ClubAdventist is back!

When will Iran attack our (US) fleet?

hch

On 5/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, hch said:

Is there a Bible prophecy that foretells this scenario?

No more than there is a prophecy foretelling that Iran will attack US warships!

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

HCH:  This section is a special place where we are allowing you to post material that we would not allow elsewhere.  As part of that posting, we have allowed you to make personal comments about other people that we would not have allowed you to make elsewhere.  Yes, we have also allowed personal comments about you to be posted here.

No, we have not given you total freedom and we have not given others total freedom.  But, so far., we have allowed you more freedom, as well as others.  

The bottom line is:  You can not post here, anything that you want to post, without giving others the freedom to respond as they wish to your posts. 

Gregory

On 5/18/2019 at 12:07 PM, The Wanderer said:

you have every reason to be upset when it gets personal. Happy Sabbath my friend. :)

I'm not really upset about those things.

It was time to let a little fresh air in, and to let the Sonlight drive away the self righteous unbelief that is trying to lull the 10 Virgins to sleep

And with Mr. Trump and Iran crying "Peace and safety ("I  don't want a war with Iran" … 'We are not preparing for war, we are just getting ready to defend ourselves in case the US keeps pushing us around.')

Que sera,sera

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

22 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Ahh! Might this be the old straw man argument attempting to undo an inconvenient truth?

His child Henry 

On 5/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, B/W Photodude said:

Unless Israel destroys Iran first! The previous regime prohibited Israel from doing so. The current administration will probably allow it if Israel can present a strong enough case for it.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, hch said:

23 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

1 hour ago, hch said:

Ahh! Might this be the old straw man argument attempting to undo an inconvenient truth?

You are not Al Gore, but you still are a false prophet!

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

The saber rattling continues between Iran and US.

Both of their Presidents say that they do not want war, but their deployment of their naval resources is ominous.

1Th 5:3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

His child Henry 

On 5/18/2019 at 4:07 AM, hch said:

"The word of the Lord came to me:  “Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech[a] and Tubal, and prophesy against him  and say, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.  And I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great host, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords. Persia, {aka Iran} Cush, and Put are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; Gomer and all his hordes; Beth-togarmah from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes—many peoples are with you." (Ezek. 38:1-6)

Read the rest of Ezek. 38 to see what happens to them.  It may not be Israel that destroys Iran; but their future King will.

19 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Read the rest of Ezek. 38 to see what happens to them.  It may not be Israel that destroys Iran; but their future King will.

Why put off until the future what is happening today?

His child Henry 

When I read this passage, I  always wonder about the context???

For the ships of Chittim [Iran] shall come against him [US]: therefore he [Trump?] shall be grieved [his America is the mightiest power on earth ego is severely wounded], and return [from his trip to Japan or wherever? Or his forces to Iran?]], and have indignation against the holy covenant [America's Constitution that forbids US government from making religious laws]: so shall he [Pence] do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant [Ten Commandments]. (Daniel  11:30 with probable endtime meanings supplemented. )

When it happens, I pray that I will understand it better. 

His child Henry 

5 hours ago, hch said:

When it happens, I pray that I will understand it better.

What if it never happens the way you described?  Once again, your interpretation centers around the US.  What if the true interpretation actually centers around the Middle East, like 99% of the rest of scripture?

I don't get how you relate Iran to Chittim.  Iran doesn't even have a coastline.  Chittim refers to the island of Cypress and the Phoenicians.

28 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

What if it never happens the way you described?  Once again, your interpretation centers around the US.  What if the true interpretation actually centers around the Middle East, like 99% of the rest of scripture?

I don't get how you relate Iran to Chittim.  Iran doesn't even have a coastline.  Chittim refers to the island of Cypress and the Phoenicians.

By googling "Does Iran have a coastline?" This came up on my phone:

Eight nations have coasts along the Persian Gulf: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. The gulf's strategic location has made it an ideal place for human development over time. Today, many major cities of the Middle East are located in this region.

Sometimes when we are trying to put the pieces of a puzzle together, it is difficult to know how they fit . Sometimes seeing a picture of the puzzle that is being assembled makes it easier to know where the pieces go.

I once had a collection of hand made wooden jig saw puzzles that my family really enjoyed. While I was at work one day, our kids decided to make several puzzles at once and all the pieces from all the puzzles got mixed together. My wife decided that it would be a hopeless task to try to sort the thousands of pieces in the fifty 2 x 3 foot puzzles and she took it upon herself to put the entire collection in two large trash bags and set it out with the trash. They were gone before I came home from work. She thought that her quick action would solve the problem that the kids ruined my collection. What she didn't know is that my friend had custom cut each puzzle from different panels. Turn the pieces over and everything would have gotten sorted and boxed without any difficulty. (My friend was handicaped and never made another wooden puzzle). 

My wife just didn't know. She thought that her solution would settle a problem (though she actually enjoyed making the puzzles more than I did. She would make a puzzle every few days. And she had some favorites that she made repeatedly.) But she only looked at the side that she was putting together. And it bothered her if pieces that did not go to a puzzle got mixed up with the wrong puzzle.

Chittim is a Greek name. It is linked to Javan. The Greek empire extended to Persia  (Iran). In Bible prophecy, through the years, the identity of the "King of the South" moved from Egypt to Iran as the identity of the "King of the North" has gone from Babylon to the United States of America. Without understanding the prophetic fine points, it is unlikely that anyone would consider linking the island of Chittim to a country like Iran that "doesn't even have a coastline"

His child Henry 

4 hours ago, hch said:

it is unlikely that anyone would consider linking the island of Chittim to a country like Iran that "doesn't even have a coastline"

I should have been more specific about a coastline.  I meant a coastline on the Mediterranean.  Of course Iran has a very strategic coastline on the Persian Gulf.  Thanks for reminding me.

Nonetheless, Chittim (Cypress) was a strategic island to Greeks and Romans because of its location in the Mediterranean.

Thanks for the clarification JoeMo. It makes more sense when I understand you to say "Iran doesn't even have a coastline along the Mediterranean"

As with the identification of the "Kings of the North and South" in that they are not necessarily  North or South of Israel, so is the identity of Chittim. Originally, it was an island in the Mediterranean (as you note), but it became important because of its inhabitants the descendants of Javan/the Greeks. And the Greeks under Alexander the Great extended their kingdom all the way to Persia/Iran.

Chittim is “from an unused name denoting Cyprus: a general term for all islanders of the Mediterranean Sea; the descendants of Javan” (cf Strong). Javan “is universally used by the nations of the East as the generic name of the Greek race” (cf Easton’s Bible Dictionary). Although Chittim has denoted the island of Cyprus, the Greek empire extended to Persia (Iran). The endtime Chittim is most likely an island near Iran. The Iranians are very protective of these islands.

Qeshm Island is located a few kilometers off the southern coast of Iran (Persian Gulf), opposite the port cities of Bandar Abbas and Bandar Khamir. … On 20 January 2012, OSGEOINT established the completion of an underground military facility at Qeshm island which accordingly could house Iran's Ghadir-Nahang class submarines  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qeshm_Island

And president Trump/ the king of the north is escalating tensions with Iran/king of the South at this particular time as prophesied.

His child Henry 

• 2 weeks later...

#PresidentTrump says the US navy can handle Iran. Will History repeat? The Spanish Armada was sunk by British rowboats. In #IranUSwar will a fleet of speedboats (gorilla  navy) overwhelm US aircraft carrier fleet (American Armada)? 

His child Henry 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:13 AM, hch said:

#PresidentTrump says the US navy can handle Iran. Will History repeat? The Spanish Armada was sunk by British rowboats. In #IranUSwar will a fleet of speedboats (gorilla  navy) overwhelm US aircraft carrier fleet (American Armada)? 

Possible; but highly improbable. In an all-out war, the US could turn Iran into a large sheet of scorched glass.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, JoeMo said:

Possible; but highly improbable. In an all-out war, the US could turn Iran into a large sheet of scorched glass.

Da 11:30 " For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant."

I've been reading it to say all-out-attack, but according to Michael Pompeo

Iran is and has been attacking oil tankers in the Persian Gulf several time during the last month. 

It looks like sour grapes: 'We can't sell our oil: They can't sell theirs either

His child Henry 

the move toward the #IranUSwar is escalating:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/newsworld/nuclear-changes-more-troops-heighten-us-iran-tensions/ar-AAD1oLj?ocid=msn360

Iran's alleged attacks on oil tankers in the region (actions by the ships of Chittim are) has led to increased US troops being sent to the area.  

The final movements will be rapid ones.

His child Henry 

9 hours ago, hch said:

The final movements will be rapid ones.

Yes; but the last 7 years (or 3-1/2 years) has not yet started IMHO.

12 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Yes; but the last 7 years (or 3-1/2 years) has not yet started IMHO.

There are many theories about the starting time of the final 7 years.

Like so much Bible prophecy they may not be understood correctly.

His child Henry 

5 hours ago, hch said:

There are many theories about the starting time of the final 7 years.

Like so much Bible prophecy they may not be understood correctly.

I agree.  But no other time in earth's history has been described as the "great tribulation" - not the Holocaust, not the Black Plague, not even the Flood.  At a minimum , the last 1,260 days will be the worst that has ever been or will ever be on earth.  I definitely don't think we're there yet.  That being said, it is possible that an all-out war between the US and Iran (which would certainly spread all over the Middle East at a minimum) could conceivably kick things off. 

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

I agree.  But no other time in earth's history has been described as the "great tribulation" - not the Holocaust, not the Black Plague, not even the Flood.  At a minimum , the last 1,260 days will be the worst that has ever been or will ever be on earth.  I definitely don't think we're there yet.  That being said, it is possible that an all-out war between the US and Iran (which would certainly spread all over the Middle East at a minimum) could conceivably kick things off. 

Perhaps they already started and are about to climax and close while folks are waiting for them to begin?

His child Henry 

On 5/19/2019 at 11:01 AM, B/W Photodude said:

Prophecy is history written before it happens. It looks like Iran has already begun "attacking" American shipping interests.

It is not yet the war that it will become, but the proverbial camel has its nose under the tent.

It is interesting that the prophecy that I read as foretelling #IranUSwar is upon us, while you are so confident (in effect) 'there is no such thing.'

His child Henry 

On 6/19/2019 at 11:00 AM, hch said:

It looks like Iran has already begun "attacking" American shipping interests.

No American ships have yet been attacked; but American military and cyber assets have been.  I respect Trump's restraint in not risking Iranian lives over "stuff".  But how long can that restraint last if Iran keeps up its current bad behavior?  If American lives are lost, the gloves just may come off.

It kinda blows me away that the countries whose tankers were destroyed  have yet to make a peep about the attacks.