ClubAdventist is back!

The LGBTQ Movement and Christianity

phkrause

• Members

The LGBTQ Movement and Christianity (Its Threat and Our Response): Part 1

The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) movement represents a clear and present danger to the culture, to the Church, and to eternal salvation of millions because of its active rebellion against God’s design of gender, marriage, family, and purpose of sexual relations.

https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/the-lgbtq-movement-and-christianity-its-threat-and-our-response-part-1.html

Came across this article today, am interested in any thoughts? There was/is a member who was involved and also said that this would be the biggest threat to Christianity!! From what I'm reading he's pretty close to being right on!! There will be 3 more parts to this. I will post as they become available.

• Sad 1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

As I see it, the most annoying issue with any group, be it conservatives, liberals, LGBTQ, religious denominations, unions, etc., is when any of them get in your face, and act as if they have the moral high ground over any other group — as if they and they alone are the chosen arbiters of anyone else's ethics or morals.

It's not homosexuality itself that is a "threat" to Christianity — it's the ones on both sides of the aisle who seem to have a need to throw their personal beliefs in everyone's face...  

Lord, spare me from those who seem to get the vapors whenever their cherished pet thoughts and actions aren't seen and agreed upon by all. 

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

The article never actually condemns being a homosexual but one could find reason to belive it is by not saying such is an actual state of being. It goes to great length to condemn the 'lifestyle', what ever that may means. I would presume they are speaking to sexual activity. 

A threat to Christianity, hyperbole! The greatest threat is out attitudes, dealings and inermost feelings towards others.Why does 'christianity' think or feel anything, individual or idea is a threat? Threat against God? Really? Is christian beliefs so weak that that they should feel threatened by anyones sin or percieved sin? In my opinion, my belief in God eliminates any feeling of 'threats'!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what else the author feels is a 'threat'. 

Threat-1 a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done

2 a person or thing likely to cause damage or danger

Thesaurus-  warning, ultimatum. danger, peril, hazard, menace, risk.

If we use the above definitions perhaps 'they' are concerned that christianity will no longer hold the exclusive 'rights' to determine what is moral or not. Certainly they couldn't be thinking that the marriage institution is threatened, heterosexuals have done enough harm to that down through the centuries. Are 'they' worried that homosexuals are going to take over 'something'? The article makes several accusations of what the homosexual community is attempting, no documentation though. We can all find anecdotal 'evidense' to support out wildest fears or beliefs. Dosen't make it true though. I have a 'lesbian' aunt, granddaughter and up to this part have little interest in depriving me of anything. I know many persons of such persuation and have yet to hear any of them trying to make life for any 'christian' difficult or bring about their demise. Of couse they would say that is what they feel christianity is attempting to do to them. 

• Like 2