ClubAdventist is back!

prophecy seminar advertising

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

This is the brochure delivered to the public for a Prophecy Seminar at a nearby Adventist church.  Nowhere on the brochure is the SDA church mentioned.  Is that what it's come down to?  We're so afraid people won't show up, so we deliberately omit the identity of the denomination??

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 1.09.41 PM.png

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

We had a hot debate when we held an evangelistic series in our church facility last fall.  The evangelist (an older gentleman with many experiences under his belt) recommended covering up the SDA sign.  The head elder thought that was deceitful.  In time, the evangelist made it clear as to which church was sponsoring it and to which he belonged.

Is the motive to deceive?  Or is it to give prejudiced people to hear the message?

Edited by Gerry Cabalo
rearrange

• Members

If it was me, I'd want to know who is sponsoring an event...

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

When approaching a person about where they're planning on spending eternity, I don't give the scariest reality before letting them know the Creator has provided an easier and better way.

7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly....John 10

Godis Love1`Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Not sure that its something that's just happening now. Back when I was a teen and going to a Jewish Adventist church, the pastor, Dr JM Hoffman did evangelistic meetings for Jews in the NYC area. Never once did the advertisements mention that it was an SDA church that was sponsoring the event. But we never covered up on the building that we were an Adventist Church!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators
14 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

If it was me, I'd want to know who is sponsoring an event...

True enough, but I also know that if you knew that X church is sponsoring it, you wouldn't attend. :)

• Members
5 hours ago, Gerry Cabalo said:

True enough, but I also know that if you knew that X church is sponsoring it, you wouldn't attend. :)

that's sort of my whole point...

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

that's sort of my whole point...

And the point of not divulging the sponsor at the outset is so that you might/would attend and judge the value of the program by its content and not by some preconceived misconceptions.  As you know, anti-SDA stuff abounds in the internet,especially from ex-SDAs.  But if anyone really wants to know who is sponsoring what, it would not be that difficult to find out.

• Moderators

I take the opposite approach:

The local SDA church should be well advertised each Sabbath with services designed to attract people who are not SDAs.

A recent Sr. Pastor of a congregation that I attended published a Sabbath schedule for an entire year.  Each Sabbath listed:

*   The Sermon title:

*   The Biblical text.

* The name of the person preaching.

If a guest preacher was allowed to preach, that person would be directed to preach a sermon on the listed Biblical passage for that Sabbath.  Generally guest speakers were not allowed.

Gregory