ClubAdventist is back!

New Jerusalem Population

whbae

Don't the Jehovah's Witnesses put extra emphasis on the 144k? I'm wondering if this concept has (on the fringe)  adherents in all Faith Traditions or is it primarily found in those groups classified as Adventist in the Handbook of Denominations? 

I would say all Christian denominations mention the 144,000, and have some view of who that is/will be. 

Some believe they will be Christians of Hebrew descent, from the 12 tribes.

Some believe the number represents all of the redeemed of earth, from Adam on.

Some believe the number represents all those redeemed from the Christian era.

Some believe they will be those who have reached "perfection" in the final days.

Some believe they will be those who are alive to see Christ return in glory. 

Etc. 

Ellen White was told (according to one account of a vision) that she (if she continued to do God's will) would be with the 144,000.  For SDAs, that would exclude the view that the 144,000 will be those righteous believers who will not die before Christ returns. 

8thdaypriest

• Members
4 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Ellen White was told (according to one account of a vision) that she (if she continued to do God's will) would be with the 144,000.  For SDAs, that would exclude the view that the 144,000 will be those righteous believers who will not die before Christ returns. 

Interesting I've never heard that!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

EW page 40.  "The the angel said, 'You must go back, and if you are faithful, you, with the 144,000, shall have the privilege of visiting all the worlds and viewing the handiwork of god.'"

There's another statement in Early Writings that I've always had a question about.  What is the Temple that only the 144,000 are allowed to enter?

EW page 19

"And as we were about to enter the holy temple, Jesus raised His lovely voice and said, 'Only the 144,000 enter this place,' and we shouted, 'Alleluia.'"  This temple was supported by seven pillars, all of transparent gold, set with pearls most glorious.  The wonderful things I there saw I cannot describe.  Oh, that I could talk in the language of Canaan, then could I tell a little of the glory of the better world.  I saw there tables of stone in which the names of the 144,000 were engraved in letters of gold.  After we beheld the glory of the temple, we went out, and Jesus left us and went to the city." 

Apparently there is "no Temple there" - in "the City", but there is one some distance outside the City.  Where would such a temple be located, outside of "the City" ?

8thdaypriest

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 9:14 AM, whbae said:

The New Jerusalem will be populated by 144,000.00 plus those dies in Christ throughout the history of this world since the beginning of the earth.  Think about it for a minute, how big is the New Jerusalem which will be located on this earth.   It appears to me there aren't too many saved through each generation of this world of 6000 years!

To me, that is not what we should be concerned about. We should focus on working out each of our own soul salvation. Plus the Bible said the 144,000,  the laborers will reap the harvest of souls. That is the great multitude that no man can number. You do not know how many who have died will be saved and why you should any of us? Just be concern about yourself and let THE ALMIGHTY ONES take care of all who are saved and the New Jerusalem. Let's just plan to make to the city ourselves!!!!:excited:

Blessings!

On 9/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, 8thdaypriest said:

EW page 40.  "The the angel said, 'You must go back, and if you are faithful, you, with the 144,000, shall have the privilege of visiting all the worlds and viewing the handiwork of god.'"

There's another statement in Early Writings that I've always had a question about.  What is the Temple that only the 144,000 are allowed to enter?

EW page 19

"And as we were about to enter the holy temple, Jesus raised His lovely voice and said, 'Only the 144,000 enter this place,' and we shouted, 'Alleluia.'"  This temple was supported by seven pillars, all of transparent gold, set with pearls most glorious.  The wonderful things I there saw I cannot describe.  Oh, that I could talk in the language of Canaan, then could I tell a little of the glory of the better world.  I saw there tables of stone in which the names of the 144,000 were engraved in letters of gold.  After we beheld the glory of the temple, we went out, and Jesus left us and went to the city." 

Apparently there is "no Temple there" - in "the City", but there is one some distance outside the City.  Where would such a temple be located, outside of "the City" ?

You know, what I have always claim boldly that EGW visions were already seen in the Bible. YAHSHUA who IS THE SPIRIT of  PROPHECY revealed all throughout the Bible HIS prophecies to HIS prophets. The truth have been consistent that THE FATHER'S Throne and dwelling place was in HIS HOLY TEMPLE!

Moses was a pattern of THE REAL and Ezekiel was more splendid and even close to THE HEAVENLY TEMPLE. YAHWEH continual make reference to the ONE in Heaven, stating very clear that there would be no more sin, sadness, and death. HIS TEMPLE would be everlasting. 

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when YAHWEH of hosts shall reign in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before HIS ancients GLORIOUSLY. Isa 24:23 

Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the Holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. Isa 52:1 

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on THE NAME of YAHWEH shall be delivered: for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as YAHWEH hath said, and in the remnant whom YAHWEH shall call. Joel 2:32 

So shall ye know that I AM YAHWEH your ELOHEI dwelling in Zion, MY HOLY Mountain: then shall Jerusalem be HOLY, and there shall no strangers pass through her anymore. Joel 3:17

And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and YAHWEH shall reign over them in Mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. Micah 4:7 

Thus, saith; YAHWEH I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the Mountain of YAHWEH of hosts the HOLY Mountain. Zec 8:3 

But ye are come unto Mount Sion, and unto the City of THE LIVING ELOHEI, the Heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, Heb 12:22 

Rev 14:1  And I looked, and, lo, A LAMB stood on the Mount Sion, and with HIM an hundred forty and four thousand, having HIS FATHER’S NAME written in their foreheads. 

The Bible even clearly stated that Lucifer wanted to above THE FATHER The stars mentioned are the angels and he wanted to sit in THE TEMPLE as ruler even over YAHWEH! Isa. 14:13 The Bible made it clear that TEMPLE was on Mt. Zion and the creation of the New Jerusalem in Heaven will be close to Mt. Zion. The song marching to Zion is all the saint to the TEMPLE!  Rev 1:6 states, clearly there will be those who will be both priest and king! Rev 14:1 states, who these people are the 144,000. They will receive their reward:

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. Dan 12:3  

And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. Rev 14:14  

If you will study Aaron's priestly robe you notice he had a double breast plate:

And they wrought onyx stones inclosed in ouches of gold, graven, as signets are graven, with the names of the children of IsraEL. And he put them on the shoulders of the ephod, that they should be stones for a memorial to the children of IsraEL; as YAHWEH Commanded Moses.  And they set in it four rows of stones: the first row was a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this was the first row. And the second row, an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond. And the third row, a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.  And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper: they were inclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings. And the stones were according to the names of the children of Israel, twelve, according to their names, like the engravings of a signet, everyone with his name, according to the twelve tribes. Ex 39:6, 7, 10-14 

Again, the above was an earthly order, but YAHSHUA'S PRIESTHOOD is after the order of Melchizedek a Jebusite and Jerusalem was already built and known. We do not know about his temple but we know he was both priest and king of THE MOST HIGH! Gen 14:18 We see, that the 144,000 named IsraEL who overcame the world, will have their names also written on a table of stone with their name engraved in gold.

EGW saw what was already presented in the Bible. She was a messenger, our prophets are all in the Bible who have received the Testimony of YAHSHUA! The truth was forgotten, just like the Commandments, Judgements and Statutes were forgotten by the Children of IsraEL! YAHWEH gave visions to prove the validity of the Bible and that HIS WORD will not come back to HIM VOID!

I hope to see you all in the City, be blessed!

Finally, YAHSHUA said HE is the LIGHT of the world and HIS FATHER  and HIM  will be in the City. They will be our LIGHT and GLORY! Rev 22:5 I do not question THE ALMIGHTY ONES, I take THEM at THEIR WORD! I have faith to believe that THEY ARE THE CREATORS of the Universe so whatever order THEY state is good enough for me. I just want to make it into the City to with THESE GLORIOUS BEINGS!

On 9/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, phkrause said:

Interesting I've never heard that!!

That's right! 144,000 + 1! Why should we be surprize, Enoch prophesied, Elijah also and their reward they were both translated to Heaven. The 24 elders and the other witnesses came up from the grave with YAHSHUA! The Tribunal Court in Heaven has a jury the 24 elders. Court has other to witness to the investigation trial. Flesh beings are on trial, all names are place in the Book of LIFE; YAHSHUA died for the whole world. Investigated Judgment is both those who are blotted out and those who remain in the Book of LIFE! That is why most do not understand Rev Chapter 6. The World Book of LIFE was open and the four horses represent different time and stages the earth went through because of flesh beings. From the Adams to those sealed during the Time of Trouble and those lost as well; sealed ones will remain in the Book, wicked will be blotted out! 

EGW grew during a time when YAHWEH truth had been covered up.  Mysticism and paganism had clothes themselves into false worshipping YAHWEH by the Whore and her daughters the Protestant churches. The pioneers was dealing with so many lies, like souls do not actual died, how many CREATIVE  BEINGS are there? Three, two, or tri (1/3 +1/3+1/3)=1 is a trinity; HOLY SPIRIT: is it A BEING, a ghost, THE FATHER  suppose spirit or YAHSHUA suppose spirit or could HE BE A BEING too? The lunar solar Calendar or Gregorian  Catholic calendar (we used today), YAHWEH'S Holy days (they are called Holy Convocation and not feast days), vs Satan unholy days both are set times ( these are feast days: Christmas, Easter, New Year, Valentine, Whitsunday or  Pentecost, Halloween, and many saint days)' the Sabbath vs Sunday, the Commandments are they just 10 are they more, eating animal flesh, what is a swine? Other health laws. There were so many things that had to be understood and it took courage during the time of the worst type of slavery on the earth! Chattel slavery to Afrikan people base on the color of their skin. Do you think this was easy it was not! None of them understood everything, they studied and they lived up to all they knew at the time. If EGW did not have the visions that she did, the rocks would have cried out the truth! Did the SDA reject the path YAHWEH was slowly leading them on, yes in 1888! But, HIS WORD will not come back to HIM VOID! Truth will conquer against darkness!

I do not ask anyone to believe me, read the history of the church and history period. Ask why did they keep the Day of Atonement; one of YAHWEH'S Holy Convocation Days, to discover the Investigated Judgment!

People of all kind sometime do not want to hear the truth, the whole truth! Choices have to be made! True deep studies have to been done! Prejudices have to be eradicated (please do not mix it up with racism even though it is under its umbrella)! You have to check out what and why do you believe the way you do! If you hold on to it without checking it out thoroughly-that's prejudice or biasness! We need to stop putting people down until you know the history completely about their lives and not myths or fairy tales. We all elevate who we want and put down who we dislike! We need to check out their lives and see if they lie. A liar cannot bear at all good fruit! We all have sin but their are those who continually sin and brings others down with them! They will lie and do evil things to others, they have no justice, they are selfish, and so much more!

Finally, I stated the above because so many have told many untruth about EGW. Both in and out of the SDA Church. She was a messenger, who believed; she did not understand everything, but lived up to all that she knew. She made mistakes base on what she believed in the Methodist church to be true and it wasn't. She said when you see that she or the pioneers believed in something that was in error ( just like they find some things they use to believe was in error), she said to correct it base on the Bible and not on what we say! She wrote Testimony to the Ministers p. 105-119 because of that feeling. Thank you Sister White and praise always to THE MOST HIGH! Truth will be reveal, so YAHSHUA can come!

Blessings!

On 2/19/2018 at 3:59 PM, GayatfootofCross said:

God is infinite in love and housing capabilities.

Have you ever noticed, my friend, that Jesus also says "in My Father's House are "MANY MANSIONS:" and He never really said just how many!  Truly, I have seen such useless quibbling about that number; and all I have concluded so far is the numbers are FUDG-ED by many agenda driven dogmas.

Jesus said I go to prepare a place for YOU and He didnt make it conditional that he could only do it for you IF He could fit you into THAT, into "THE number...(prescribed) for us, and NOT by Jesus. Jesus doesnt care about 'the 144000 with you in it; He just cares that you be there, in one of those rooms. IncidentALLY; Jesus never promised one of those "many mansions/rooms for anyone in the 144,000! lol  Id rather have my own "room, (Jesus calls it "many mansions")  AND thats why I eagerly await the return of OUR Lord

(Oh Yes Mr Rogers, that was my "good boy" comment)  Seems to me there is another verse, with a BIGGER number in it that 144,00!! LOL. See Rev 7:9

After this I saw, and, behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and kindreds and peoples and tongues stood before the throne and before the Lamb clothed with long white robes and palms in their hands

THAT seems a little higher than "144,000"

Edited by BlessedMan

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

On 10/8/2019 at 9:02 PM, stinsonmarri said:

That's right! 144,000 + 1! Why should we be surprize, Enoch prophesied, Elijah also and their reward they were both translated to Heaven. The 24 elders and the other witnesses came up from the grave with YAHSHUA! The Tribunal Court in Heaven has a jury the 24 elders.

We interupt this news bulletin with another bulletin to say Howdy Stinsonmarri! I have missed you!

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

On 10/13/2019 at 3:55 AM, BlessedMan said:

We interupt this news bulletin with another bulletin to say Howdy Stinsonmarri! I have missed you!

Wow! I Sure have missed you! Love the new name, even though you stole a part from me!:excited:?

Bless you!

On 9/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, Gustave said:

Don't the Jehovah's Witnesses put extra emphasis on the 144k? I'm wondering if this concept has (on the fringe)  adherents in all Faith Traditions or is it primarily found in those groups classified as Adventist in the Handbook of Denominations? 

It you start out with untruth, Jehovah is not accurate, simple! Their belief on the 144,000 is not Biblical just the number!

Blessings!

1 hour ago, stinsonmarri said:

It you start out with untruth, Jehovah is not accurate, simple! Their belief on the 144,000 is not Biblical just the number!

Blessings!

ha ha, I am just "borrowing" until the "end of time."

Light In The Clouds