ClubAdventist is back!

When will Iran attack our (US) fleet?

hch

24 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Sometimes, modern day prophecy watchers delve so deeply that they see things that aren't really there.

Reminds me of Rorschach tests! (What do you see when you look at the inkblots?!)

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

4 hours ago, hch said:

Now I will have to look to see what was happening behind the scenes. (if that was the right event to begin the 1335 days)

I can hardly wait to hear!

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The illusion below relates to B/W's comment above:

Church health studies: An optical-illusion visual reminder about the dangers of making snap decisions on what we think we are seeing

Do you see a young woman or an old lady?

pretty girl or ugly
hag?
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Exactly what expected from you.

Well, I await your next false prediction.  It will surely come.  That is as certain as it is that the sun will set today.

Gregory, 

It is obvious that you will never be wrong about me or anything. If you will wait until you see the indisputable undeniable evidence, you cannot be wrong.

That is what they did in Noah's Day. When it started raining, they knew that it would rain...not a doubt remained. The only problem is that those who waited to be 100% sure before they did anything got themselves into a situation: It was too late to do anything.

Some mistakes in life are a learning experience. Other mistakes will be fatal. 

I recommend going forward by faith after studying the word (Bible) and do not be afraid to be wrong. If you (or me) do not know everything up front do not sit idly by to wait and see!

That was an interesting aspect of John the Baptist's life that I studied in the Desire of Ages recently. He went with what he knew and there were some things that he didn't grasp fully, but he did not let that stop him from moving forward.  Remember that after John preached that Jesus was the Lamb of God, John was jailed, and he sent his followers to ask Jesus if He was the Messiah. That paradox is worthy of study.

My goal is to wake up some of the saints in time to get them to study, while there is time to get the oil in our lamps.  It will be too late when Christ Comes to do the work that we should have done beforehand. 

In the limited time that remains, I intend to study, pray, share, encourage, and go forward. You, sir, may use your time to uplift, encourage, or to trample down and discourage as your spirit desires. Everything that can be shaken will be shaken and when the shaking is done only that which is soundly established in Jesus will remain. 

Christian regards,

PS 5 March 2019 was a blessing to me in every way. And on 6 March 2019, I awoke refreshed, full of vitality, and assured that the Love of God is TRUE. Beginning the rest of my life with a peace that passes understanding. Shalom

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

22 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Sometimes, modern day prophecy watchers delve so deeply that they see things that aren't really there.

JoeMo, it is easier to look at a prophecy fulfilled 500 years ago and know what it meant than to see one that is to be fulfilled tomorrow with such clarity.

His child Henry 

16 hours ago, JoeMo said:

The illusion below relates to B/W's comment above:

Church health studies: An optical-illusion visual reminder about the dangers of making snap decisions on what we think we are seeing

Do you see a young woman or an old lady?

pretty girl or ugly
hag?

So sad. Though I  have seen this pic so many times. Today, I saw that beauty. Then she transformed in a moment. Focus as I might the older woman takes the stage.

His child Henry 

2 hours ago, hch said:

Photodude,

If you find it before me, don't keep me in suspense.

I am not looking. I do not believe there are any more time prophecies in the Bible that can be known by man. I would also suggest that continuing to intensively search for any obscure prophecies to identify insignificant events happening today to be a serious waste of time that one could use for others and even for their very own self-examination to see if they are ready for the return of Jesus.

The fact that you have been wrong should be a clue that your efforts are fruitless and are of no help to anyone. I also suspicion that "the dark side" grins. ("Excuse us while we grin! Mr. Blue.")

Bill Liversidge Seminars

4 hours ago, hch said:

JoeMo, it is easier to look at a prophecy fulfilled 500 years ago and know what it meant than to see one that is to be fulfilled tomorrow with such clarity.

What prophecy was fulfilled 500 years ago? I still maintain that prophecy has had its applications in the past; but obviously they haven't been fulfilled yet.  We're still here; and Jesus is not.  Almost all eschatological prophecy culminates in Jesus being returning to this earth in power and glory to destroy the works of the evil one and be crowned the eternal King of the universe.  THAT, my friend is a future prophecy that we can by sure of.

Concerning the optical illusion above, I can see both images; just like I can see several potential scenarios for the end times.  If we focus on just one image, we may lose sight of the possibility of the other.

Believe that all time prophecy has been fulfilled? (Some say that)

Don't need to know? (Some give the impression?)

Understanding the Bible optional?  Jesus' disciples did not understand everything when He was here teaching them.

The duty of studying the Scriptures is not left as an optional matter, on which little depends. The Lord positively enjoins upon every believer the study of his word, that he may have an intelligent faith, built upon the knowledge of the word of truth. He must dig for truth as one who digs for hidden treasure. He must search the Scriptures, comparing scripture with scripture, and thus fitting himself to become a laborer with God in a more extended work. Each one must have faith for himself, for individually we are to work out our "own salvation with fear and trembling," knowing that it is God who worketh in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure.  {MM, May 1, 1892 par. 7}  

Christ had made every effort to keep His disciples informed in regard to the truth. He had given them every opportunity to know the truth. He had invited them to put their confidence in Him as the Messiah, and in His mission and work, but they had not yet a proper understanding of the nature of His kingdom. They were thrilled with distress as they listened to His lamentation over Jerusalem; but they did not realize the true meaning of His words. Had Christ opened the future to them as He saw it, they would have been unable to endure the scene. To the last, they looked for a temporal kingdom, to be established at Jerusalem. Christ's revelation of the scenes to take place at the destruction of Jerusalem, they associated with His personal coming, when He Himself would punish the Jews, but would also free them from Roman bondage. He had told them definitely that e would come a second time, and they thought that probably his judgments would fall upon those who had rejected his love. He would then, they thought, lay low every stone in the temple; for they believed that no earthly power could do this.  {RH, December 27, 1898 par. 4}  

His child Henry 

While you were watching 4 March 2019, did you see this?

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2019/03/04/pope-francis-latin-america-needs-a-new-catholic-presence-in-politics/

Do you see the contrasting  parallels?

General conference in session dictating who cannot be ordained to serve God (limiting God's work on earth) and 1335 days later: The pope telling his followers how to gain political influence (to extend Catholic influence in Latin America).

The image beast is forming and political movements are hindering the work of God.

His child Henry 

• Moderators

So, you consider the following to be scarey?

Pope Francis clarified that there is no “single form of political commitment for Catholics,” no “Catholic party,” and stated that “the same Christian faith can lead to different commitments.”

Gregory

6 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

So, you consider the following to be scarey?

No; I don't.  Catholics and the Pope don't scare me much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JoeMo said:

No; I don't.  Catholics and the Pope don't scare me much.

Much? Lots of good people are Catholics, that is why God calls them to "Come out of her My people." 

But as I continue to study, it is evident:

1) the call to come out of Babylon is linked to her fornication. (Daniel and Revelation explain themselves by their fulfillment.)

2) The pope has said  that there is no alternative to the marriage covenant

3) While the pope declares "No alternative", the priests' actions (fornication scandal) contrasts lip service to reality

4) Protestant America has made the law of the land align with the priests fornication preference not the pope's dogma

5) To understand the formation of the image beast study the beast

6) The beast currently has 2 lamblike horns (kings)... Benedict Emeritus and Francis

7) The image beast does not yet have a retired (prematurely removed from office President) and a sitting President

8. The pope's call for Catholics to get involved in politics in Latin America is a call to reshape their governments

a) Will result in the promulgation of papal teachings

b) Or it will result in the promulgation of the priests' practices

9) As it was in the days of Lot, that is how it will be when Jesus returns

10) The whole world wonders after the beast

The last events will be rapid ones. The endless talking a subject to death without learning anything will end.

His child Henry 

• Moderators

HCH, your imagination has neither limits nor boundaries.  You are clearly gifted beyond the abilities of the common person.

• Like 2

Gregory

26 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

HCH, your imagination has neither limits nor boundaries.  You are clearly gifted beyond the abilities of the common person.

For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.  Matthew 13:12

His child Henry 

It is not enough to have good intentions; it is not enough to do what a man thinks is right or what the minister tells him is right. His soul's salvation is at stake, and he should search the Scriptures for himself. However strong may be his convictions, however confident he may be that the minister knows what is truth, this is not his foundation. He has a chart pointing out every waymark on the heavenward journey, and he ought not to guess at anything.  {GC 598.1} 

6 hours ago, APL said:

It is not enough to have good intentions; it is not enough to do what a man thinks is right or what the minister tells him is right. His soul's salvation is at stake, and he should search the Scriptures for himself. However strong may be his convictions, however confident he may be that the minister knows what is truth, this is not his foundation. He has a chart pointing out every waymark on the heavenward journey, and he ought not to guess at anything.  {GC 598.1} 

There may be a fine line between understanding prophecy and guessing. 

Are you reading into that counsel that we should not attempt to understand prophecy as it is fulfilling? Do you think that EGW was saying not to study the various options that are encountered as prophecy is fast fulfilling?

Are we to wait until the fulfillment of the prophecies of the end before we say anything concerning them? Of what value will our words be then? Shall we wait until God's judgments fall upon the transgressor before we tell him how to avoid them? Where is our faith in the word of God? Must we see things foretold come to pass before we will believe what He has said? In clear, distinct rays light has come to us, showing us that the great day of the Lord is near at hand, "even at the doors." Let us read and understand before it is too late.  {9T 20.1}

Were the Adventist in 1843 & 1844 guessing when they declared that Jesus was coming on those dates? 

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 1 Corinthians 13:9-10

Will God deal with us differently that he dealt with the prophets? 

Yet while it was not given to the prophets to understand fully the things revealed to them, they earnestly sought to obtain all the light which God had been pleased to make manifest. They "inquired and searched diligently," "searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify." What a lesson to the people of God in the Christian age, for whose benefit these prophecies were given to His servants! "Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister." Witness those holy men of God as they "inquired and searched diligently" concerning revelations given them for generations that were yet unborn. Contrast their holy zeal with the listless unconcern with which the favored ones of later ages treat this gift of Heaven. What a rebuke to the ease-loving, world-loving indifference which is content to declare that the prophecies cannot be understood!  {GC 344.3} 

His child Henry 

20 minutes ago, hch said:

Are you reading into that counsel that we should not attempt to understand prophecy as it is fulfilling?

You are guessing.

16 minutes ago, APL said:

You are guessing.

I say what I know at the time I know it to the best of my knowledge.

A few people will put President Pence in office.

Michael will stand for his people.

The war with Iran will pit Michael Pence (King of the north) against Iran (king of the south)

This little time of trouble will morph into the Time of Jacob's Trouble

President Pence will implement the Mark of the Beast

Michael (Christ) will stand for His people...Christ will come

His child Henry 

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 12:26 PM, The Wanderer said:

last time I checked my map, the US was WEST of Iran

Babylon is east of Israel, but it was the King of the North way back then. Understanding, Bible prophecy is difficult when it is not understood as the Bible was intended to be understood by its Author.

His child Henry 

On 3/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, APL said:

guessing...

So when Iran (ships from Chittim, i.e., King of the South ) attack the US fleet (King of the North) in the Persian Gulf and people start dying (as I have been warning since 2011) you will assume that it was a great guess?

Or When President Pence takes office in conjunction with this naval engagement, will that still be a great guess?

It is written that MY people perish for lack of knowledge. And so it happens...

His child Henry