ClubAdventist is back!

"Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria - The Paper"

J Sonnentag

From the description:

A recent paper explored the reported phenomenon of Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria (ROGD), in which people who have not acted gender dysphoric during childhood do so during adolescence or early adulthood. There are noted differences from the classical picture of gender dysphoria, including largely female biological sex in ROGD, clusters of cases, and websites that apparently encourage narratives to parents and professional that don't fit verifiable facts. The author recognized limitations of the study, which has, perhaps not surprisingly, stirred up a firestorm of criticism. The evidence in the paper will be discussed.

(BitTube) https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmTF9EZj6tbuVkezLd7oQmjW4qL6KjGGHy3MknQ63N31bp&channel=63999

• Moderators

Disclosure:  I have not viewed the entire video above.  I have only viewed the introductory section called the "Abstract" and the method of data collection.

I am commenting at this point as I do not want to open up my comment to a bias based upon my agreement/disagreement with the conclusions of the study.  I do not know, at this point in time what those conclusions were and therefore do not have a bias based upon an agreement/disagreement with those conclusions.

I fault the study based upon the following:

1)  This sample study lacked many of the requirements for a scientifically valid study.  If I had. in my work for a Masters degree in psychology, selected such a sample to study,   I would likely have failed the course.   In actual fact, a Bachelors student should know better.

2)  Data collection: is supposed to comply with ethical norms.  The statement is made to the effect that data collected in this study can not be made available due to ethical requirements tp protect the identity of the people involved.  Of course.  There are methods that one can use to  both protect the identity of the people as well as to make the collected data available to researchers.  Evidently the authors of the study did not make use of those methods of protecting people.     On this basis alone, this study should not be  considered to have much validity.

3)  On the basis of # 1 & # 2, this study can not be   considered to be valid.

4)  At this point. information as to the reliability of the study has not been provided.  Perhaps it will be provided later.  But, that can not be assumed on the basis of # 1 & # 2.

Gregory