ClubAdventist is back!

New trends in Adventist education

B/W Photodude

Does it really make any difference any more whether you sacrifice to send your children to Adventist church school?

http://adventmessenger.org/seventh-day-adventist-teachers-and-administrators-get-educated-in-rainbow-theology/

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• 2 months later...

Just an observation / question:  I've come to understand that SDAism is really a "big tent" Church where many different views are tolerated. Currently a militant anti-Trinitarian is just as welcome as an SDA person is who claims to be Trinitarian - and both within the denomination are viewed as equally correct. There are many individuals (in all Churches) who believe Buggery can be wholesome and good provided it's done in a loving manner. How does gay rainbow theology differ from the anti-Trinity doctrine within the SDA Church?  Does not the gay agenda fit under the big tent concept? 

Gustave,

You ask some very difficult questions; many of which have only subjective answers (IMHO).  I personally don't see the comparison between tolerating non-trinitarians  with LGBT+ people.  Being non-trinitarian is a conscious faith choice.  I believe at least the LG part of LGBT+ is a matter of how a person is wired.  As a dedicated heterosexual, the idea of "being intimate" with another man thoroughly disgusts me - gimme a woman every time.  But I know several gays who feel just the opposite - the idea of being intimate with a member of the opposite sex is disgusting.  Several of these individuals consider themselves to be Christians; and claim to have reconciled their homosexuality with being a Christian.  Who am I to judge?  I also know many Christians  who sometimes drink to excess, smoke pot, gossip, "live together" without being married, who don't keep the sabbath, and who pray to dead people.  Which sin is worse?  What about the long-term junkie who wants to become a Christian?  He/she will probably have almost as difficult a time kicking his/her habit as a gay man learning to enjoy intimacy with a woman.  Yes, there are miraculous "cures for both homosexuality and drug addiction; but from what I've seen they are the exception rather than the rule.

Just my opinion - Anyone who wants to come to Christ should be allowed to attend a Christian Church.  They should be accepted by the congregation as long as they are not disruptive or "celebrating" their issues.  Should they be baptized? That should be up to the individual church.  Should they be church leaders? No - just my opinion.