ClubAdventist is back!

3 word devotional

Rahab

? Remnant will possess all things 

Zechariah 8:12 For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things .

• Members
On 11/28/2021 at 9:10 PM, Rahab said:

1 John 2:25 

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Amen!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

? Fill face of earth 

Isaiah 27:6 

He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root: Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.

Teach you what to say ?

Luke 12:11-12 

And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Gracious & merciful ?

Exodus 33:19 

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

? Poured out My Spirit 

Ezekiel 39:29 

Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God .

Called sons of God ?

1 John 3:1 

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

No more hurt 

Isaiah 11:9 

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord , as the waters cover the sea.

Wise shall shine 

Daniel 12:3 

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

He shall bear our iniquities ✝️

Isaiah 53:11 

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

? Lovingkindness, judgment ?‍⚖️, righteousness ⚖️

Jeremiah 9:24 

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord .

We shall be like Him ?

1 John 3:2 

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

וְיַעֲקֹב אִישׁ תָּם

yaakob ish tam

The KJV translates this verse as "Jacob was a plain man" but it contains only 3 words in Hebrew. Most of the verses containing the word translated "plain" are in Job. Every time the word tam appears in Job it is translated as "perfect". Job is described  as a  "perfect" man. The word tam is also translated as "upright" and "undefiled" in Proverbs and the Solomon.

Jacob is described as "perfect" because he lived in a tent (Gen. 25:27).

10 hours ago, Rahab said:

Not sure what your point is here?

Perhaps I have a question rather than a point. Does the text mean that Jacob was plain/perfect because he lived in a tent or he lived in a tent because he was plain/perfect? The word translated "plain" is used ~13 times in the OT. It is translated "plain" just this once. Most of the time it is translated as "perfect" in Job. Job 1:1, 1:8, and 2:3  this word  describes Job as a "perfect" man. Why do you think the text in Genesis is talking about Jesus? The verse is describing the difference between Jacob and Esau.  

11 hours ago, GHansen said:

Perhaps I have a question rather than a point. Does the text mean that Jacob was plain/perfect because he lived in a tent or he lived in a tent because he was plain/perfect? The word translated "plain" is used ~13 times in the OT. It is translated "plain" just this once. Most of the time it is translated as "perfect" in Job. Job 1:1, 1:8, and 2:3  this word  describes Job as a "perfect" man. Why do you think the text in Genesis is talking about Jesus? The verse is describing the difference between Jacob and Esau.  

Oh sorry I meant the text in 1 John is referring to Jesus. 

11 hours ago, GHansen said:

Living in a tent doesn’t make one perfect or righteous. But because he is humble and following God, he is not ostentatious. Therefore living by simple means seems to fit. What do you think?