answers here. I'd love to hear a few more of the ideas from club members before dropping my word. :) Not that mine is any better - just that it often kills great questions when then questioner answers too soon! 

Adventures in the Bible

To answer this you have to think of the other worlds which are populated with perfect beings.  We would have been intended to serve the same purpose as they were.

However, God was still hampered with the case of Lucifer and his followers and there needed to be a way to destroy them.  There had to be a way to show the world what sin is and how devastating it is and how it couldn't be allowed to fester in His perfect creations.  

If our world didn't sin there would have to be another and another until one world gave in to the devil.  We must be here to witness to the worlds God's fairness.  

Worship

Any created being able to comprehend their nature as both created by God and loved by Him has but one response.

Worship

Created in God's Image, we more than other creatures, have reason to honour Him. We understand God's love for His children, His passion for life and His care for creation. 

Worship

We worship God by loving Him and others, living well, and caring for creation. 

Worship

Like the angels around the throne, the only response in God's immediate presence is, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God almighty - who was and is and is to come."

Worship

It was our purpose in the past. It will be our purpose in the future. And, it is our purpose now!

Worship

Adventures in the Bible