ClubAdventist is back!

When will Iran attack our (US) fleet?

hch

It is sad that the Jews would not bother to look at the facts and attempt to understand them when they were presented early on. After they reject what they did not completely understand; when it becomes more clear, (they still would not look at the evidence honestly) They used convoluted reasoning to protect their established notions.

The Jews did this at Christ's First Advent. We would do well to be mindful of their error and to beware that we do not repeat that error as Christ's Second Advent nears.

Pause. Pray. and study to show ourselves workers that need not to be ashamed...rightly dividing the word of truth. 

NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE 10 VIRGINS TO SEEK THE OIL AND TO TRIM THEIR LAMPS. 

Those who become confused in their understanding of the Word, who fail to see the meaning of antichrist, will surely place themselves on the side of antichrist. There is no time now for us to assimilate with the world. Daniel is standing in his lot and in his place. The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves.  {7BC 949.6}  

My reading of Michael in Daniel 12:1 makes the meaning of this quotation more significant TODAY!

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

30 minutes ago, hch said:

Were the Adventists waiting for Christ completely right in 1844? Nope

I am in good company. I have the opportunity to study and learn while others trample pearls into the ground

The adventists learned and did not make the same mistake again, yet not all. 

23 minutes ago, APL said:

The adventists learned and did not make the same mistake again, yet not all. 

The mistake of 1843 was repeated again in 1844. But when those awaiting Christ's Advent got it right in 1844 (about the Investigative Judgment beginning in Heaven), it could not be proved. EGW confirmed it by saying that she had seen the commencement of the IJ in Heaven in vision.

By faith the early Adventists believed the Scripture and accepted the visions that confirmed their faith. But the skeptics did not believe that the IJ started in Heaven and they refused to believe the visions. Thus truth and error collided as the wheat and tares grew together.  The faithful grew in faith and the skeptics grew in their doubting.

We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history.  {LS 196.2}

We should be afraid that SDA's are being taught that God is not leading us with Bible prophecy. Time prophecy led us in 1843 & 44, and it is leading us in 2019. forgetting how God has led us with fallibility in the past is evidence that our prophetic understanding is to be fallible in the future. God did not lead the 1843 or 44 Advent Movement with Infalibility and He is not leading us that way today. As they studied and grew in faith, we are to do likewise. As professed believers rejected the light that came from the throne of Heaven then, they will do the same thing today.

Christ's Advent is in our immediate future. We should know that it is not time for our young people to choose to have a military career. Should they be in the armed forces when the Mark of the Beast is enforced? Should we have massive retirement accounts when money is about to be eliminated? Should we build bigger houses when the gospel is wanting to be heard by starving humanity? MY PEOPLE ARE DESTROYED FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE! 

His child Henry 

58 minutes ago, APL said:

... yet not all.

Those people who are afraid to make a mistake are in danger according to Revelation  21:8   "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

God invites us to reason together. We wonder about the future and He knows the future. Thus we can know about the future according to the revelation that He has placed in His word. 

I read something like this: It is a sin to not know what God has revealed if we have the opportunity to know. And we will be evaluated as if we knew what we had the opportunity to know.

His child Henry 

The presumption is that God has revealed something specific about Bush, Trump, Pence. You are basically appealing to the fear factor. 

God has told us what the final message of mercy is, that is illumination in its power.  And it is not Pence.  But Henry, you never speak about the final messsage to be given. 

• Members
9 hours ago, hch said:

Ellen White is completely right! And since she and I agree completely, you are making a false contrast.

Its not a false contrast!! She didn't try to add other factors into the equation, like Trump, Pence, etc.!! Lets say Trump doesn't make it to his 4 years and Pence takes over!! From what I've read and seen Pence is probably not gonna make it either?? So that now leaves Pelosi?? How does that fit into the equation?? See what I'm talking about? What then? It seems that in your equation its like a chess game, if this doesn't work well maybe this will be a better fit, etc, etc, etc!! No I think I'll go with the Bible and EGWs interpretation of it!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

36 minutes ago, APL said:

The presumption is that God has revealed something specific about Bush, Trump, Pence. You are basically appealing to the fear factor. 

God has told us what the final message of mercy is, that is illumination in its power.  And it is not Pence.  But Henry, you never speak about the final messsage to be given. 

Ascribing God's revelation about Presidents Bush II, Obama, Trump, and Pence to my imagination is an attempt to explain away an inconvenient truth. Our all knowing God has revealed what we need to know to get us through the time of trouble. Remaining ignorant when the facts are readily available for verification is if only we will look is akin to refusing to look at the serpent raised on the pole in the wilderness. The consequence are as deadly, though not as immediate.

His child Henry 

7 minutes ago, phkrause said:

Its not a false contrast!! She didn't try to add other factors into the equation, like Trump, Pence, etc.!! Lets say Trump doesn't make it to his 4 years and Pence takes over!! From what I've read and seen Pence is probably not gonna make it either?? So that now leaves Pelosi?? How does that fit into the equation?? See what I'm talking about? What then? It seems that in your equation its like a chess game, if this doesn't work well maybe this will be a better fit, etc, etc, etc!! No I think I'll go with the Bible and EGWs interpretation of it!!

Rather than look at suppositions, try looking at the prophecies. 

Daniel 7 changes the focus from the sea-kingdoms to earth-kings 7:17.

Revelation 13 goes from Pope Pius XI (1929)  through Benedict XVI (2013)

Revelation 13 only has 2 beasts and the second depicts America with 2 horns

The duo horns are repeated (2 & 2) Bush II, Obama, Trump, Pence

Revelation 16 (cf Dan 5) has Satan as the dragon (personating John-Paul II) Francis I as the beast, and Benedict XVI as the false prophet

In Daniel 5 Babylon had 2 kings until Daniel was made third ruler in the kingdom moments before it fell

The papacy has 2 popes awaiting Satan to personate J-P II and Jesus

Revelation 17 explains that 5 are fallen (Pius Xi & XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John-Paul I); one is John-Paul II, one short space Benedict XVI

Revelation 18... 2nd angel's message comes first, then the message that Judgment is dispensed (after the living are judged)

Ezekiel 9 is the final sealing that is followed by Christ's Advent

The evidence labeled fake news is none the less true.

But Satan is a master of keeping the frozen chosen (dosen) in their state of Laodicean lethargy. 

When the clock is run down and it is  too late... it will come together is a most frightful way. 

His child Henry 

9 hours ago, APL said:

Deadly - hm - how so?

Those who become confused in their understanding of the Word, who fail to see the meaning of antichrist, will surely place themselves on the side of antichrist. There is no time now for us to assimilate with the world. Daniel is standing in his lot and in his place. The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves.  {7BC 949.6}  

His child Henry 

• Moderators

HCH, time after time, you have been demonstrated to be wrong.  It is clear that you have a vivid imagination.

Sooner or later, you will be correct in something.  I do not doubt that at all.  On occasion you will make some kind of prediction that is simply common sense.  It will happen.

But, that will not demonstrate that you were correct as to the Bible predicting that event.  You can be correct in the event and wrong as to the Bible predicting it.  You will be wrong as to that. 

It is clear that your predictions do not come from God.  You have a vivid imagination.

Gregory

Interesting:

Why, then, this widespread ignorance concerning an important part of Holy Writ? Why this general reluctance to investigate its teachings? It is the result of a studied effort of the prince of darkness to conceal from men that which reveals his deceptions. For this reason, Christ the Revelator, foreseeing the warfare that would be waged against the study of the Revelation, pronounced a blessing upon all who should read, hear, and observe the words of the prophecy. GC88 342.1

His child Henry 

1 minute ago, Gregory Matthews said:

HCH, time after time, you have been demonstrated to be wrong.  It is clear that you have a vivid imagination.

Sooner or later, you will be correct in something.  I do not doubt that at all.  On occasion you will make some kind of prediction that is simply common sense.  It will happen.

But, that will not demonstrate that you were correct as to the Bible predicting that event.  You can be correct in the event and wrong as to the Bible predicting it.  You will be wrong as to that. 

It is clear that your predictions do not come from God.  You have a vivid imagination.

When the war with Iran and the US comes, President Trump is replaced by Michael, and the Time of Trouble comes full force in rapid pace, it may be too late for you to undo the influence that you have had on others.

Now is the time to study to show ourselves approved of God.

• Confused 2

His child Henry 

`John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Knowing the True God is life eternal.  Believing Henry Hills's books on Bush, Obama, Trump, Pence, is not life eternal.

7 hours ago, hch said:

Now is the time to study to show ourselves approved of God.

hch, This is the only part of your statements above that I agree with.  It pertains to you as well.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

When "Michael" stands up...how bout... get into Scripture ...

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, Revelation 12:1

Michael means Who is like God?

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!  For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Isaiah 14:12-14

That saith of Cyrus, [He is] my shepherd, and shall perform all My pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid. Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut; Isaiah 44:28, 45:1

In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing [was] true, but the time appointed [was] long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision. Daniel 10:1

And now will I show thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; Daniel 11:2

And the elders of the Jews builded, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they builded, and finished [it], according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the commandment of Cyrus, and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.  Ezra 6:14

And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.  Daniel 8:14

I have appointed thee each day for a year. Ezekiel 4:6

there should be time no longer: Revelation 10:6

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people Daniel 12:1

A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.  Daniel 7:10

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.  Revelation 20:12

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.  Revelation 3:5

Go [and] take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth... And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. Revelation 10:8, 11

And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm: but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in [these] times.   Daniel 11:6

Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Daniel 12:9

And at that time shall Michael stand up [Isaiah 14:12-14], the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward [is] with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12

His child Henry 

• Moderators

Michal is typically interpreted as  "who is like God"  by those who consider the Hebrew word to be an abbreviated form of the Hebrew word transliterated as Micha'el.   

However, excavations from Beth-shean suggest  that it could be the name of god transliterated as Mekal.

On a comment on the post by HCH above:  It is simply a string of Biblical texts that are not in any manner shown to be connected to each other.

I am reminded by the student who asked God a few questions and for each opened the Bible to see what God had to say in response to the question:

1) God, what would you have me to do today?  Matthew 27:5,   and [Judas} went and hanged himself.

2)  God, surely you would not be telling me to do that?  Luke 10:37,  Go and do likewise.

3)  God, I can not imagine that you would be telling me to do that?  John 13:27  Jesus said. . . what you do, do quickly.

HC H,  you are clearly associated with eisegesis.  

Gregory

2 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Michal is typically interpreted as  "who is like God"  by those who consider the Hebrew word to be an abbreviated form of the Hebrew word transliterated as Micha'el.   

However, excavations from Beth-shean suggest  that it could be the name of god transliterated as Mekal.

On a comment on the post by HCH above:  It is simply a string of Biblical texts that are not in any manner shown to be connected to each other.

I am reminded by the student who asked God a few questions and for each opened the Bible to see what God had to say in response to the question:

1) God, what would you have me to do today?  Matthew 27:5,   and [Judas} went and hanged himself.

2)  God, surely you would not be telling me to do that?  Luke 10:37,  Go and do likewise.

3)  God, I can not imagine that you would be telling me to do that?  John 13:27  Jesus said. . . what you do, do quickly.

HC H,  you are clearly associated with eisegesis.  

I passed your comment onto our Father. I'll wait on the LORD to see what reply (if any) is appropriate from my pen.

His child Henry 

the #IranUSwar is getting closer

It will happen at the appointed time (though my studies have not discovered it)

review E.G.Whites comments on Daniel 11:30

(Or heed the skeptics that manifest themselves as wolves in sheeps' clothing...a fatal mistake)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-threatens-retaliation-over-car-bombing-that-killed-27/ar-BBTF86Q?ocid=spartandhp

His child Henry 

6 hours ago, hch said:

(Or heed the skeptics that manifest themselves as wolves in sheeps' clothing...a fatal mistake)

So many arguments here on Adventistan would be settled if people would study their Sabbath school lessons!

From the Sabbath school lesson for 2/12/19, "When the Angel states that there will "be time no longer," the Greek word chronos shows that He refers to a period of time. … That statement that time will be no longer refers to the time prophecies of Daniel, particularly the 2300 prophetic days of Daniel 8:14. After this period, there no longer will be prophetic time periods. Ellen White wrote, "This time, which the angel declares with a solemn oath, is not the end of this world's history, neither of probationary time, but of prophetic time, which should precede the advent of our Lord. That is, the people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time, reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844." Manuscript Releases, vol. 19 [njos. 1360-1419], p 321.

Again and again have I been warned in regard to time setting. There will never again be a message for the people of God that will be based on time. We are not to know the definite time either for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit or for the coming of Christ. Ellen White, Selected Messages, book 1, p.188

I agree with these quotes of Sister Whites that there are no more events in Scripture that will tied to a specific time or date.

While it is possible that an event such as "prophesied" could occur, there will be many wars and they are more likely when there is "bad blood" between nations. However, get enough of these events and you start prophesying, sooner or later you may get lucky. Throw enough mud at a barn and some will stick sooner or later. However, Iran attacking US ships, not in the Bible.

So, where do we go from here. hch seems to be very opposed to what Sister White has written. So, unless hch wants to declare himself as a greater prophet than Sister White, he should repent immediately!

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

I believe that we are quickly closing in on the end of time (as opposed to the time of the end) and the soon coming of Christ.  With this frame of mind, I can't help but to watch news events and look at potential ties to end-time prophecy.  While I disagree with hch's views of the future and the surety with which he presents them, I think he is sincerely trying to be a faithful watchman.  I, too am obsessed with end-time prophecy; so I don't dismiss out of hand certain scenarios for end-time events besides EGW's views.  I don't dismiss EGW's views either; she presents a very plausible scenario. It's just that I don't find safety in dismissing every interpretation of end-time prophecy - putting on blinders and looking exclusively at Mrs. White's viewpoint.

hch, I apologize for seeming to ridicule you are a person due to your interpretation of things.  Although I disagree with it, I should nor ridicule (or be seen as ridiculing) you.  I feel like I have recently taken a lot of heat for some of my "outside the box" views, and I don't like it. I doubt if you like it others. I In following Jesus' advice to "do unto others ..." I will do my best not to denigrate you in the future, although I may challenge some of your ideas (although I have little hope of changing your mind on anything).

Wishing everyone a blessed and peaceful Sabbath.

• Thanks 2