ClubAdventist is back!

The Sabbath - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Gail

• Administrators

Delightful book! A classic on the Jewish view of Sabbath

images.jpeg

• Like 2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

There are many places that I have highlighted... The focus away from space toward time and eternity. Our daily regard for the material and our dependence upon technology falls away in place of the bigger picture of the spiritual.

I rarely read any book twice, but this one I would.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Rabbi Heshel is one of the most Christ centered writers of the 20th century. Also, when he was asked to speak at Loma Linda, Jack Provonsha hosted him. He and Jack became lifelong friends and he fell in love with the Seventh-day Adventist church. When he would call Jack his calls started out with "How are we doing?" In his use of the word "we" was asking about the Seventh-day Adventist Church as a whole.

• Like 2