ClubAdventist is back!

Tom Petty

• Administrators

After suffering a heart attack and hanging on for a short while, Tom Petty succumbed at age 66.

:( 

• Sad 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

18 minutes ago, Gail said:

After suffering a heart attack and hanging on for a short while, Tom Petty succumbed at age 66.

:( 

I saw the headline and didn't remember the worthiness of the remembrance. Life seems to be taking on a sadly tattered reason for existence since the 59 deaths in Las Vegas so recent.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!    :prayer:

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

That was being discussed on Facebook- an observation my author/editor friend made. For him that was his reality, that Petty's passing hit him harder than the tragedy. When he said that I thought about how that would be a good topic here to explore.

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I think it's easier to feel a "loss" when there was some sort of "connection" to those who have died, whether it be a personal connection, or an abstract connection, such as a famed musician whose music one listened to, particularly as a young person.

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I agree with Pam.  I related more to Hurricane Harvey's impact on Houston and Irma's impact on Florida than I did to Maria in Puerto Rico because I have close family members in Houston and in Florida; while I know no one in Puerto Rico.  While I was horrified and offended by the incident in Vegas, I grieved over Tom Petty's death because I play his music (on the radio and my guitar); and I have seen Tom in concert several times - kinda like I "knew" him.

• Administrators

Yes, I remember where I was when I heard that John Lennon was killed and also Prncess Diana. It's interesting how some people become endeared to our hearts.

• Administrators

some mumblings about death and Tom Petty...

Learning of deaths whether famous or humble private lives, reminds me of my mortality, and how precious each person is to God.  The next moment in their timeline they meet with God, in one resurrection or the other.

In between birth and death i have already spent so much time denying the reality of the love of God.  I am certain God is deeply involved with each persons arriving and each person's passing. 

Death is the tearing of the fabric of life, the body, the heart, the mind.  Is it a kind of giving of birth by nature of human life to the next realm?  I know God knows how to walk His children through that passage. 

Dying can be in almost as many ways as there are people. I have walked with friends who were waiting for it and almost impatient for it to come.  However it comes, God can speak to those dying and receive their  final wishes in this world.

I am so glad God is great enough to deeply and profoundly know every human being born, and their every thought and every dream and every experience of life and how to measure them and prepare for their destiny.

Tom Petty had some great talent, lived and loved and impacted his world, and i hope he will be friends with God when he wakes up.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.