ClubAdventist is back!

Unity & Discipline

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

A survey has been taken that seeks to determine how members and leadership believe as discipline and unity related to the role of women in the SDA Church.  The following URL takes one to a report on that survey:

http://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story5966-survey-results-presented-to-unity-oversight-committee-qualitative-research-continues

Gregory

• Members

a team to listen sensitively, counsel and pray with the presidents of unions not in compliance with voted actions of GC Sessions and of the GC Executive Committee

we all know what that really means...  "dump your values, beliefs, and conscience, and conform to *our* way of thinking — or else..."

• Sad 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I especially like the part that says to vote..... “what they believe is the view of the majority of members in their territory, as opposed to their personal opinion.”

Based on the results of the voting, I question accuracy or we have a whole lot of leaders out of touch with members.

I could be wrong...but I have my suspicions!!

• Moderators

The survey clearly does not meet professional standards. 

Gregory

They must be quite sure of their 'reading' audience, or totaly oblivious as to how it comes across to an open minded person. I realize it is for SDA audiences but it just doesn't put them in a very favorable light. Desperate to publish something affirmative to their point of view or very naive. Makes one wonder.