ClubAdventist is back!

School worksheet promoted anti-Muslim discrimination says state dept of ed

Stan

The California Department of Education has found that a worksheet distributed by a public middle school teacher promoted a discriminatory bias against Muslims. The post School worksheet promoted anti-Muslim discrimination says state dept of ed appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV - Celebrating Liberty of Conscience.

ReligiousLiberty-Rltv?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ReligiousLiberty-Rltv?d=qj6IDK7rITs
3yDXMBJPztQ

View the full article

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

this is what the teacher handed out... it was copied from http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html

Totally inappropriate material for a 7th grade class, especially in the public school system.

Sharia Law

Sharia law is the law of Islam. The Sharia (also spelledShari'a or Shariah) law is cast from the words ofMuhammad, called "hadith," his actions, called "sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. The Sharia law cannot be altered but its interpretation, called "fiqh," by muftis (Islamic jurists) is allocated some latitude.

As a legal system, the Sharia law is exceptionally broad. While other legal codes regulate public behavior, the Sharia law regulates public behavior, private behavior, and even private beliefs. Compared to other legal codes, the Sharia law also prioritizes punishment over rehabilitation and favors corporal and capital punishments over incarceration. Of all legal systems in the world today, the Sharia law is the most intrusive and restrictive, especially against women. According to the Sharia law (see links for details):

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the hands (Quran 5:38).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (See Compulsion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

5 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

this is what the teacher handed out... it was copied from http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html

Totally inappropriate material for a 7th grade class, especially in the public school system.

So, … was the quoted  information true or false? It seems that some in the Muslem world follow those rules. And if true, why was it inappropriate? Are 7th graders not able to handle real world stuff?

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Members

12-yr-old children should not have to deal with adult issues purposely thrust upon them by a teacher in a school setting...

Just my opinion, which really doesn't matter to anyone.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

1)  The document is clearly not balanced.

2)  I strongly suspect that the document was related to one of the sects of Islam and not accepted by all  Islamic sects.  As such, the document was not a proper research document and could be considered, as it was, to discriminate against Muslims.

3)  The document appears to have come from a source that claims that Muslims wish to implement it in the U.S.  That has been   denied by Islamic groups.

The following is one statement about Islam that is on the website that also posted the information used by the teacher:

Islamization of America is accelerating. In tandem with the spread of Sharia law in America's courts,* the islamization of American media, political, education and prison systems in particular is gaining momentum.

What is driving the Islamization of America?

Estimated to be five million, the Muslim population in USA today is about the size of the Hispanic population 27 years ago, but it is growing six times faster than the national rate, thanks to high rates of birth, immigration and conversions.

Islam's growth in American prisons is particularly troubling. About 80% of Americans who convert to a religion while in prison become Muslim, who now comprise about 20% of U.S. prison population. The conversion rate is especially high among African-American inmates.

During the presidency of Barack Hussein Obama, whose father and stepfather were Muslims, Islamic groups, including Muslim Brotherhood's Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), penetrated the highest levels of the U.S. government. The White House had a White House Muslim Advisor, who had counterpart Muslim advisors in the U.S. Department of Justice, the FBI, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, whose Senior Fellow, Mohamed Elibiary declared that USA is an "Islamic country

Gregory

• Moderators

Here is another quote from the same website:

How do we stop Islam?

To stop Islam, we must accept the reality, stop pretending, make an overdue decision, and take common sense measures. Here are the 10 steps to stop the spread of Islam in America, Canada, UK &Europe.

1.  Stop believing what Muslims tell us about Islam (see Taqiyya). Instead, believe what they do, what they tell each other (see Muslim Brotherhood), what the Sharia law prescribes, and factually discern the truth about the "Religion of Peace."

2.  Reject the unwarranted accusations of "Islamophobia!" and make the courageous decision to stop Islam now before it spreads even farther and irreversibly deeper into the West (see Spread of Islam).

3.  Close or block all Jihadist websites, blogs, video, photo and social media accounts that are being used to incite terrorism and recruit terrorists.

4.  Stop the army of young Muslim men flooding into the West as fake refugees, prosecute those who sexuaIIy assault our women (see Taharrush), and deport those who blow their cover (see Muslim refugees).

5.  Block Muslim imams' access to our public schools, college campuses, armed forces and prisons; we would block any other group with ties to Adolf Hitler (see Hitler & Islam).

6.  Outlaw the seditious Sharia law and prosecute for sedition all groups that promote it. Also pass laws to ban Hijab, which is the targeting tool for Taharrush and other sexual assaults, and to stop the islamization of our food supply (see Halal).

7.  Require reciprocity of religious freedom from Islamic governments (e,g., Saudi Arabia) that are financing and building mosques in the West; if churches can't be built there, they shouldn't be building mosques here.

If all seven defensive steps above are taken but the three offensive steps below are not, we will lose this War against Islam.

8.  Realize that Islam cannot penetrate where Christianity is strong. The entry and spread of Islam in "Christian" nations indicate a spiritual void where religiosity has replaced the true Gospel (see About Us); Islam's advance is not the cause but a symptom of spiritual decay in the nations affected. Christians must repent and cry out to God, who promised, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14). If we don't, the Bible warns, "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain." (Psalm 127:1)

9.  Recognize the spiritual nature of this war and arm ourselves accordingly: "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (Ephesians 6:12-17). To not walk into this sword fight with a nail file or barehanded, most self-declared Christians today must learn the true Gospel (see About) and sharpen their "sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (click here).

10.  Pray for Muslims and ask God to open their eyes so that they can recognize Prophet Isa as the Muslim Messiah, and witness to Muslims in our workplaces, schools and neighborhoods, as well as in Muslim countries via online chats, websites, blogs, vlogs, radio and cable/satellite programs, etc. Islam, which denies the atoning death, resurrection and deity of Jesus (see Explaining the Trinity), can never be reconciled with Christianity. One or the other will give way (see Bible vs. Quran and Jesus vs. Muhammad). If Christians don't take the True Gospel to Muslims, they will bring us Sharia.

Gregory

7 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

12-yr-old children should not have to deal with adult issues purposely thrust upon them by a teacher in a school setting...

Just my opinion, which really doesn't matter to anyone.

I think 12 year olds will be able to comprehend the issues. Don't forget they are getting sex education beginning in kindergarten. Transvestite are putting on shows for young children. and any number of other things being taught in public schools. There was a blowup in Tennessee of all places when they discovered Islam was being taught in the schools.

Some think that immigrants want to establish Sharia law here. Sorry, but they will whenever and wherever they think they can. They are trying very hard in Europe and there are places where the citizens of some of the Europeans countries are having their lives impacted by the demands of the immigrants that they adhere to their idea of how things should run. So, I am not at all going to believe that they will not try it here.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

I am with Pam and Greg. My opinion, to me it is blatanting teaching 'anti Islam', much like 'anti RCC' was taught when I was in SDA elementary schools. Christ was not 'anti people' but 'pro people'. Such literature is not just about a religion but about people. What happens in this country when some one  is known as a Muslim? Is there a question about that person? It is much like Blacks were treated in this country for decades and and other minorities as well. SDA's are unhappy about being called a cult because of the actions of persons like Vernon Howell. We claim to be separate from the actions of a few. But mention the word 'Islam" and the fear begins, not of a religion but of a people.  We taught hatred of the RCC system and painted them as the devil, are we continuing that path again? I was apprehensive about those people, RCC, until I had a Catholic classmate in the 9th grade and could not figure why he didn't have horns or some other defects. He was a normal person just like me!! (he did like to wear purple clothes though, maybe that was a sign)

Maybe we should  'balance' out the education by studying the history of Christianities conquests, battles, slaughters of other peoples in the name of God! WE look at the OT and say it was all justified! In the centuries since, the slaughter of 'infidels' was also justified. Yet, when Christ was on this earth, was that His message? 

Hate has to and must stop, continueing down that path is simply not doing the work of Christ, in my opinion. Teaching 7th graders to be suspicious or have feelings of hate towards others is uncalled for.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Of course I am not saying that there is nothing on the  website that is true.

But, elementary school is not the time and place for teaching everything that may be true.

In my graduate work in psychology, I have taken instruction in sexuality.  This has included material that is not and should not be included in elementary education.

That website was not the proper source of reliable information about Islam for elementary school students.

I have taught World religions to graduate clergy.  If I gave my students an assignment to write a one-page paper [NOTE:  I often assigned them to write one page papers, which forced them to be concise and focus on their main point.] related to Islam, I would fail a student who submitted such a paper for a failure to be balanced.

• Like 1

Gregory