ClubAdventist is back!

... few there be that find it

B/W Photodude

I have read the story of Jesus and the Pharisees, Sadducees, & scribes of His time and it never ceases to amaze me. These "doctors of the law", when they weren't out harassing and trying to murder Jesus were vigorously searching Scripture looking for the Messiah and He walked among them. I do get the impression from Desire of Ages that some were convicted, were internally terrified, and were able to squelch those conviction. The "sages" of the time missed what was happening right before their eyes. They did not understand it. ... closing their eyes lest they should see, hardening the heart, lest they should perceive, and be converted, and Christ should heal them. EGW, RH10/18/1892. This was spoken of those religious leaders back then, but like so much of the Bible, it is written for our admonition, for the warnings belong to us also. The leaders of Jesus's time exemplified this text very well: Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Timothy 3:7

As of late, I have come to the conclusion that a similar situation exists today. Few really know what is going on and will happen, even if we all agree that Jesus is coming back and the world as we know it is coming to an end. What Jesus promised for His people is something that has gone right over the heads of even most of the religious people of the world. To be perfectly clear, I also ask myself as I gaze into the "mirror of Scripture" and ask myself if even I really have a clue what is coming. (Nearly everyone thinks they know!)

The fact that there are over 1000 Protestant denominations suggests that there is no understanding and there is no unity. And even within those denominations, including the SDA church, there is widespread conflicts and disunity. The fact that there is so much disunity is in itself proof that Christ is not abiding in the church body at large. And definitely, Christ is not being formed within the church as a whole. There were few things Jesus wanted more than we be living in unity. So, I expect that people can continue to cling to their personal theological hobby horses, but time is short and the clock is ticking.

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:14

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

I pretty much agree.  We focus on the things that either exclude ourselves or others from fellowship.  We need to focus on the the things that unite us.  What is coming will not only target SDAs, it will target all born-again believers.  The end-time world religion will not tolerate anyone who does not give unconditional submission to the "system". This is not just about the Sabbath, it's about "who do you worship?"  As long as Christianity stays divided, we will be susceptible to defeat. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

I pray that the latter rain spoken of on Joel and Acts falls soon, and that at that time the Spirit reveals to all Christians what we must believe and do to be saved.  I don't know that any of us have it right yet.

There are well in excess of a 1000 Protestant Denominations.

Hundreds of different ones just within the Baptist fold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baptist_denominations

There are 10 different ones within the Adventist fold:

Watch Tower Tract and Bible Society (JW's) / Seventh-day Adventists /  Christadelphians / Church of God Seventh Day / Church of God General Conference / Grace Communion International / Church of God.

It would appear that the primary unity (that exists) exists is within the Catholic and Orthodox Church. 

3 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

The fact that there are over 1000 Protestant denominations suggests that there is no understanding and there is no unity.

2 hours ago, Gustave said:

It would appear that the primary unity (that exists) exists is within the Catholic and Orthodox Church. 

While unity is important, that really was not the purpose of my post. Disunity is just a symptom of the problem. The concern is that the vast majority of people are not getting what is happening as this earth nears to the end of the age. Something is seriously missing. Even the disciples could not figure out what Jesus was about and they were with Him everyday for three years. 

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism