ClubAdventist is back!

Sex, Gender, Science & the Bble

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

See:

http://spectrummagazine.org/article/2017/03/24/landmark-sermon-chris-oberg-discusses-science-sex-and-gender

NOTE:  The above article is about a sermon preached in a SDA pulpit.  It contains a link to the 41 minute video that was actually presented.

• Like 1

Gregory

are you referring to the female pastor?  I am not aware of who she is or if she is even a pastor or if they even filmed the video in church settings, but my question is... if it was a sermon, it was obviously given to the members??  I didn't see any members but if you approve then you approve.  If you do not approve, don't feel as if having disapproval is grounds for you being put under shock therapy sessions... God would never want anyone under shock therapy sessions for having an opinion... However, if you are unwilling to listen to sound words and doctrine, you might begin carrying around your own 'stun gun' so you can put yourself under your own shock therapy sessions whenever someone tries to discuss anything about God with you... 

Oh, and by the way,,, you spelled gender wrong in your title.  maybe not wrong but you left out a letter.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

deedee3:  Thank you for your observation of my misspelled word in the title.  I have now corrected it.

Chris Oberg, is a SDA pastor, and that sermon was preached on March 11, of this year.  See the quote below:

I regularly post links to items that I believe are of value, and/or stimulate thought.   I often do this without reference to whether or not I agree, disagree, or have mixed thought about it.  AT times I do this before I have actually read/viewed the item.   So, while one might assume what I think about it, that might not be accurate.

In this case, I posted the link before I had viewed the video.  So, at the time I posted it, I did not know the extent to which I agreed with it.  But, I thought that Chris Oberg had said something that would be of value to consider regardless of what she had said.

In a watershed sermon on gender and sexuality, La Sierra University Church Senior Pastor Chris Oberg explored reproductive discontinuity and gender dysphoria with her husband Kerby Oberg, a scientist and professor at Loma Linda University. The sermon came during a series titled "The Skin We're In" in which the La Sierra Church pastoral staff wove conversations with congregants and community members into their sermons.

Gregory