ClubAdventist is back!

Another Voice

Gregory Matthews

I read the article, which I thought was insightful and well written. Too bad most of these voices speak up only after retirement and their income is untouchable. That being said, he raised some very valuable points.

I can't help but agree with the author in that the GC has created their own monster by their actions. However I think that there is more to the creation of this situation than those points raised in the article. As I have worked for and attended (now past tense) the SDA church since...a very long time...

Many have encountered the situation in their local church where there is a conflict of some sort, with a pastor, teacher, other members, or they simply need information, or answers or whatever, and an appeal is made to the local Conference. In 9 out of 10 appeals, the conference DOES NOTHING. When they do act, they put you off. Then they want "Clarity" on the situation--"Remind me again what is happening?" Then "they'll get back to you." Then "Yes, we are taking steps..." And nothing changes. This scenario is repeated over and over, in every Conference and every Union and I have encountered it at the Division level.

So it comes as no surprise to me that Unions and Conferences are saying "Screw you. We'll do what we want."

* "Statistics" quoted above are my own, based on experience with said entities.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, The Wanderer said:

The problem, in my mind has never been anything to do with "womens" ordination; but rather one of a battle between unity and authority.

??

On 11/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, The Wanderer said:

imagine if the leadership had spent time urging the delegates to allow each Division or Union to permit the ordination of women pastors where it was felt feasible to do this for the sake of the furtherance of the gospel

Wanderer got this quote from somewhere else; but I agree with it.  If a given Division's culture has a problem with WO, let that Division (or Union, or Conference, or individual church) decide.  Why exacerbate a distraction to the true mission of the Church?