ClubAdventist is back!

The passing of Dr. Richard Marker, by Henry Beras

Stan

039e9cb3-ee18-4a9b-87bc-34caa4f08318.jpg
S.gif

On behalf of the Greater New York Conference, I would like to express condolences to the Marker family on the passing of Dr. Richard Marker.

Pastor Marker served GNYC as former president (2006-2010), treasurer (2000-2006) and community service director (1994-1997). He was not just a colleague to us here at the Greater New York Conference, he was our brother and today we grieve with his wife Bonnie and their daughter Heather and family and keep them in our prayers.

The loss of a love one is probably the most difficult time in life. Grief is never easy or comfortable for any of us; sometimes it may even seem unbearable. However, the truth is that we live in a world that has lots of pain and problems, but I have good news for each and every one of you. Soon we will live in a world where there will be no more pain, where there will be no more family problems and were there will be no more death, because we will be in heaven with Jesus our Dear Savior.  

The Bible does not tell us not to grieve.... It says, if a Christian dies, we don't grieve as those who have no hope... we have hope today... not wishing, but knowing two things: 
1) Pastor Marker is resting in Jesus - Jesus himself gave us this assurance in his words found in John 11:11 "... Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep". 

2) That we will see Him again - This assurance also comes to us by Jesus' words to Martha in John 11:23, "...Thy brother shall rise again." Our brother Marker will rise again and we who remain faithful will have the opportunity to be reunited with him.

We know Pastor Marker is resting in Jesus now, but still, we are left with the pain of his loss... from our point of view, it is never a good time to lose a love one, but I hope that by remembering Jesus' promise, each one of us will find some comfort.

Bonnie and Heather, you remain in our thoughts and prayers. May the Lord bring you comfort during these extremely difficult moments, until you are reunited with Pastor Marker upon the Lord's return.

Henry Beras
President
  • Like 1

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com