ClubAdventist is back!

Another Unity Conference

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

August 1 - 3, in Fresno, California, another conference is scheduled.  It is in response to the recent Unity Conference held in London.  However, this conference is sponsored by people who are strongly opposed to the ordination of women.  For more on this, see:

https://atoday.org/scripture-church-structure-and-unity-symposium-announced/

and

http://www.secretsunsealed.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Symposium2017_flyer.pdf

and

August 1-3, 2017
“Scripture, Church Structure and the Path to Unity”
Live Symposium at the Secrets Unsealed Studio
5949 E. Clinton Ave, Fresno, CA 93727
559-264-2300 | 888-Rev-1412

Gregory

If I were to hazard a guess...we have had enough 'unity' conferences, meetings, articles, debates, etc, etc, what we really need is 'harmony'!!  

Harmony: the combination of simultaneously sounded musical notes to produce chords and chord progressions having a pleasing effect, the quality of forming a pleasing and consistent whole.

Unity: the state of being united or joined as a whole, the state of forming a complete and pleasing whole.

Most of what I read on the subject, from a GC perspective, leaves out the Harmony aspect. The two definitions seem quite similar but notice what we get when talking about harmony in a musical sense. To achieve that we need different parts and voices to have a pleasing effect. Considering the multitudes of 'types' we find through out creation and seeing them as all making individual contributions to 'whole', I believe God wants that type of 'harmony' in His Church as well. God created differences in the beginning and called it 'good'. 

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, CoAspen said:

I believe God wants that type of 'harmony' in His Church as well. God created differences in the beginning and called it 'good'.

I agree.  Even the rainbow wouldn't be as spectacular if it was only one color.

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Secrets unsealed. Pastor of Fresno church and speaks a  lot on hope channel. Stephen Bohr is well known to be a anti womans ordination pastor.  Larry Kirkpatrick is as well. Larry used the rules in North Pacific Union to threaten to call a special session to challenge the union call to ordain women. They would have lost but the union did not want to pay for that session so they tabled the vote for now. Expect them to change the rules so a small minority like that cannot use the rules to disrupt the will of the majority again at their next constituency meetings. Larry Kirkpatrick got a call to a church in SECC. I warned the administration that this guy would be disruptive and very anti womans ordination. But he was let in anyway. Later I heard the conference president say. "Where did this Guy Come from?"  Oh well. I tried to warn them. In Any case he did not last long in SECC for whatever reason. Larry went to a small conservative church in North West Pacific Union.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

They will decide this October 2017 most likely in a closed session what to do with the Unions who Ordain women. If they decide to disband the unions church rules dictate they have to let the GC in Session do the actual disbanding. That means this will be voted on in 2020 at the next GC Session.  The Unions have not backed down much to Ted Wilsons embarrassment. I doubt he wants to make a major issue of this to the world church. Intimidation does not work well with americans.  Ted Wilson has been overseas to long to know this. Americans will resist resist resist what they consider to be unjust policies.

riverside.gif Riverside CA