ClubAdventist is back!

Becoming a Better Good Samaritan, by David Jackson

Kevin H

• Moderators

Just got a book, and today started coming down with something, not too sick yet, but sick enough to stay at home and read so far 75 of the 100 pages in the book "Becoming a Better Good Samaritan: Using Scripture and Choice Theory Psychology Helping others live life Abundantly"

Very excited about this book. Very common sense and ties together faith and works in a powerful way.  I have long thought that a few people, such as William Glasser, in their approaches have put righteousness by faith into secular terminology and will reach many for heaven who would not be necessarly overly attracted to traditional religion. This book is a good bridge between Scripture and Dr. Glassser's work and will be a powerful tool whether for your family and friends or if you work with people who need a good Samaritan to help them in their lives.  http://wglasser.com/becoming-a-better-good-samaritan/ I hope that many of you buy a copy and also get one for your pastor.

• Moderators

I do not think that the ABC is aware of the book. I hope that they will someday. Right now it is either through the Glasser institute with the website above or from Dr. Jackson directly (I have the e-mail and can PM people who need that, but I did put up the link where you can order.) although I got it through Amazon. It's an affordable book so maybe ordering 2 or 3 and give a copy to your pastor and to the manager  of the ABC.

It is a related topic to the book that the ABC does sell (sadly out of print but they might have copies) by Jim Roy.  It would be good to get both books.  https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Shapers-Better-Parents-Educators/dp/0828018316/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517063422&sr=8-2&keywords=soul+shapers

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

So has anyone gotten and read the book? It was fantastic. It is written for the lay members of church. He has a few other books. Two on my reading list is "Choice Theory and Reality Therapy" which is written for people who work in institutions and prisons. The other is built on that book "Angry girls who bully" .

• 4 weeks later...