ClubAdventist is back!

The GC Votes on Transgender Issues

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

See:

http://atoday.org/at/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/BRI-Statement-on-Transgenderism.pdf

It is  likely that this document will be seen as a helpful step forward in some aspects and as a statement that we as a denomination have not reached perfection in our understanding and policy.  IOW, it is good, but not perfect.

NOTE:  I am not taking a specific, personal position.

Gregory

• Moderators

Some would, in actual practice, demonstrate that they do not agree with you.

Gregory

• Moderators

You have touched a point with me.   I once spent a year working with an organization that provided clinical care to HIV infected people.  Some were female.  A few  were not adults.  Some were NOT homosexual.  Some were of SDA background to include being SDA members.  But, the majority were homosexual males.  In this position, I would typically share a meal with them each week.

Working closely with them changed my life, attitudes and understanding of issues related to HIV, homosexuality and more.

*  I got to know several homosexual SDA related people who were flamboyant in their homosexuality, but were living a celibate life.  This is a choice that some people can make.

*  I got to know some homosexual SDAs who were appreciative of their  congregations who were attempting to maintain contact with them.

*  As Freud once stated, human sexuality exists on a range.  Normal heterosexuals in their lives and practices exist on a wide range.  So also it is for homosexuals.  One cannot place all homosexuals in the same box as to sexuality in their life and practice.

*  I came to understand the need of homosexuals for civil rights.

• Like 2

Gregory