ClubAdventist is back!

President Ted Speaks

Gregory Matthews

• 3 years later...

At the recent [10/2021] Annual Council, SDA church president Ted Wilson gave a talk in which he described the gay alphabet as a "faith destroying theological aberration."  Reviewing the faculty biographies of a prominent [nonSDA] seminary, I  noticed that there were a few women [?] who were extremely masculine in appearance. One in particular really looked more like a man than a woman. I didn't  mind the androgyny of Mick Jagger's stage persona; however, in a seminary faculty, I'd prefer a somewhat less masculine appearance in women.

Frankly, I would not want to share communion at the Lord's table with transgendered individuals. To do so would validate  and, to my conscience, involve me in their identity. Homosexuality is a  sin, regardless of its etiology. I'm not sure that ecumenism, which made Ted's list, is comparable to homosexuality. People wanting to arrive at a common faith is,  or can be, a good thing. Sodomy is not.

• Moderators

*  Do you think that Communion should only be given to sinless, perfect people.  If so, are you sinless and perfect?

*  The SDA position may say that homosexuality is a result of sin, but it does not say that it is a sin to be a homosexual.  Rather it says that homosexuals should be celibate.

*  The standard definition of homosexuality says that it is not a choice.

*  Standard definitions do NOT equate transgenderism with homosexuality.  They are two different conditions. A transgendered person is not ipso facto considered to be homosexual. 

Gregory

• Moderators

For a period of about 13 months I was assigned to work on a special project with people who were HIV positive.  A few were females.  Most were male homosexuals.    A few were not homosexual.  Some were Seventh-day Adventist.  Some were celibate.  During that period of time I met with them, shared meals with them and otherwise got to know them.  The total number of people who were our clients amounted to several hundred.  Of course, I got to know some much better than others.  But, I was clearly involved in the lives of some.

I will ask you the question that you implied about me.  How many homosexuals have you been involved with on a day to day basis to include sharing meals with them?

Gregory

1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I will ask you the question that you implied about me.

I'm sure you served all people to the best of your ability. Not sure what you think my post implied. What I meant to say was that it would be interesting to discuss the Lord's Supper with people who are either unwilling or unable to truly repent of their sin. My contact with those in question has mostly been in other than the context of church. We never discussed the Blessed Sacrament.

• Moderators

GHanson has engaged me in a private conversation which i appreciate.  HIs spirit was good and informative.

It is very clear that he has an extensive background in working directly with homosexual people.  As such, he has informed views on many aspects of related issues.   It is possible that he and I have not fully understood what the other person has written.  As that was not the focus of our communication, I am not positive on this.   

Gregory