ClubAdventist is back!

The Investigative Judgment

Gregory Matthews

4 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

SM said:  "YAHSHUA will Judge the second phase of the Judgment."   

Where do you get that?  Jesus said,  "The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son" (John 5:22 NKJ).    ALL JUDGMENT is all judgment!  

Everything the Father has done - He has done THROUGH His Son.   Everything the Father will yet do - He will do THROUGH His Son.  

Maybe it is semantics? 

When Jesus judges someone worthy, He then asks the Father to accept that individual as one that is accepted by the Son.

Surely Jesus will not plead His blood for one that He judges to be unworthy

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

21 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Lot of detail there - first phase, second phase, executive, investigative.  

We read the SAME BIBLE, but we come to very different conclusions.  

I thought NAMES were written in "the book" - not specific deeds.   The Book of Life contains the NAMES of those who belong to Christ.   Only Christ can "blot out" a name from that book.

The judgment of Daniel 7, is a judgment of Christ.  It's NOT a judgment OF human beings.   Has Christ demonstrated that He can cure sin - within the human heart?  Has Christ shown that it is safe to give eternal life to humans - humans once infected with sin? 

SM said:  "YAHSHUA will Judge the second phase of the Judgment."   

Where do you get that?  Jesus said,  "The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son" (John 5:22 NKJ).    ALL JUDGMENT is all judgment!  

Everything the Father has done - He has done THROUGH His Son.   Everything the Father will yet do - He will do THROUGH His Son. 

There are two phases to judgment but it is judgment as a whole. The first phase you are investigated, the second phases you are meted out your just reward. The Bible said clearly books were open!

. . .The judgment was set and the books were opened. Dan 7:9, 10 KJV

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of ELOHIYM; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: Rom 2:5, 6 SACRED NAME KJV

To execute judgment upon all; and to convict all the wicked, because of all the deeds they have wickedly committed; and because of all the harsh words, which the unrighteous sinners have spoken. Jude 1:15   HRB

It is simple THE FATHER investigate the righteous good deeds throughout her/his life and then your name is placed or remain in the Book of Life.The wicked is done the same way only his name is not in the Book of Life. YAHSHUA does the will of HIS FATHER and execute judgement bringing both the righteous and the wicked reward with HIM, which is their just reward or sentence. That is judgment! Again, I present it is your choice to believe what the Bible says.

Blessings!

22 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

The word "investigative" is NOT in the Bible. 

There IS no "investigative judgment".

No the word investigative is not in the Bible. But let's look up the meaning of the word investigate:

Investigate is an adjective that comes from investigation which means:

Early 15c., from Old French investigacion (14c.), from Latin investigationem (nominative investigatio) "a searching into, a searching for," noun of action from past participle stem of investigare "to trace out, search after," figuratively "search into, investigate.

Now guess what there are Scriptures with the word search:

SACRED NAMES KJV:

Shall not ELOHIYM search this out? for HE Knoweth the secrets of the heart. Psa 44:21

Search me, O ELOHIYM, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: Psa 139:23 

I YAHWEH search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jer 17:10 

Looking up the word in Strong Hebrew Dictionary:

Search: Châqar: examine (v.) c. 1300, "put (someone) to question in regard to knowledge, competence, or skill, inquire into qualifications or capabilities;" mid-14c., "inspect or survey (something) carefully, scrutinize, view or observe in all aspects with the purpose of forming a correct opinion or judgment," from Old French examiner "interrogate, question, torture," from Latin examinare "to test or try; consider, ponder," literally "to weigh," from examen "a means of weighing or testing," probably ultimately from exigere "demand, require, enforce," literally "to drive or force out," also "to finish, measure," from ex "out" (see ex-) + agere "to set in motion, drive, drive forward; to do, perform" (from PIE root *ag- "to drive, draw out or forth, move"). Legal sense of "question or hear (a witness in court)" is from early 15c.

Now the above meaning proves that inspecting or surveying, carefully scrutinizing, observing in all aspects with the purpose of forming a correct opinion of judgment. That is what you do when you investigate! So if you do not want to say that particular word say, forming a correct opinion judgment! Examiner judgment, interrogative judgment, weighing judgment, literal judgment; do I need to say more. THE FATHER Will search your deeds and THE SON Will execute each ones just reward. Again, I am a presenter; the choice is up to each every person individually!

Blessings!

20 hours ago, hch said:

The word trinity is not in the Bible either,

but it expresses our understanding of a teaching that is rock solid.

Not to me.  I am not a Trinitarian.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Not to me.  I am not a Trinitarian.

Neither do I and nothing in the Bible makes that claim of three persons being! The word begotten if you look it up it mean equal to and alike.  The word one in Hebrew is "echad," it means unity, united, together! I read of THREE INDIVIDUAL SPIRIT BEINGS, THE FATHER who Spoke from Heaven after THE SON came out of the water here on earth. THE HOLY SPIRIT presented HIMSELF like a dove. So to me that make THREE and not a tri! THE FATHER told HIS SON to sit down on HIS RIGHT SIDE. THEY also made angels spirit beings like THEM and made us fleshly beings. So I am presenting only what the Bible says and it is up to each everyone to make their own choice. I myself choose to believe the Bible!

• Moderators

Moderator Writing:

This forum is populated by a wide range of people.  Some are Seventh-day Adventist and some are not.

We allow a range of  expression in this forum.  The expressed opinions should generally be considered to be the individual opinions of the writer and often are not the teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Gregory

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:29 AM, hch said:

Truth is revealed in the study of the Investigative Judgment

I can agree with that statement! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Moderator Writing:

This forum is populated by a wide range of people.  Some are Seventh-day Adventist and some are not.

We allow a range of  expression in this forum.  The expressed opinions should generally be considered to be the individual opinions of the writer and often are not the teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Pastor Matthew: Not to be disrespectful, but the teaching of the SDA Church is not going to save us.  Not the teaching of any church, but the truth according to the Bible. As we were discussing earlier how the teachings of the shut door was a mistake and the teachings that YAHSHUA was to return on both dates that were pick. The second date was right according to the Bible, but the teaching had some error. EGW said that we should not hold on to error. I do not care nor do I believe what many implied that EGW believe in the trinity. I know when my mother joined this church and I was a young child, we did not believe in the trinity. Now there were teachings, I found over the years that we teach are not Biblical. I am SDA because of the pioneers, which included EGW stood for. I have seen this church go through compromises, but I know where my faith is in what SDA once stood for. You know that the SDA Bible Commentaries presented some time two to three different views that SDA have. Many of us today are standing up that women have equal rights to be ordain. But you know the SDA Church teaches differently.

It is sad that men do the opposite of what THE HEAVENLY FATHER Says to do and that is to understand and not interpret, yet we do! I know that many who are SDA believe in the trinity, but there are many others who do not and this is the truth. If a person chooses to accept the trinity then that is her/his choice as it is for those who choose not to accept it. We can only present what the Bible says and sir, I see nothing in it that says trinity or anything related to the word. 

Blessings!

22 hours ago, hch said:

On 5/31/2018 at 7:26 PM, 8thdaypriest said:

The word "investigative" is NOT in the Bible.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 22.44.28.jpg

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Jesus promised that we shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set us free, 

Thus I believe that as we search for truth with all of our hearts, we will find it as Jeremiah foretold.

But when we come across words that express what is labeled as "biblical" truth 

we need the discernment of the Holy Spirit to distinguish

if those words truly express the Truth that comes from God.

The Investigative Judgment is portrayed in the Sanctuary service in the Old Testament.

The sins are transferred to the sacrifice whose blood is poured under the alter

There the record of the sins remain until the Day of Atonement when the Sanctuary is cleansed.

• Like 1

His child Henry 

17 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

No the word investigative is not in the Bible. But let's look up the meaning of the word investigate:

Investigate is an adjective that comes from investigation which means:

Early 15c., from Old French investigacion (14c.), from Latin investigationem (nominative investigatio) "a searching into, a searching for," noun of action from past participle stem of investigare "to trace out, search after," figuratively "search into, investigate.

Now guess what there are Scriptures with the word search:

SACRED NAMES KJV:

Shall not ELOHIYM search this out? for HE Knoweth the secrets of the heart. Psa 44:21

Search me, O ELOHIYM, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: Psa 139:23 

I YAHWEH search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jer 17:10 

Looking up the word in Strong Hebrew Dictionary:

Search: Châqar: examine (v.) c. 1300, "put (someone) to question in regard to knowledge, competence, or skill, inquire into qualifications or capabilities;" mid-14c., "inspect or survey (something) carefully, scrutinize, view or observe in all aspects with the purpose of forming a correct opinion or judgment," from Old French examiner "interrogate, question, torture," from Latin examinare "to test or try; consider, ponder," literally "to weigh," from examen "a means of weighing or testing," probably ultimately from exigere "demand, require, enforce," literally "to drive or force out," also "to finish, measure," from ex "out" (see ex-) + agere "to set in motion, drive, drive forward; to do, perform" (from PIE root *ag- "to drive, draw out or forth, move"). Legal sense of "question or hear (a witness in court)" is from early 15c.

Now the above meaning proves that inspecting or surveying, carefully scrutinizing, observing in all aspects with the purpose of forming a correct opinion of judgment. That is what you do when you investigate! So if you do not want to say that particular word say, forming a correct opinion judgment! Examiner judgment, interrogative judgment, weighing judgment, literal judgment; do I need to say more. THE FATHER Will search your deeds and THE SON Will execute each ones just reward. Again, I am a presenter; the choice is up to each every person individually!

Blessings!

GOD - who knows our thoughts and every action and even the hairs of our heads - does NOT need to investigate (to ponder, consider, weigh, examine, etc).  He already "knows" our hearts - from instant to instant.   The Son of God "knows" everything that His Father "knows".   Jesus knows the heart of every human being.  Jesus said, "I know my sheep."  

John 2:24-25 "But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men,  and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man."   Yes - I can agree that God His Father gave to Christ this insight and ability to "know".  But the ability to read minds, is not the same as being told what His Father had decided about them.  

It's a matter of giving human beings time to decide, and information upon which to base a choice.  It's not God or His Son, who need time (to investigate).  It's humans - who need time to decide. 

Why would you think that God the Father judges and hands down the judgment decree, and then the Son of God just executes the judgment of His Father?   "ALL judgment" - is committed to the Son."

For each individual name,  Christ either enters that name, or blots out that name, or never enters that name - into His Book of Life. In so doing, Christ IS declaring His judgment concerning that individual human being.   God the Father does not enter the name, or blot out the name.  Christ does.  

The Father has already decreed the punishment - to be executed upon all whose names are not found in Christ's Book.  The wages of sin is death.  

8thdaypriest

2 hours ago, hch said:

The Investigative Judgment is portrayed in the Sanctuary service in the Old Testament.

The sins are transferred to the sacrifice whose blood is poured under the alter.

There the record of the sins remain until the Day of Atonement when the Sanctuary is cleansed.

I can agree - Jesus bore our sins. 

For how long will Jesus bare those sins?  

If the sins remain on the sacrifice UNTIL the Day of Atonement, then where do the sins go?  

NOTE:  Blood was NOT sprinkled before the veil in the Tabernacle daily, or whenever a new sacrifice was offered.  Blood was poured out at the base of the Alter of Sacrifice.  Blood was sprinkled before the veil in the Tabernacle only when "the anointed priest" sinned unintentionally, or when "the whole congregation of Israel sined unintentionally" (Lev 4:13).  

On the Day of Atonement, some of the blood from the sin offering for the priest, and the blood from the Lord's goat (which carried the confessed sins of Israel) were sprinkled (with the HP's finger) "on the east side of the mercy seat and before the mercy seat" (Lev 16:14).   Here - I believe - we see Christ still carrying the sins of Israel on this judgment day, presenting His blood before the Father's throne and the Heavenly court. 

The sins were initially transferred from sinner to Christ.  Are they transferred again, from Christ to someone else?

Are they not transferred to the head of the scapegoat - to Satan (found to be ultimately responsible for all sin)? 

See - I believe THIS is what "the judgment" is about, finding Satan ultimately guilty, and his charges against God, baseless.   

At the conclusion of the judgment of Daniel 7, the dominion is taken from Satan.  Satan looses - in court.  His usurpation of the dominion (of earth) is declared illegal by the Heavenly court (because he used deception to take it, manipulation and force to hang on to it, and he murdered the Son of God trying to keep it) .  

When the Sanctuary is cleansed, Heaven is cleansed - of the charges made by Satan.   The sins - which Christ has carried for sooooo long, are transferred to Satan (on that DAY) and Christ is finally declared to the rightful King of earth. 

Once Christ is declared the rightful OWNER/RULER of earth, He then gets to decide who will share His kingdom.  Their names are in HIS Book - "the Lamb's Book of Life".   He wrote those names in His Book.  He blotted out some of the names.  

Christ then does some dramatic cleansing of His dominion - like Noah's flood and Sodom, but even MORE extensive. 

In the TYPE:  On the Day of Atonement - ON THAT SAME DAY,  the Scapegoat was banished to the "uninhabited place".  

Satan was obviously NOT banished to the "uninhabited place" on October 22nd, 1844.   Nope.  He is still tempting and trying us.   There was also no 8 day Feast of Tabernacles starting on October 27, 1844.   Nope - 1844 just does not FIT the types. 

8thdaypriest

3 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

This is true, but it is WE who need to "investigate:"

"to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." (Romans 3:26)

A "justified" soul walks in the Light, and they do get to go through the books with God/Jesus to see what God did and why. I am excited about this phase of the judgment! 

There is a study on Prophecy Viewpoint, about the final review of the records.  I do believe the redeemed will view those records, and give their assent to the final destruction of the unredeemed.  

Here's the link to that study.  http://prophecyviewpoint.com/htdocs/27-Final Judgment,Lake of Fire.htm

8thdaypriest

3 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

The PreAdvent/Investigative judgment is NOT one of condemnation; it is one of "justification" where we will see all the evidence and Jesus will then, even to the wicked, be seen as not only our Justifier, but also as "Just." To everyone.

How could "we" see all the evidence, during the pre-advent judgment?  We won't be in Heaven at that time.  We could see that evidence later - after we are rescued to Heaven to be with Christ. 

8thdaypriest

I believe those resurrected by Christ, immediately after His own resurrection - who accompanied Him on His return to Heaven after 40 days - I believe they were needed as "witnesses" to review the evidence and give their assent to the execution of "the Beast and the False Prophet" in the Lake of Fire, AT the Second Coming. 

Revelation 19:20 "Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone." (NKJ)

The Beast (of Revelation 13) is NOT just one man.  The False Prophet is NOT just one man.   The Beast is made up of rulers and kingdoms - worldwide - who will fight against God's people in the last days. The False Prophet will direct a system to deceive the world into worship of the Beast in the last days.  

Once thrown into the Lake of Fire, I do NOT BELIEVE they will be fetched out again, to be judged again, and executed again.   That execution is a done deal.  For that execution, God needs witnesses - human witnesses. 

Satan himself is NOT thrown into the Lake of Fire at the Second Coming.  He is banished to "the uninhabited place" (without form and void).

8thdaypriest

I can agree - Jesus bore our sins. 

For how long will Jesus bare those sins?   

It is good to find common ground on which to agree. 

Can we agree on the following?

The Sanctuary service uses what might be described as symbolism having multiple meanings.

Examples of Jesus being symbolized by more than one symbol:

The High Priest symbolizes Jesus.

The sacrificial victim symbolizes Jesus. (As does the blood of the sacrifice.)

The Shekinah Glory symbolizes the Father (God's presence).

BUT Jesus said, "I and My Father are one" (John 10:30).

And "he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9).

Isaiah prophesied of Jesus, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given... and His name shall be called...

The mighty God, The everlasting Father..." Isaiah 9:6).

Thus in a sense, the Shekinah Glory also symbolizes Jesus.

"[God] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son...Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person" (Hebrews 1:2-3)

The light that emanated from the 7 lamps symbolized Jesus, "the Light of the world"

as does the fire that consumed the sacrifice on the altar and that consumed the incense 

"For our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29). 

"Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts...under His glory He shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire" (Isaiah 10:16).

The showbread symbolized Jesus,

"And when He had given thanks, He brake it [the bread], and said, Take, eat: this is My body,

which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me" (1 Corinthians 11:24).

Jesus is seen as being depicted by many symbols in the Sanctuary Service.

And some of those symbols can also depict other things.

As the Shekinah Glory depicts God the Father (and Jesus).

The blood can depict Jesus and it can depict sin and even the sinner.

When the sinner places his hands on the sacrifice and confesses his sins,

the blood (that contains the life of the being...the life is in the blood) 

becomes a symbol of the Savior and a symbol of sin.

"For He [God] hath made Him [Jesus] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21). 

When the blood id poured out under the altar, it is not depicting Jesus but sin

Thus the blood also is a witness that the sinner accepted Jesus to make Atonement for confessed sin

Getting too long. I'll stop and let others kick this about for a while.

His child Henry 

23 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Not to be disrespectful, but the teaching of the SDA Church is not going to save us.  Not the teaching of any church, but the truth according to the Bible.

I think Pastor Matthews is aware of that.  I find it considerate that he would advise people that this site is not only for card-carrying traditional SDA's.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, 8thdaypriest said:

The sins were initially transferred from sinner to Christ.  Are they transferred again, from Christ to someone else?

Are they not transferred to the head of the scapegoat - to Satan (found to be ultimately responsible for all sin)? 

By one man (Adam) all have sinned.

By One Man (Jesus) all can live as though they had never sinned.

It is written that Christ became sin. When Christ died, did sin continue to live?

NO! When Christ died, sin died.

If sin died when Christ died, was sin transferred to the scape goat, Satan?

NO. It was the penalty for the forgiven sin that Satan had instigated that is transferred to the scapegoat!

Though sin (symbolically) died when Jesus died,

sin that Christ made atonement for continues to tempt us.

At the appointed time sin will no longer live in God's children.

At that time Christ will declare that he that is righteous will be righteous still

and that he that is filthy will be filthy still.

When Jesus makes that pronouncement, He leaves the Sanctuary.

There is no more Atonement for sin that are committed after Jesus leaves the Sanctuary.

The righteous saints will be sealed by the Holy Spirit and they will not sin in thought or deed

until Jesus appears in glory to rapture them into His presence.

That is a glimpse into the atonement process from the Sanctuary

that tells a lot about the Investigative judgment.

His child Henry 

• Members
On 6/1/2018 at 12:17 AM, hch said:

Is it necessary to have a word in the Bible to make a teaching true?

but it expresses our understanding of a teaching that is rock solid.

I'm in agreement hch!!

Do we accept that Satan counterfeits pretty much everything that God does? If that's not the case, than why do we have a unholy trinity in Revelation 13?? The dragon, the sea beast and the land beast?? Just throwing that out there!!!

• Like 2

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

10 hours ago, phkrause said:

iI'm in agreement hch!!

Do we accept that Satan counterfeits pretty much everything that God does? If that's not the case, than why do we have a unholy trinity in Revelation 13?? The dragon, the sea beast and the land beast?? Just throwing that out there!!!

In your comment, you have identified the problem with the Investigative Judgment Doctrine.

The counterfeit is so popular that the true Doctrine is eclipsed.

Error has supplanted Truth in the minds of the majority.

His child Henry 

15 hours ago, hch said:

If sin died when Christ died, was sin transferred to the scape goat, Satan?

NO. It was the penalty for the forgiven sin that Satan had instigated that is transferred to the scapegoat!

Leviticus 16:20 "And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. 21 "Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. 22 "The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness."

In my opinion, the text does not read like it was "the penalty" that was transferred to the scapegoat.   The sins, transgressions, iniquities - were put on the head of the Scapegoat.  No penalties were stated or called out, or put on the head of that goat. 

8thdaypriest

I have been contemplating and seeking a better way to explain Paul's phrase "not under the Law".   I believe it is connected with the judgment.  At the judgment, those who reject Christ as their protector, Lamb offering, mediator - are left standing "under the Law" without the protection of Christ's blood (grace).   

The Law was not nailed to the Cross - as if to say the Law was done away with.  Rather,  Christ won the right to stand between those who believe in Him, and the full force of the Law against their sins - at the judgment.  

That being said, I do see one "change of the Law" - the priesthood was changed from that of Levi/Aaron back to the priesthood of the firstborn.   Christ is "the firstborn over all creation", and we (redeemed Israel) are Christ's firstborn (therefore "priests of God and of Christ"). 

• Like 2

8thdaypriest

Leviticus 16:20 "And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. 21 "Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. 22 "The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness."

In my opinion, the text does not read like it was "the penalty" that was transferred to the scapegoat.   The sins, transgressions, iniquities - were put on the head of the Scapegoat.  No penalties were stated or called out, or put on the head of that goat. 

I definitely see where you are coming from. And I agree (mostly)...

How did the sins get transferred to the sacrificial animal?

"And if he (the sinner) bring a lamb for a sin offering, he shall bring it a female without blemish.
And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay it for a sin offering in the place where they kill the burnt offering (Lev 4:32-33).

You may recall that I noted that various symbols in the sanctuary service could have more than one meaning.

John 3:16 says that's God gave Jesus for the world. But not everyone in the world will receive Him.

Likewise "The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities

When Jesus became sin, He died and His death destroyed sin.

But sin still exists. The substance has not fully met reality.

The sanctuary services teach that the sins committed to the blood of Christ are forgiven in the case of the repentant sinner.

But the remembrance of those sins has to be dealt with:

The sinner is destroyed attached to unconfessed sins or the one who substitutes for the repentant sinner dies attached to the sins that the sinner has confessed.

Christ died to atone for forgiven sins. But what happens to the forgiven sins?

The substitute, Scapegoat, will receive them before he dies

as surely as the sinner attached to his unforgiven sins will die.

Thus when Christ leaves Heaven's Sanctuary,

the sins that have been confessed are placed on Satan to bear until he is destroyed.

That is part of Satan's punishment as the instigator of sin.

The scapegoat does not make atonement for sin, the scapegoat bears the sins of the repentant saints.

Though Christ became sin and died, the sins and the remembrance of them must be destroyed.

"They that swear by the sin...shall fall, and never rise up again" (Amos 8:14).

"And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin" (Hebrews 10:17-18)

The remembrance of sin forgiven (on the sinner's behalf) is transferred to the Scapegoat to bear until he is consumed.

At which time the remembrance of sin is consumed.

His child Henry 

The sanctuary Service included the sacrifice in the court yard. The ministration in the holy place. And the ministration in the Most Holy Place.

None of the aspects of the Sanctuary Service was complete in and of itself.

Christ died in the courtyard. That was the Sacrifice.

Personally accepting Christ's sacrifice on our behalf was the oblation (receiving the Light of the word and the Bread of life) The Holy Place activity.

To focus on the cross (courtyard sacrifice) to the neglect of allowing Christ to indwell us (Holy place Activity) is not sufficient.

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate" (Daniel 9:27)  

To believe in Christ without accepting Him as our personal Savior is to do away with the sacrifice and the oblation 

The devils believe and tremble. There is a form of godliness that denies the power thereof.

When Christ's sacrifice is accepted and Christ indwells us

The union is approved of God in the Most Holy Place and the final sealing of the Holy Spirit can be manifested in us.

That is only a partial view, but worthy of seeing.

His child Henry 

8 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

"Personal Saviour" is the feel-good doctrine of the popular churches. One cannot have a personal Saviour without Him also being a personal Lord. Both Lord and Saviour, or its all for nothing:

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (2 Pet 1:10-11)

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18. 

When He is both Lord and saviour; the church will grow daily.

Looks like we are on the same page. 

A profession of belief without the indwelling of Christ is taking the LORD's name in vain.

His child Henry