ClubAdventist is back!

Almost 30, unemployed for a year (with student debt), and little to no support system

rocky06

I had no close family other than my two parents, my dad was self-employed, didn't have a social life and never really connected with me at all. My mom was more social and liked to canvass with the book Steps to Christ, but she ended up in the hospital alot and she died recently due to cancer.

I went to public school and never made any friends. I never made friends in church either growing up because my dad was a "church hopper", so there was no real fellowship with anyone. We've moved to a small city and my dad finally settled down to stay attending one church.

I wasted student loans going to a private college studying a major that I didn't really like anyway (criminal justice), which I later changed to liberal studies. I also ran out of pell grant due to having moved from another state before finishing at a 2 year college and then having two study another 2 years all over again because of credits not being transferable.

Now I can't seem to find a permanent job, it gets really lonely with nobody to talk to.

I've been thinking of doing what my mom used to do as a college drop out, and that is to go canvassing or at least pass Glow tracts out in the street

I might even try connecting with my church members more, I suppose. Maybe they can find me something to do.. 

I've also been thinking of going back to college, although I'm not sure how finances would work out or what I'd even want to study...

I guess I'm asking prayer for direction in life

• Members
1 hour ago, rocky06 said:

You got it! Will be praying for you and your situation.

Also welcome to C/A or I should say adventistan!! :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

ROCKY06

yes  I  will be  praying for your situation=====reaching out  to  church  members  i am  sure  will  help  some

does you church  have  a  fellowship  dinner  some  Sabbath  during the  month===that  would be a start  to getting to  know  people

give  your  phone  number  or  get  phone numbers  from  church  members  ---they  as  you get to  know them  you can  talk to  them

i  hope  these  ideas  help

dgrimm60

• Administrators

Thank you for sharing :)   I hope you will find some friendship here and some listening ears to bounce ideas off

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

18 hours ago, rocky06 said:

I had no close family other than my two parents, my dad was self-employed, didn't have a social life and never really connected with me at all. My mom was more social and liked to canvass with the book Steps to Christ, but she ended up in the hospital alot and she died recently due to cancer.

I went to public school and never made any friends. I never made friends in church either growing up because my dad was a "church hopper", so there was no real fellowship with anyone. We've moved to a small city and my dad finally settled down to stay attending one church.

I wasted student loans going to a private college studying a major that I didn't really like anyway (criminal justice), which I later changed to liberal studies. I also ran out of pell grant due to having moved from another state before finishing at a 2 year college and then having two study another 2 years all over again because of credits not being transferable.

Now I can't seem to find a permanent job, it gets really lonely with nobody to talk to.

I've been thinking of doing what my mom used to do as a college drop out, and that is to go canvassing or at least pass Glow tracts out in the street

I might even try connecting with my church members more, I suppose. Maybe they can find me something to do.. 

I've also been thinking of going back to college, although I'm not sure how finances would work out or what I'd even want to study...

After disappointing some others  along the road of life, I finally came to the conclusion the best thing for me to do was try to be a faithful witness, sow the seed and read the Holy Bible daily, taking advantage of Jesus' offer of friendship.

14You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you....John 15

Because of what Jesus said about those who did a lot of good deeds but whom He didn't know, I also felt just accepting the gift He has given and letting the Holy Spirit take care of the spiritual growth required inside of each of His children, would be more than enough to achieve our heavenly home.

2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am....John 14

So far the gifts He has given my wife and myself, including over 39 of the happiest years of our lives, we know He'll finish the work.

6For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.... Philippians 1

8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast.…Ephesians 2

Keep looking up!

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :D

Lift Jesus up!!