ClubAdventist is back!

The Trinity Project

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

As any aware SDA knows, there is a growing group within Adventism today that rejects the traditional Trinitarian doctrine which is officially the teaching of  the SDA denomination.  

As a consequence of this, the Andrews University Seminary has produced a series of 16 videos  that address various aspects of this issue.  You may access those videos at:

https://www.andrews.edu/sem/sdlc/trinity/

For those who would like to know more about those videos, a critique of them may be read at:

NOTE:  One of the challenging aspects of the following article is the linking by the author to head-ship theology and the submission of women to a male figure.  For this reason alone, if for no other, the critique is worth reading.

https://spectrummagazine.org/article/2017/12/13/no-longer-neglected-biblical-doctrine-trinity

This series of sixteen lectures is introduced by a sobering observation: “In the last two decades, there has been a resurgence of Arianism and anti-Trinitarianism, not only in the Seventh-day Adventist Church but also in the wider Christian and Evangelical world.” I opine that many Seventh-day Adventists do not possess a conscious realization of what they believe about the nature of God; they will articulate that they believe in the biblical doctrine of the Trinity, but if you engage them in dialogue you can gradually discern that they incline toward one or more anti-Trinitarian heresies. Furthermore, most Seventh-day Adventists do not realize that anti-Trinitarianism is inextricably linked to opposition to women’s ordination. Although this stealthy linkage is not expressly set forth in the lectures, the scholars provide a thorough biblical, historical, and practical discussion of the Trinity.

Gregory

• Members

I know the majority of people are trying to do what they think is "right" with the topics of trinitarianism, headship, etc, but to be very honest, all the controversy and arguing just makes me want to avoid the church.  I'm tired of it.  Sometimes I wonder if I'll even be invited to be in heaven, because I don't care about who's right in these issues.  It just doesn't matter to me.... and makes me tired. 

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I am in the camp of a "twinity"; not a "trinity".  But I realize that the nature of God is far beyond my limited mortal understanding.  Honestly,  I'm okay whether God is One, Two, or Three Persons, or some combination thereof.  As far as I'm concerned, He/They are the God I have permanently chosen to worship.  When I get to heaven, if God reveals Himself as a Trinity (whatever that looks like), I'm okay with that.  I will believe (or at that time actually know) whatever God tells me. I'm good with whatever he wants me to believe or know, cuz He is my God! As long as Jesus and the Father are included in the Godhead, I accept  anyone as "Christian". :prayer:  Whether the Holy Spirit is a Person or a power, I will pray for that Spirit and in that Spirit.

• Moderators

Pam:  When it comes to Church, spend time with that which is helping you to grow spiritually.   You do not have to spend time with anything that distracts you from spiritual growth.

• Like 2

Gregory

• 3 weeks later...