ClubAdventist is back!

Ralph B. passed away

_david

Ralph Blodgett died November 12. Before joining the GC Communication Department as Webmaster and developer of the church's online forum on CompuServe, he was associate editor of These Times and editor of Vibrant Life.

-- GC Communique

//_david

• Moderators

I was in Seminary at the same time he was.

He had been on dialisis for years, and was quite ill.

Gregory

• Moderators

Could somebody please give an obituary of Ralph Blodgett?? I think this might be someone I went to school with also.

P.S. Should this thread be moved to Obituaries?

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Ralph was level-headed, insightful, and articulate. He was an excellent webmaster for Adventists Online. I had numerous pleasant exchanges with him over the past six years, and always enjoyed his challenging quizzes. Though I never met him, I felt he was a friend. We have lost a good brother in the faith.

• Moderators

I remember Ralph on the old Compuserve SDA forum. He used to sign all his posts, "Sysop Ralph Blodgett." My technically-challenged mother, who enjoyed Ralph's posts, asked me, "Why would anyone name their son "Sysop?"

It's sad that he is gone. I will miss him.

LynnDel

LD

Mrs. Gray will miss him very much as he was the first person online to give her the opportunity to be a moderator. What a sad thing to see him go.

He was quite the historian when it came to the Civil War and had written a number of books on that subject. He also wrote some computer books.

The Second Coming can't happen soon enough!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Gray

Words in the shoutbox at www.theologyreview.com

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

He has been suffering sometime having only one kidney, three times a week dialysis, which all started after his severe car accident a good number of years ago. He had a trying task of hard work with the forum’s handful of dysfunctional’s who made enjoying the fellowship difficult. Most of us in the know think with dismay about the antics of those one’s when their names come to us in print for one reason or other. However, it goes to say many were thankful for his work efforts nonetheless.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

He was appreciated for all that he did to bring adventism online.

He also wrote a number of books on WordPerfect tips and hints.

He was a member here, and will be missed.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had no idea that he was that sick. In all the years that i've been involved with the old forum up until right this minute, I never even had a glue. Very sad day indeed.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}