ClubAdventist is back!

Kavanaugh Hearings

JoeMo

3 hours ago, JoeMo said:

"The brother of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, worked for a law firm that hired Fusion GPS, which produced the fake dossier on President Donald Trump, Lifenews.com reported." (https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/melanie-arter/kavanaugh-accusers-brother-worked-law-firm-hired-fusion-gps)

I think we will learn more and more and more about Christine Ford's "connections" in coming days.  ?? another coup ??

8thdaypriest

2 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

and you base your *facts* on what?  That he "finally* gave an emotional rebuttal after being harassed and accused and bullied for weeks and weeks and weeks by Democrat mudslingers of the 1st order — both in congress and in the media?  

It's all in what you choose to believe about a person.  And, apparently, you choose to believe the worst about a person.

Judges, even Supreme Court judges, are not God.  None of them are perfect.  None of them are without partisanship in one manner or another.  Expecting God-like qualities from *anyone* as a prerequisite of fitness is nonsense.  Nay, it's more than nonsense.... it's juvenile whining from adults who are apparently unable to understand that life is neither fair nor perfect.

Just makes me sick the way Democrats are treating Kavanaugh and the Congressmen (and others) who support him.  It's absolutely shameful.  And the [mostly] female bullies yelling and shouting and making total a$$es of themselves by getting in the faces of those with whom they disagree are doing nothing to further the cause of abused women and men in society.  They've turned it into a *political* issue, when it indeed is not.  

Has definitely awakened voters though - who despise orchestrated chaos and bullying of the type we have witnessed.

I see our nation becoming ever more divided.  "A nation divided against itself cannot stand."   Makes me think that outside forces are fomenting all the division and chaos, in attempts to weaken our nation.  (Not sure if I should classify Satan as an "outside force".)

Hollywood pushes revealing fashions (which stimulate men visually) while decrying men's reactions to same. 

Political parties push arguments and slanders against those with opposing views, all the while decrying "the divisions" in our society. 

Liberal university professors discriminate against students with opposing views, while they decry discrimination. 

Almost makes one want to move to a deep cave in Alaska, with no internet access. 

8thdaypriest

"You will want to control your husband, but he will dominate you." (Gen 3:16 NET)  In other words - BOTH would want control.  He will win because he is physically stronger. 

Once this "control" was hardened by culture and tradition, women were locked into place.  Only recently,  in Western culture, have women been legally allowed to VOTE, to inherit, to divorce, to control conception, etc.   The longer we go, the more "equal rights" have tried to neutralize the curse of Genesis 3:16.  Will it ever be completely neutralized?  I don't believe so.  Because it cannot be neutralized through legislation!

8thdaypriest

Wonder if any recordings of Ford while teaching are available.  If she did not exhibit the little-girl-voice, or the peekaboo hair, etc. etc. while teaching, THAT would make her testimony seem like more of a performance.

8thdaypriest

My hubby is NOT one to be much interested in politics.  He has watched the Kavanaugh hearings with interest.  I asked him why - a few minutes ago.   He said he thinks most men are interested, because substituting "guilty by accusation" for "innocent until proven guilty" would change our nation profoundly - FOR MEN.  Said, "No one will be safe."  Confirming Kavanaugh will uphold IUPG.

• Like 3

8thdaypriest

5 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Almost makes one want to move to a deep cave in Alaska, with no internet access. 

Or a treehouse in Costa Rica.

19 hours ago, debbym said:

It was Kavanaugh's reaction's at this event this that exposed him, not her accusations. 

Thanks to the women who already responded to this post, but I wanted to throw in my 2¢.

Kavanaugh's reactions in the hearing after all the despicable attempts to destroy him are now being credited with the beginnings of his comeback. Justice Kavanaugh had many years of government experience and was well qualified for the Supreme Court unless you are a loser Democrat out to destroy anything you disagree with. The accusations that had never surfaced after many years and the progressive nature of the degrading descriptions of the false accusations were amazing to watch. And to use this to try and destroy the good name of a man in a way that is virtually impossible to defend your self was despicable and amazing for the people who supported it. Justice Kavanaugh had received high marks from many directions for his legal expertise until the accusations started to come out. I was not surprised and was really expecting it as it is something tried before. Justice Thomas still endures the damage to his name after more than 20 years on the bench. So, yes, Justice Kavanuagh has a right to be angry at what was attempted to be done to him.

Ford on the other hand has many documented falsehoods, along with being unable to "remember" important details. It has been alleged that some of her memories were gotten through recovered memory therapy which has a quite dirty past for destroying the lives of innocent people through false allegations. And strangely enough, she has family members associated with Fusion GPS.

Check out this video by Janice Fiamengo on the "academic background" of Ford: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFL6k5yOAFM

Going beyond Ford, perhaps you should look at some of the links in the White Knight heads exploding thread. While many studies will show decreasing amounts of violence by men against women, the same cannot be said regarding violence by women against men. You really don't have to look hard to see the behavior of the radical feminists and many on the liberal/left wing politics to see how badly men have been doing over the last couple of decades. Starting from the protests at the Trump inaguration with women dressing up in their vagina costumes, the article detailing how large a percentage of rapes claims (according to some police departments to be over 80%) are false, the studies that show up to 70% of domestic violence is initiated by women, and more children are killed by mothers than by fathers. The immorality and decadence of many women in western civilization is mind blowing. But some do not really want to know. Just easier to keep believing the same old tired rhetoric. I have come to the sad conclusion that women will have just as much to answer for in the judgement as men do.

Well here, watch Nancy Pelosi explain how to smear someone: https://www.facebook.com/thedeplorablechoir/videos/540837783019469/

Sadly enough, this harrassment and social abuse of men exists in many parts of the SDA church. It is amazing to look at what the feminists and the Adsafe campaign are doing to the men who are members of the church in Australia.

The following came from a Facebook post: This morning, think about this: regardless of your political affiliation: I could, right now, call out ANY man that I knew 44 years ago in high school, by name, and tell you a story that paints a horrible picture of him. It won't matter if the story is real or if it's made up. And more than half of the comments I'd receive would be how sorry folks are for me, hope I am okay and pray he gets his due.

THAT is what is wrong with the Brett Kavanaugh situation - and I don't care about your party affiliation...you all have a man you love - a father, a grandfather, a brother, a son, a nephew, an uncle, a grandson, a boyfriend, a fiance, a friend ---- we are headed down a very scary road if words, only words, with NO PROOF, can ruin a man. Get on the right side of this: It's so beyond politics.

Do we want to live in a country where we can ruin a life by speaking whatever we want and we are believed simply because we are female? I do not.

(As a favor - SHARE THIS IF YOU AGREE. I really want people to start looking at this in a very personal way. It's not politics anymore. People are ruining lives. Turn the tables and imagine if this were your family!) Look at their faces!! This evil sham has destroyed them!!

Kavanaugh historically holds the position that no president can be indited  while in office.  This may have lead him to be a preferred choice for the President. He undermines public education and has been an arm to serve the interests of right wing fundamentalist. He indeed reflects the current dominant GOP politics.  He is  politically emotionally loaded, and truly partisan.  He cannot be expected to be impartial or neutral in his judicial decisions.  This is actually non professional as a Supreme Court Judge. The concept of a president not being indictable did not start with Justice Kavanaugh or President Trump.

You may need to go back and review your civics classes. It doesn't matter what one judge believes, it takes 5 of 9 to get something like a president being unindictable. And regardless, the president can still be impeached. There is a valid reason for a president not to be indictable. So, that is a poor criticism of Justice Kavanaugh. It really is a fear with no basis to think he is going to be protection for President Trump.

He never presided over a court as judge until appointed by Bush in 2006.  In this respect he is not an experienced Judge and was never elected or chosen by legal peers.

Justice Kavanaugh has been on the court of appeals for the District of Columbia for about 12 years. Since he was confirmed by the senate, most of whom are lawyers, you can't really say he was never chosen by legal peers. And most every judge starts out in the practice of law which Justice Kavanuagh did while working in the White House during the Bush years. You may not like Kavanuagh, but it is a stretch to claim he is not qualified when he really comes with high marks by many people.

13 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

and you base your *facts* on what?  That he "finally* gave an emotional rebuttal after being harassed and accused and bullied for weeks and weeks and weeks by Democrat mudslingers of the 1st order — both in congress and in the media?  

It's all in what you choose to believe about a person.  And, apparently, you choose to believe the worst about a person.

Judges, even Supreme Court judges, are not God.  None of them are perfect.  None of them are without partisanship in one manner or another.  Expecting God-like qualities from *anyone* as a prerequisite of fitness is nonsense.  Nay, it's more than nonsense.... it's juvenile whining from adults who are apparently unable to understand that life is neither fair nor perfect.

Just makes me sick the way Democrats are treating Kavanaugh and the Congressmen (and others) who support him.  It's absolutely shameful.  And the [mostly] female bullies yelling and shouting and making total a$$es of themselves by getting in the faces of those with whom they disagree are doing nothing to further the cause of abused women and men in society.  They've turned it into a *political* issue, when it indeed is not.  

The left does not base anything on facts!

Believe the worst about a person without any evidence other than "she said" from 36 years ago.

Unfortunately, we are apparently going to have to listen to the whining for a looonnnngggg time.

I found it very difficult to even watch it much of the time. Kept up in the print media. Totally sickening.

12 hours ago, bonnie said:

Have you or anyone close to you ever been accused and basically convicted publically of something as serious as rape or attempted rape?  Totally innocent but judged guilty by many without one shred of proof?  Your career/ livelihood ,destroyed. Your reputation in tatters, your family ostracized ,  everything you have worked for  30 years at risk?  Based only on the word of one that has serious gaps in credible accusations?  If the answer is yes, did you remain calm and reasonable at all times, never stressed to the max as you tried to defend yourself?  

After the work Justice Kavanaugh has put into his family, his career, his social life to have a bunch of desperate evil people try to destroy him for political gain is beyond repulsive. Unfortunately, many men have spent years in prison and many are still in prison after false accusations. Some even when the accuser has recanted they remain in prison. And many other men have had their careers destroyed and lost their jobs based on lies. Truly sad this is even acceptable to some in the Seventh-day Adventist church.

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Members
On 10/6/2018 at 6:07 AM, debbym said:

t was Kavanaugh's reaction's at this event this that exposed him, not her accusations.  I read some doctor's rant about all the wild things she did as a college student then said should i not be allowed to practice now because of those things?  She was in defense of the judge. The difference is that doctor was perfectly honest about everything she did.

Kavanaugh historically holds the position that no president can be indited  while in office.  This may have lead him to be a preferred choice for the President. He undermines public education and has been an arm to serve the interests of right wing fundamentalist. He indeed reflects the current dominant GOP politics.  He is  politically emotionally loaded, and truly partisan.  He cannot be expected to be impartial or neutral in his judicial decisions.  This is actually non professional as a Supreme Court Judge.

He never presided over a court as judge until appointed by Bush in 2006.  In this respect he is not an experienced Judge and was never elected or chosen by legal peers.

Exactly debby!! No one seems to be looking at this guy as to why trump picked him!!!!! There were plenty of other choices to pick from and who were qualified!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

According to Wikipedia the cell phone was commercially introduced in Oct. 1983.  I do not understand where Dr. Ford got her cell phone in 1982 to make the call to her friend.  It also weighed about 3 pounds which is not easy to carry around.

• Members

There were phones used prior to '83, my boss used one, they were not the same as the cells of today. As whbae has mentioned they weighed around 3 pounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mobile_phones

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

4 hours ago, phkrause said:

Exactly debby!! No one seems to be looking at this guy as to why trump picked him!!!!! There were plenty of other choices to pick from and who were qualified!!

It would not have mattered who they picked for the seat on the court. Even if he had picked a woman, she would have been abused by the leftists anxious to maintain a leftwing court. Democratic senators have already abused one woman who came before them in a confirmation hearing.

Justice Kavanaugh came well qualified and President Donald Trump is entitled by his office to pick the person he feels is best for the job. That is why his supporters sent him to Washington.

Here is another bit of info on just how evil some of these people are:

I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life.

They wanted to ruin him for the sake of ruining him because he didn't vote the way they wanted him to vote and because he was nominated by a president they go bonkers about. They didn't care about truth, or about justice. They just wanted to ruin someone.

And that sums up the entire problem with Democrats as they now try to dig out from their own rubble for the coming midterms. The left's game has been revealed in just that tweet. The mask is off. And one can only hope that voters remember.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/crazed_leftist_tweet_about_ruining_kavanaugh_gives_the_lefts_game_away.html

Also:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/stephen-colbert-late-show-writer-im-just-glad-we-ruined-brett-kavanaughs-life

And it seems many women are beginning to mobilize because they are tired of seeing the men in their lives get trashed by left wingers. As the "Donald" would say, "Really, really evil people":

Women to Crazed Feminists: We Will Fight You to Defend Our Men

Feminists have made a mistake assuming that they speak for all women. They don’t.

Many of us are mothers. We have sons whom we love and would defend to our last drop of blood.

We have husbands, fathers, brothers, and male friends we hold in high esteem. Kavanaugh referenced these relationships during his testimony when he pleaded with the committee to consider how they would respond if this happened to a man they loved.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/women-to-crazed-feminists-we-will-fight-you-to-defend-our-men/

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism