ClubAdventist is back!

A Major Crisis Predicted 30 Years Ago

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Most reading this will know that I regularly post links to statements by others.   Many will assume that my posting of such a link indicates that I agree with the author.  It is true that I do often agree with what the author said, even if only in part.  However, I and this forum recognize that often Adventism is divided on issues that clearly the Lord has not settled, notwithstanding what some may think.    :)  One should never assume that I agree with all to which I post links.

Earlier today I came, by accident, across an article first published almost 30 years ago.  [NOTE:  It also contains a supplement that is dated 10 years later.]   It was written to critique an article written by Ralph Martin, then President of the Potomac Conference, titled:  "Will the Real Seventh-day Adventist Church Please Stand Up."  Later (Winter of 1990), Martin's article was published in the Adventist Review.  The authors of this critique were: Thomas A. Norris and Elizabeth G. Norris. 

While I do not agree with some of what was said in this critique, I stand in awe of other comments that are made in that critique.  I consider it to have much value to we who are SDA members almost 30 years after the critique was written.

To access this work see:

http://sdanet.org/atissue/soapbox/Norrisfull.html

NOTE:  Do not miss reading the supplement written 10 years later, and beginning on page 22.

Gregory