ClubAdventist is back!

Kavanaugh Hearings

JoeMo

Did anyone catch the hearings today?  What a farce and a kangaroo court!  Everyone (including Republicans) treated Ms. Ford with the utmost respect and courtesy.  But when Kavanaugh came out, the Democrat's gloves came off.  They treated an honorable and competent judge like some kind of a loathsome criminal, sex offender, and a hostile witness.  They are asking Kavanaugh to prove he didn't do this.  Anyone who has ever taken Philosophy 101 learned that it is impossible to prove a negative. Senator Lindsay Graham said it right when He called the Dem's tactics a scam and  a stall tactic to take the confirmation past the 2018 elections.

Let's see - Kavanaugh has letters signed by over 80 high school and college female friends saying the judge is completely honorably and respectful.  Ms. Ford names three eye witnesses - all of whom refuted her testimony.  Ms. Ford is a victim in this as well.  The Dems set her up on a public soap box she never wanted.

After watching those proceedings, I'm convinced satan must be a Democrat (no offense to my democrat friends).

• Like 4

This whole thing was such a disgusting display by the Democrats including Senator Feinstien. She basically proved that women can be just as dirty and unethical as some men can be in politics. Senator Graham was spot on.

https://www.facebook.com/realCalebHull/videos/470137273491104/

• Like 3

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

It used to be that parents were more watchful and protective of their daughters. Probably time for parents to be more protective of their sons.

42177551_10161053006430515_4337405983815892992_n.png

• Like 1

Bill Liversidge Seminars

59 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

After watching those proceedings, I'm convinced satan must be a Democrat (no offense to my democrat friends).

Certainly the spirit of Satan is in full force in Democrat politics today.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

As usual, its all the women fault, lying as usual. Since I am a registered democrat ( I'm convinced satan must be a Democrat) guess that makes me a buddy of the devil! Well, guess that is like the pot calling the kettel black. 

Seem to remember Adam blaming Eve for his trouble, nothing has changed. How many supporters does a women need in order to be considered truthful? 5, 10, 30...etc..etc, more than 80?

6 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

How many "supporters" do men need to be believed?

There are those who think that the word of a woman is more valuable than a man's, even many men. 

"Believe the woman" they bleat out like a bunch of sheep. But consider the virtual storm of false accusations, recantations regarding rapes going on throughout this country. Hence, I stand by my previous comment regarding boys needing to be protected in this day.

It is significant, and was discussed some, that Ford's memories were retreived after sessions with a psychologist. That is significant when you consider the history of false memory syndrome in this country. False memory problems have driven the policy making of even the SDA church. Lies have had a part in making up SDA policy!

What went on around the Kavanaugh hearings was a travesty in American political history. If I was a Democrat, I would be burying my membership card under a rock somewhere out between the barn and the manure pile.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/27/newt-gingrich-democrats-showed-most-despicable-behavior-brett-kavanaugh-hearing

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Moderators

Disclosure:  I have been a registered Republican and Democrat.  Regardless, I have voted across party lines.  IOW, when a registered Democrat, I have voted for Republicans.  I do not beeive that the alleged actions of him as a High School & College student should automatically disqualify him to serve on the Court.  As to the hearing yesterday,   I spent at least 6 hours watching them.

Dr. Ford:  In my opinion, she meets the typical pattern  that I have seen in working with women who have been sexually assaulted.  IOW, I find her believable.

Judge K:  I came into the hearing believing that he was qualified to serve on the Supreme Court, and that President Trump had the right to place such a candidate on the Court.  I Found Judge K, to be  evasive in his answers and unwilling to provide direct answers to the questions.  I found his temperament to  not be what I would want in a Supreme Court Judge.

ABA:  The American Bar Association, who has supported Judge K, has released a statement stating that the nomination should be placed on hold until the FBI can conduct a full investigation of certain named witnesses with a report of that investigation being made to the Senate.

NOTE:  A significant group of people who knew Judge K in college has come forward to state that they believe that he was not as he has described himself and that they believe more investigation should be made.

Conclusion:  If I were to vote today, I would vote against Judge K.  In many ways, this is due to how he conducted himself yesterday and a failure of the Committee to properly investigate specific persons who knew Judge K in those early years.

Gregory

Seems some are afraid of women! No male should be afraid of a female, as long as they have treated them with respect, equally and not as objects. So if any male is feeling fear, maybe they should examine their own reasons for doing so. It is not about 'numbers' when it comes to belief about a persons story in this situation. This whole charade is about politics. What happened to Anita Hill is happening again. The question in this situation is really about honesty. Sitting on the highest court where integrity and honesty are of utmost importance should transcend party lines. A person can not be perfect  but can admitt wrongs and go on with life. To keep calling out a persons political preference as being evil and of the devil speaks volumes about the person making the claim...and it is not good. 

I would assume GM made a good summary from his perspective with out useless rhetoric because of his demonstrated character through his postings. I have not watched, because I find such spectacles to be a waste of my time. 

• Moderators

Statute of Limitations:  That will vary from State to State and the  criminal issues are more Sate issues than they are Federal.

In the State of Maryland, where the offenses are alleged to have occurred, there is no Statute of Limitations that has run on some of the alleged offences.  IOW,  Judge K, today, could be charged with a criminal crime for some of the offenses that he is alleged to have committed.

Gregory

It was alleged that some men are afraid of women along with the usual tired old argument that you have nothing to worry about if you have treated women with respect and yadda, yadda, and yadda. Unfortunately, when you have a social climate where the mantra is believe the woman (as if a woman would never lie!) and the media legal system to back up lies, you are right, men should be very worried. Ask Judge Kavanaugh. It is getting really old when the leftist/feminists are not getting their way, charges start coming from everywhere. Even Trump will tell you this and he was the victim of paid for by the Clinton campaign dossier full of lies about him. 

Everyday in the news almost you hear of another "rape victim" who recanted her complaint and/or was found by the evidence to be lying. some men have spent years in prison as a result of these allegations. And little legal penalty is paid by these women for what they have done. Sadly, this is eroding the public good will towards actual victims of crimes and soon none will be believed. 

On the plus side, Judge Kavanaugh had very many female supporters who spoke in his defense of their experiences relating to him and they were very positive colmments. So what if Kavanaugh appeared upset at yesterdays hearing. I would be livid if after all that I put up with from a bunch of vicioous politicians is followed up with lies of my character, yeh, you bet ...

The sad thing also of this is, young girls are being taught to emulate this behavior. When the desired results are so easily obtained often, it is tempting to just make stuff up. Check out this young man's experience at the hands of liars in his school with the help of the "adults":

https://www.dangerous.com/49605/boy-13-arrested-cuffed-and-dragged-from-school-over-metoo-allegations/

Unfortunately, the leftist media is complicit in this. Notice this story on how much attention got paid to the various sides of this story:

https://www.aim.org/aim-column/study-media-avoided-mentioning-nearly-all-evidence-against-ford/

The thing forgotten in all of this is that Judge Kavanaugh's word is just as valid and worthwhile to hear as his accuser. It really seems to come down to a he said - she said and to me that is a draw as the accuser has no real evidence to show for it. And this bit of carrying this for over thirty six years until it became politically useful to trash someone (assuming it had any veracity) was in itself damming. This story is 36 years old and happened when these people were kids in high school!

Unfortunately, this whole incident has many behaving even unbiblicaly. My reading of the Bible says you cannot take one persons word over anothers without witnesses. Which is why the ninth commandment doesn't say not to lie, but not to give false witnessing for someone else! 

This is another link that shows how bad feminists misbehavior is getting (although there has been a charge that the story is fake):
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/09/26/watch-radical-feminist-pours-bleach-on-mens-crotches-to-combat-manspreading

Bill Liversidge Seminars

3 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I highly doubt that anyone on this forum behaved perfectly in high school

That's my point.  It seems that what kind of a man he has been for the last 30 years should say something about his character and whether he could be considered as a good candidate for the Supreme Court.  The Democrats could not care less what he did while in high school.  They just want somebody that will vote the same as they on their future cases.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

Go aToday! Pile on Judge Kavanaugh! 

"If these accusations turn out to be true about Brett Kavanaugh, should he be drawn and quartered?  ... If he has no other consequence other than that, he should consider himself lucky."

I have noticed many feminists offer the opinion that if some innocent man gets falsely accused along the way, oh well!

What do you expect from this article when the author is self described as "... is a writer, teacher, and mother of two. She enjoys reading, playing with her cat, ***writing about feminism***, and strawberry pie. "

Let's not even mention "false allegations" and "lies"!

https://atoday.org/judge-kavanaugh-in-the-metoo-era/

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Members
13 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Disclosure:  I have been a registered Republican and Democrat.  Regardless, I have voted across party lines.  IOW, when a registered Democrat, I have voted for Republicans.  I do not beeive that the alleged actions of him as a High School & College student should automatically disqualify him to serve on the Court.  As to the hearing yesterday,   I spent at least 6 hours watching them.

Dr. Ford:  In my opinion, she meets the typical pattern  that I have seen in working with women who have been sexually assaulted.  IOW, I find her believable.

Judge K:  I came into the hearing believing that he was qualified to serve on the Supreme Court, and that President Trump had the right to place such a candidate on the Court.  I Found Judge K, to be  evasive in his answers and unwilling to provide direct answers to the questions.  I found his temperament to  not be what I would want in a Supreme Court Judge.

ABA:  The American Bar Association, who has supported Judge K, has released a statement stating that the nomination should be placed on hold until the FBI can conduct a full investigation of certain named witnesses with a report of that investigation being made to the Senate.

NOTE:  A significant group of people who knew Judge K in college has come forward to state that they believe that he was not as he has described himself and that they believe more investigation should be made.

Conclusion:  If I were to vote today, I would vote against Judge K.  In many ways, this is due to how he conducted himself yesterday and a failure of the Committee to properly investigate specific persons who knew Judge K in those early years.

I'm in total agreement!!

My main reason for being against Judge K, is the fact that he believes that the President is above the law!! So he actually believes that trump is above God?? God sent his son to die for mankind because even God is not above his own Law!! I have no respect for either Judge K or the person that occupies the oval office at this moment. He could've easily picked someone else, but if he did that he knows that if any criminal charges are brought against him, he than couldn't get his pardon!!! Why would anyone need a pardon if he thinks he's done nothing wrong, is beyond me!! Very sad indeed!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

fwiw, I believe Blasey Ford was probably assaulted at some point.  But I don't believe it was Kavanaugh.

And I don't think the Democrats are really concerned about *her* .... once she's served their purpose, which is to delay the vote (or remove Kavanaugh — as well as anyone else the POTUS chooses — from the process completely), she'll be either thrown under the bus and completely forgotten, or else the feminists will put her on a pedestal, as if she has done something remarkable (she hasn't)...  The pandering that the Democratic senators did to her, as if they were so concerned, made me ill.  

I also believe Blasey Ford was coached as to the words that she used in her opening "statement" — for example, she read the term, "pin balling," in her *written* description, yet not once in her many subsequent descriptions did she ever use that term.  I think she was also coached about being "afraid to fly" because of the purported incident .... that was a joke.

And the "temperament" that Judge Kavanaugh displayed was, imho, *entirely* understandable.  He has been attacked, mocked, called "evil", for weeks and weeks, without any proof whatsoever of wrongdoing.  A person can only take that type of treatment for so long — especially when it is affecting his family.

And this business of counselors stating they believe Blasey Ford because she conforms to a pattern they've "seen" of how sexually assaulted women behave?  That in itself presents a problem.... Blasey Ford is supposedly a "brilliant" scholar in the area of psychology.  Very easy to "conform" to a set of symptom criteria if you already know what they are. 

But, as I mentioned, I think she *was* assaulted at some point... or at least she *believes* she was assaulted — but not by Kavanaugh.

An FBI investigation *would* be interesting.... of Blasey Ford.

• Like 3

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

FWIW, I always enjoy your well chosen thoughts.  Regardless of whether or not I agree with them, they are worthy of consideration.  After all, every person, to include both me and you, have a right to be wrong.   :)

Gregory

On 9/28/2018 at 11:17 AM, CoAspen said:

Seems some are afraid of women! No male should be afraid of a female, as long as they have treated them with respect, equally and not as objects. So if any male is feeling fear, maybe they should examine their own reasons for doing so. It is not about 'numbers' when it comes to belief about a persons story in this situation. This whole charade is about politics. What happened to Anita Hill is happening again. The question in this situation is really about honesty. Sitting on the highest court where integrity and honesty are of utmost importance should transcend party lines. A person can not be perfect  but can admitt wrongs and go on with life. To keep calling out a persons political preference as being evil and of the devil speaks volumes about the person making the claim...and it is not good. 

It is ABOUT POWER. 

8thdaypriest

On 9/28/2018 at 11:26 AM, The Wanderer said:

those always harping about equality, certainly are not allowing it here

The DEMS are certainly displaying selective moral outrage.   They defended Kennedy, Clinton,  etc. etc. etc. etc.  They are using the current favorite cause victims (#MeToo) for political/power gain. 

It is a revelation of things to come - prophetically speaking, when the current of moral/political outrage will be turned against believers, against Jews, against the morally conservative.  (It already is, but it will get worse.)  The Beast with 2 horns (like a lamb) will speak smooth half truths, which most will believe.   The testimony of false witnesses will seem "very credible". 

Watching the unrelenting attacks made me shiver, as I imagined myself in his place.   My life before I met Christ, was not something I would want to hear detailed on news programs, or by attacking senators. 

• Like 2

8thdaypriest

21 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

soon none will be believed.

For thousands of years women have NOT been believed.  Now the pendulum has swung far out in the other direction.  It may finally rest somewhere nearer the middle (where it should rest).

Believe to begin with - yes.  But MeToo does not carry MORE WEIGHT than InnocentUntilProvenGuilty. 

• Like 1

8thdaypriest

I do not know how true online info is, but sometime ago I read that there were two guys interviewed by Fox channel and one guy told the interviewer that Dr. Ford was assaulted by him not the Judge K.

• Members

David Brock I knew Brett Kavanaugh during his years as a Republican operative. Don't let him sit on the Supreme Court.

We were part of a close circle of cynical hard-right operatives being groomed for much bigger things.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i-knew-brett-kavanaugh-during-his-years-republican-operative-don-ncna907391

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

6 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

For thousands of years women have NOT been believed.  Now the pendulum has swung far out in the other direction.  It may finally rest somewhere nearer the middle (where it should rest).

Believe to begin with - yes.  But MeToo does not carry MORE WEIGHT than InnocentUntilProvenGuilty. 

Yeah, I get what you mean about the pendulum swinging too far the other way. Perhaps we should take out some white people and lynch them to make up for that too! I would think feminists would not want to get into the position of doing all the things they have been complaining about and then also having to "walk it all back."

Here is a video by a professor from Canada discussing the excesses of the "MeToo movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4UdH0vLs_s

I feel confident in saying that there is nothing Christian about the #MeToo movement.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

14 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

14 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

I already noted that an enormous amount of money had been crowd funded for Ford in the range of over $700,000! That should be looked into. Also, Feinstein's duty as a senator and her malfeasance in not bringing this to the committee months ago should be investigated. I think at the least she should be censured in front of the Senate.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/29/brett-kavanaugh-fbi-probe-bill-cassidy-says-fbi-should-investigate-democrats

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On 9/28/2018 at 12:17 PM, CoAspen said:

Seems some are afraid of women!

I know the "White Knights" here probably won't bother to check out this video, but anyone looking for more information or a different viewpoint may choose to consider.

The Legal Devaluation Of Men's Lives

The legal devaluation of men’s lives is a largely unacknowledged, appalling human rights abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StPEdF8TIc0

Reader comment:
"Thanks for everything you have done . Female MRAs are a gift from God."
(MRA = men's rights activist)

White Knights - A man who stands up for a womens right to be an absolute equal, but then steps up like a white knight to rescue her any time that equality becomes a burden.

Bill Liversidge Seminars