ClubAdventist is back!

Pacific Union Conference Leaders Take a Stand

Gregory Matthews

To me, I think this action by the PUC was child like.

I would rather them show how she made a difference.  it is coming across as she is a great mediocre COnference PResident who was able to keep the status quo.

• Like 1

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I would rather them show how she made a difference.  it is coming across as she is a great mediocre COnference PResident who was able to keep the status quo.

And many men would like to see her fail and would actively work in that direction. Not very Christ-like.  It has already been stated on this thread that she is a better conference president that several men.  Should we now look at those men to see why they are inferior to a woman?  Sandy Roberts IS the president of the SECC.  By not publishing her name, the publishers are bearing false witness.  They are not telling the truth and they should be held accountable.

• Administrators
On 11/11/2017 at 3:40 PM, CoAspen said:

There are just laws and unjust laws. Lawlessness could aply to both if it came down to "a state of disorder". There is no law involved in this instance. No civil disobedience is involved either. 

not a formal civil disobedience, but a very civil disagreement.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Moderators

Small fonts:  You should have seen it as first posted.  I had a hard time reading it.  I was able to increase the size to what was posted.

I have no idea as to where that came from.  By the way, this post is the largest that I am able to use.

Gregory

On 1/14/2018 at 6:18 AM, Mark Leslie said:

And what has Jewish religions outside of the clear hierarchy of the Bible have to do with this topic?

"Social change comes hard, especially when people used the Bible to justify holding onto the status quo.  Men felt justified in hitting their wives because scripture says, Wives obey your husbands."

This is the sort of tactics pro WO people use. Note that it is always an attack on the integrity, the impure motives of those they disagree with. Build a strawman, attack it. Ad hominems abound. 

At the same time use a completely unrelated story of heroism and apply it to your own position. Who cares if the comparisons are irrational?

Ahh, the end justifies the means. I get it. Problem is, its a false analogy.

17 hours ago, Stan said:

Its strange that there is no fear of God in the hearts of men (Chrisitans?) who attack the character of Godly men.

58 minutes ago, Mark Leslie said:

Wow - you can see into the hearts of men. False witness? You really are making a stretch. If its punitive, then how is it bearing false witness? The people who need to be accountable are those that have cheated and lied to bring this whole pro-WO thing into a controversy within the remnant house of God!

The Great Commission of Matthew 28, is it just for men?  Where in the Bible does it say that only ordained men can baptize?  Where does it say that only the ordained cam baptize?  Where in the Bible does it say that only  ordained men can start churches?  Where does the Bible say you must be ordained to start a church?  What does ordination mean?  At a later date the rite of ordination by the laying on of hands was greatly abused; unwarrantable importance was attached to the act, as if a power came at once upon those who received such ordination {AA 162.2}  Yep - unwarranted importance is attached to the act today!

• Administrators
On 11/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, B/W Photodude said:

That is interesting that the Jewish pastors are against ordination of women. Would be a good project for a qualitative research project!

what is a Jewish pastor?

a rabbi who is Christian?

a Jew who became Christian and pastors a church?

Is this Jewish by culture?  By having a Jewish mother?  There is no Jewish DNA.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2018 at 9:42 PM, The Wanderer said:

APL, I often find disagreement with your posts, but in this case I will concede, well said. Thats a good quote to remember, as well as some of its surrounding passages.

I recall years ago when I was an active Elder in a large church. And I recall getting into some "hot water" for saying something like "every member a minister."  The ordination thing has never been about so called "gender parity," or some long drawn out falsehood regarding "equality" so called. The kind of thing we usually see when people are screaming for "rights" or "equality"  is "well you do it so why cant I?"  Being "ordained" by God is on par with being called by God; and being able to very clearly demonstrate that calling. I  could do a bunch of quoting at this point, but so far, I am only intending a brief comment as to my personal opinion.

Maybe you should read the entire chapter from Acts of the Apostles that he is quoting from. You might come away with a different opinion.