ClubAdventist is back!

Satan's Unholy Trinity

B/W Photodude

New light is something that fascinates me, but sometimes new light is something that has been available to most that looked for it sometimes as long as over 100 years! However, something in this weeks Sabbath School lesson blew me away! I got tasked with the job of teaching Sabbath School this quarter and as a result have looked at the lessons much more intently than usual. And of course, Norman Gulley was someone I had been wanting to read ever since he put out the last of his four volume series on "Systematic Theology", but with a $200 price tag, I will be waiting for the used ones on Amazon for awhile!

To the point:

Thursday's lesson on "Satan's Unholy Trinity" as I have called it

We have been arguing about the Trinity for sometime here on Adventistan. But then to find a Trinity counterfeit just seems to be another supporting bit of evidence for a Trinity. (Imagine that, Satan proving something from the Bible!) Since I am SDA and this is an SDA discussion group, I will go by my prior known understandings of Daniel/Revelation.

The counterfeit Father:
The dragon of Rev 12:17 & 13:1,2 is the counterfeit of the Father.
The dragon is in control.
The dragon gives power and authority and a throne to the sea beast (counterfeit Christ).

The counterfeit Christ (Rev 13:2-5):
In addition to the sea beast receiving power from the dragon, like Jesus said He received power from His Father ...
The sea beast also faced a death (1798) and resurrection(1929).
The sea beast also had a forty-two month ministry, or a three-and-half years– a prophetic counterfeit of Christ's literal three-and-half year ministry.

The counterfeit Holy Spirit (Rev 13:11-17):
The land beast promotes the interests of the sea beast, just as the Holy Spirit promote Jesus and NOT Himself!
The land beast performs a counterfeit of Pentecost!

This was quite the sobering view of Revelation 12 & 13.

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism