ClubAdventist is back!

#stopit: Don’t be that guy/gal on social media

73c818d494564f33883b5a2ffa08fb46.jpg
This blog post is not for you. This is for your friends, you know, the ones who break all rules regarding proper etiquette on social media. You probably should share this widely, so that one guy you want to read it won’t get all offended and unfriend you. Or just @ him/her. They need to be put in their place.
These items should be common sense. They aren’t. Here are my top grievances, pet peeves and annoyances that make me borderline insane.
My top five:
1. Arguing about stuff other people put on THEIR wall/timeline.  It’s THEIRS. I know its _____________ (insert dumb, stupid, insensitive, not funny, racist, semi-racist, low key racist, or just plain nonsensical.) When tempted, just repeat after me: Not. My. Wall.
2. Adding people to groups. There is a special place in purgatory for these people. Why do you do this? This is like signing me up for a 26.2k because I posted that I ran 3 miles this morning. One I never asked you to. Two, I don’t run marathons. Three, NOPE!
3. Send pictures of flowers, encouraging messages, encouraging messages with flowers in it, memes from the internet meme factory, or whatever other stuff you can come up with through messenger. Why do you do that? I don’t know who started it, but please end it.
4. Send a Facebook messenger message that involves 25 people. (see #3)  I want Facebook to have a button that says: Roger left your friendship.  This is like a group text, only worse, because you can see the face of the person who added you and that you are hating right about now. Ask!
5. Jesus is mad at you for reducing his life transforming work to likes on Facebook. Pressure is never good. Spiritual pressure is a non-starter.
There are others, but I’ll stop here today. What annoys you? Click and share or the boogie man will get you.

View the full article

• 5 years later...

I agree with you, and I hate people doing this type of stuff. I also need to mention people trying to cancel someone just for sharing his thoughts on social media. I don't like people who think they have the right to judge others. This cancel culture went too far, IMO. They need to stop with all of this [censored] because it is evident that this culture didn't let alternative opinions enter the discussion. One of my friends got banned from his IG account because of this cancel culture. Thankfully with the help of the reliable promotional service https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-likes/, we quickly recovered his number of followers.