ClubAdventist is back!

Why I left an Evangelical Cult

GayatfootofCross

less than 17 minutes

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Administrators

I agree, I enjoyed this. It makes me appreciate even more the freedom of conscience that God created man to have in order that our love for Him would be true and from the heart; not dictated from rules and coerced.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

This problem is not confined to abusive evangelical religious groups.  it is a human problem and found all over the world, where ever narcissistic charismatic men are domineering and controlling, whether it is just their family or whether additionally draw groups of families together. 

I was hitchhiking in my teen years and was given a  ride by a man who tried to solicit me into a cult.   He was very persuasive.  He had given up a great job to join this commune, gave them all his money and property.  He was very persuasive and they had a powerful leader. They were the Love family and very large and powerful.  I knew it was not truth, but i still dealt with the power of the appeal.

Human influence in the control of evil is not necessarily powerless because it is in error.  and recovery from it is no small matter.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.