ClubAdventist is back!

When will Iran attack our (US) fleet?

hch

• Moderators

No we will not give you the credit that you would earn by making a great guess.

You have been wrong so often that you would not deserve being thought to have  made a "great guess."  Under the rules of "probability" you will sooner or later be correct in what you say.  But, that will just be "probability" demonstrating the way it works.  It will not have anything to do with you.

In addition, it will not demonstrate that you understanding of the Biblical teaching is correct.  You will continue to be wrong as to what the Bible actually teaches.  You will likely continue to demonstrate that in the future.

• Like 1

Gregory

3 hours ago, hch said:

It is written that MY people perish for lack of knowledge.

It is also written that many will perish because they chose to believe a lie rather than the truth.  In other words, they deceive themselves ....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeMo said:

It is also written that many will perish because they chose to believe a lie rather than the truth.  In other words, they deceive themselves ....

It causes me great concern that I have been faithfully giving the warning for almost 10 years and it is about to overtake the naysayers as an overwhelming surprise.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-says-trump-playing-very-dangerous-game-and-risking-devastating-war/ar-AABlJOf?ocid=spartanntp

The first tweet that I remember on the #IanUSWar :

USA and Iran are going 2 go 2 war sooner than later, but it will be an overwhelming surprise to most folks when Iran pushes our wrong button

It has been 8 years and I'm still warning everyone who will hear... that it is coming and then thing will get really bad

Da 11:30  For the ships of Chittim [Iran] shall come against him] US King of North] : therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he[Pence] shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Moderators

Warning for almost 10 years:   As I have stated:  Probability suggests that sooner or later what you have predicted will happen.  Probability does not prove you to be correct.

• Like 2

Gregory

6 hours ago, hch said:

It causes me great concern that I have been faithfully giving the warning for almost 10 years and it is about to overtake the naysayers as an overwhelming surprise.

It concerns us that we have been faithfully showing where you are wrong in your predictions and warnings; and when the end overtakes you it will be an overwhelming surprise.

OTOH, a war with Iran would indeed be devastating. And it is much more likely than Pence "standing up" in the presidency to save the world.

• Like 1

As prophecy nears or meets its final fulfillment, it would be so much better for God's faithful people to unite to declare the warning to the world (that is about to meet its maker) .

But that is not what is seen to be happening.

As the events foretold are coming upon us, rather than to study to see that this is the real deal, too many fault the messenger and reject the very message that is needed to prepare them for the unity of faith that is needed to proclaim the 3rd angel's message with power.

As it was in the days of Noah, the majority waited until it was raining before they had any interest in knowing the truthfulness of the message that they had treated with less attention than it deserved. But when they could not deny or explain away the rain, it was too late to make preparation to enter the ark. They had squandered their opportunity and too late realized that they could not undo their rejection of heaven's final warning.

Must History be repeated? No! A thousand times no! But history is being repeated by those who have set their stakes fast and refuse move them as the storm clouds are clearly gathering.  The storm is coming and the voice of warning is soon to cease. The final answer will be the final answer when it really matters.

His child Henry 

4 hours ago, hch said:

As prophecy nears or meets its final fulfillment, it would be so much better for God's faithful people to unite to declare the warning to the world (that is about to meet its maker) .

Not really convinced that Iran attacking US warships is really the warning we are to be giving. Don't be so wrapped up in the military skirmish that really is a minor event in the world today. There are far greater issues and concerns that people are missing. One pastor said not to look at the world for the nearness pf the coming of Jesus, but look at the church. The prophecies regarding the state of the church before the end are far more important to be watching than the world events, but even then not necessarily to preach it.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

We fault the messenger in this thread because that messenger has demonstrated that he is worthy of fault.

Gregory

15 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

We fault the messenger in this thread because that messenger has demonstrated that he is worthy of fault.

You testify as to your rational for your fault finding. If you have honestly heard and been a faithful Christian, it will go well with you. But if you have misjudged the matter and your position influences others to do the same, it will not be well with your soul.

His child Henry 

1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

Not really convinced that Iran attacking US warships is really the warning we are to be giving. Don't be so wrapped up in the military skirmish that really is a minor event in the world today. There are far greater issues and concerns that people are missing. One pastor said not to look at the world for the nearness pf the coming of Jesus, but look at the church. The prophecies regarding the state of the church before the end are far more important to be watching than the world events, but even then not necessarily to preach it.

It is up to the Holy Spirit to convince all of righteousness and truth. 

The only thing that I can do is to share what I have learned from Bible study. Yes, I found President Bush II in Bible study and thought it stopped with him. Yes, I found Benedict XVI in Bible study and announced in 2011 that he would not be pope past the spring of 2013. When he left office Daniel (7) and Revelation (13 & 17) clarified themselves very much with more in store. 

President Obama was a challenge because I could only follow Daniel 7 to Bush II. Then Revelation 13 explained Obama. Thus by Faith, I taught that Obama was the last President identified in Bible prophecy. WRONG Trump proved that so clearly.

WRONG, because of limited understanding but not because of presumption. The prophet states the 'by their fulfillment Daniel and Revelation will explain themselves.' When Trump became President, Revelation 13 explained Bush II, Obama, Trump and Pence in conjunction with Daniel 11. Faith is made strong and growth accompanies sound Bible study.

As God has led Adventists to understand 1843 and get it wrong, and to repeat the error in 1844, only to allow them to grow in faith & understanding by giving more light when they needed it: He has worked in the same way with my studies. At the appropriate time knowledge has increased. It is by FAITH that we grow in grace.

Those who rejected the messages in 1843 & 44 stopped going by faith and went by sight. They turned aside from following the Advent message.  'As the Lord has led us in our past history,' He is leading us now! We will either go forward by faith in the sure word of God or we will go astray. 

The 1844 Investigative Judgment message was a message based on faith in the word of God. And that is exactly how the closing work will be done. God is faithful and He leads us the same way He led our forefathers in the faith.

His child Henry 

7 hours ago, hch said:

As the events foretold are coming upon us, rather than to study to see that this is the real deal, too many fault the messenger and reject the very message that is needed to prepare them for the unity of faith that is needed to proclaim the 3rd angel's message with power.

If we went to the world and proclaimed the message as you "see" it, we would immediately be branded as kooks and lose all credibility - not only with the world; but with almost all Christians.

• Moderators

As has happened to the main author in this thread.

He has been wrong so many times that he has lost credibility.  He continues to do so.

Gregory

2 hours ago, hch said:

President Obama was a challenge because I could only follow Daniel 7 to Bush II. Then Revelation 13 explained Obama. Thus by Faith, I taught that Obama was the last President identified in Bible prophecy. WRONG Trump proved that so clearly.

True prophets are usually spot on with their prophecies. You are self-admittedly wrong at times. That qualifies us to disregard any further teachings from your pen, keyboard, etc. However, I am wondering why you feel you have to convince us all here that we should follow you when you are a self-admitted false prophet. This obsession with a relatively minor thing in the greater cosmic scheme of things makes me wonder if you are taking your meds.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On 5/7/2019 at 6:45 AM, hch said:

Babylon is east of Israel, but it was the King of the North way back then.

I happen to agree with hch on this assessment.  Babylon may be east of Israel; but the only safe way into Israel (i.e., without the risks of crossing the Arabian desert)  was from the north.  Read the prophecies of Jeremiah concerning where Babylon would attack from - it was the north.

"The Lord said to me, “From the north disaster will be poured out on all who live in the land.  I am about to summon all the peoples of the northern kingdoms,” declares the Lord.

“Their kings will come and set up their thrones
    in the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem;
they will come against all her surrounding walls
    and against all the towns of Judah." (Jer. 1:14-15)

"“Announce in Judah and proclaim in Jerusalem and say:
    ‘Sound the trumpet throughout the land!’
Cry aloud and say:
    ‘Gather together!
    Let us flee to the fortified cities!’
 Raise the signal to go to Zion!
    Flee for safety without delay!
For I am bringing disaster from the north,
    even terrible destruction.” (Jer. 4:5-6)

"I will summon all the peoples of the north and my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon,” declares the Lord, “and I will bring them against this land and its inhabitants and against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy them and make them an object of horror and scorn, and an everlasting ruin." (Jer. 25:9)

4 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

in todays world, it would be an extremely unlikely scenario for Iran to attack Israel "from the north."

I believe the subject of this thread if when will Iran attack the U.S. fleet?  That fight looks increasingly possible in the near future.  But you are correct - Iran would probably first attack Israel from the air.

Another possible source of attacking Israel is Turkey.  They were the seat of the first Ottoman Empire (the 7th king in Revelation); and could possibly be the center of a resurrected Ottoman Empire (possibly the 8th king).  Turkey is definitely north of Israel.  But I think a war (or at least a major skirmish) between the U.S. (possibly in alliance with Saudi Arabia) and Iran will occur first.

This is not a "prophecy"; it is just my current opinion.

13 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Further, in order for the "prophecy" to happen that is the OP of this topic, and for Israel to have to undergo an attack from "the north," one would have to ascribe to  the idea that "final events" will happen in or to Israel, but there is really weak evidence for that, as scripture seems more inclined to denote same as happening to the entire world. (see Rev 3:10, etc)

Almost the entire Bible is written by Israelites, for Israelites, and about Israel.  The term "world" does not necessarily mean the entire planet.  For example:

"And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed." (Luke 2:1)"

No way he could tax the whole world - just the Roman Empire.

That being said, end-time events will have a catastrophic effect of the entire planet economically and, ecologically, resulting in drastically reducing the planet's population.  But the Middle East will be ground zero.

• Members

I was just thinking the same thing, to invade Israel all countries, being east, had to come around and than down from the north!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

The Bible was written for everyone. Not sure how you could think other wise. How else could we say "thy word is a lamp unto my feet," without lying and claiming falsehood as truth?

The Bible has only been available to "everyone" for maybe 300 out of 4,000 years. and by "everyone", I mean about 50% of the world's population.  In many places in other parts of the world, you can be imprisoned or executed for even owning a Bible.  Furthermore, the person who said "thy word is a lamp unto my feet" was an avid believer; not just some random person.  The Bible only documents the history (past and future) of Israel (ethnic and spiritual) with a few snippets about the surrounding nations.

Sure, the Bible is available to "everyone"; but how many people believe it is the inspired word of God instead of just a great piece of ancient literature?  How many people who read it interpret it correctly?  The Bible only becomes a valid spiritual guide for those who believe it and follow it with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

So yes, anyone who has access to a Bible can read it; but it's wisdom is only perceived by believers.  Praying that the Jews will one day accept the WHOLE Bible.

8 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Almost the entire Bible is written by Israelites, for Israelites, and about Israel.  The term "world" does not necessarily mean the entire planet. 

All of the followers of Jesus are spiritual children of Abraham. The whole world is potentially the spiritual children of Abraham. Therefore the Bible was written for the entire planet!

Bill Liversidge Seminars

22 hours ago, JoeMo said:

That fight looks increasingly possible in the near future.  But you are correct - Iran would probably first attack Israel from the air.

Unless Israel destroys Iran first! The previous regime prohibited Israel from doing so. The current administration will probably allow it if Israel can present a strong enough case for it.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

3 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Therefore the Bible was written for the entire planet!

2 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

The Bible tells us that the gospel is to be preached "to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people."

Okay.  I'll agree that the Bible is for everyone although it is not available to everyone.  However, I still can't help but think the Middle East will be ground zero as far as end-time prophecy is concerned.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, The Wanderer said:

Still, none of the above that I have commented on really talks about Bible prophecy, except in the broadest, most general sense, such as Jesus saying there will be wars & rumors of wars.  Or the text in Daniel which tells us that God "setteteth up kings and removes them." (see Daniel 2

There is a tendency among some Christians to focus on general prophecies and play it safe, while ignoring or downplaying prophetic specifics. It is true that Jesus said that there will be "wars and rumors of war" a generalization that can be cited every  time a war flares up. But that is so general that anybody could have said that and be right.

But God also said through the prophet Isaiah that Cyrus would deliver His people. That specific statement sets God's foreknowledge above the rest of the pack.

Of course Jesus also gave some specific prophecies while he lived on earth, like the fall of Jerusalem. Christians that understood that prophecy lived when people who did not know of the prophecy or who did not heed the warning died. 

But it is sad that so many prefer the vague generalized prophecies and do not bother to study the ones that are more specific that are intended to bless folks like that of Jesus and Jerusalem.

His child Henry 

On 5/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, B/W Photodude said:

Unless Israel destroys Iran first! The previous regime prohibited Israel from doing so. The current administration will probably allow it if Israel can present a strong enough case for it.

Is there a Bible prophecy that foretells this scenario?

His child Henry 

On 5/15/2019 at 3:10 PM, The Wanderer said:

Its nothing to do with "fault-finding". We are trying to do fact checking here. You have stated over and over that "Babylon" was "King of The North", when it isnt and never was. It cant be because its physically EAST of Israel.

The "fault-finding" comment was a direct reply to GM who said that he "found fault" with my posts. And JM did the fact checking on your "fact filled" comment that Babylon was not the King of the North. I thank JM for giving the King of the North Bible text that shows that "over and over" people are claiming to disprove the truth that is not convenient for whatever reason.

It is unsettling when fault finders and fact checkers do not get it right. 

An old adage goes like this. A man heard something. He told everyone in town. When the man learned the truth. He confessed to the local priest, who instructed him to go through the town and place a feather on the doorstep at every home that he had told the story and return to the priest when he was done. When he returned, the priest told him to go back and gather all the feathers and bring them to him. That proved to be an impossible task.

I have tried to find and gather feathers on occasion. And I have felt like I was being tared and feathered at times by folks who just didn't think before they spoke. The hurtful comments were not disputing the facts, but the ones that came across like personal attacks.

His child Henry