ClubAdventist is back!

Major Fire Damage

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

The current (November 9, 2018) fires in the Paradise area have caused major fire damage to SDA  property:

https://atoday.org/destruction-at-adventist-health-feather-river-as-paradise-california-burns-to-the-ground/

NOTE:  The news has just reported (6:30 AM) that the entire town of Paradise has been destroyed.

Gregory

• Members

Ooh!! That's sad!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

The following is a statement by the Northern California Conference as to the fire damage in Paradise.

http://nccsda.com/wp-content/uploads/CommunityServices/HelpingAfterParadiseFires.pdf

The Northern California Conference reported that all the pastors of Paradise Adventist Church lost their homes, as did the pastors of the Adventist churches in Orland/Willows and Magalia. The fires destroyed the homes of all the teachers at Paradise Adventist Academy except for one. The conference stressed that this information is subject to change as the situation in Butte County continues to evolve.

Gregory

• Moderators

The actual damage from the Paradise fires to the homes of SDA members and to denominational property in unknown. The Northern California dos not have accurate information on this, at this time.   Therefore, the statement that I make below is tentative and subject to revision as more information comes in:

It is believed that six (6)  homes of Adventist clergy, may have been destroyed in the Paradise fire, and it could be more.  No creditable estimate of the homes of SDA members who may have been destroyed is available.

Some denominational property is known to have been destroyed.  But, no creditable estimate is available at this time.

Gregory

• Members

The home and property of one of my academy friends has been completely destroyed at Malibu in the Woolsey Wildfire.  They lost everything.

• Sad 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

A SDA news release states that more than 1,300 SDA members hae been affected by the Paradise fire in California.

Civil authorities state that 631 people are missing and a bit less than 53,000 have been evacuated.

Gregory

• Members

That is so sad! Been praying for this situation to end!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

It is true that there are more than 1,000 people listed as missing.  It is not true that there are more than 1,000 missing people.

*  The civil authorities had several agencies who were taking the names of missing people.

*  Those several lists have now been combined into one list that does have more than 1,000 listed persons.

*  There are duplications.  In some cases, several relatives have called in the names of the same person.  In some cases, the same person has been  called in under variations of their name.

*  The civil authorities have not been able to eliminate the duplications.

*  In brief, no one knows exactly how many people are missing.

NOTE:  I am living close enough to the fire that I am getting local reports that are not fully reported by the national news media.  Every day, I am getting a 30 minute, detained report, that is not nationally reported by the news media, in full.

Gregory

• Members

Truly a sad sad situation!!

• Like 1

phkrause

There is an organization that has a church entitled "The Church of Jesus Christ of the Golden Rule"  with a mobile court open to the public in Northern California. When the fires came through this part of the state, they surrounded all four sides and as far as I am aware, did not touch one of the homes. While I'm sure they made some effort to protect there interests, I'm sure also the best protection they had was there reliance upon the Creator God  they were unashamed to serve, whose Son's  name is Jesus.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Colossians 3:15 NKJV

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members
1 hour ago, LifeHiscost said:

There is an organization that has a church entitled "The Church of Jesus Christ of the Golden Rule"  with a mobile court open to the public in Northern California. When the fires came through this part of the state, they surrounded all four sides and as far as I am aware, did not touch one of the homes. While I'm sure they made some effort to protect there interests, I'm sure also the best protection they had was there reliance upon the Creator God  they were unashamed to serve, whose Son's  name is Jesus.

This type of thinking is actually one of my pet peeves — the idea that homes or churches or businesses would be "saved" from a catastrophic occurrence (such as a wildfire) simply because the people who owned said property were Christians (or, better yet, members of the top-of-the-totem-pole denomination of Seventh-Day Adventist) .  Yeah, while the hand of God *can* protect via heavenly angels, that is SOLELY at the discretion of God.   If He is handing out "pre-heaven" rewards, then that smacks of favoritism and the thumbing of the heavenly nose at non-Christians who may actually be more giving, more nonjudgemental, more self-sacrificing than most Christians.

And I don't think that's how God goes about His business.

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

4 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

This type of thinking is actually one of my pet peeves — the idea that homes or churches or businesses would be "saved" from a catastrophic occurrence (such as a wildfire) simply because the people who owned said property were Christians (or, better yet, members of the top-of-the-totem-pole denomination of Seventh-Day Adventist) .  Yeah, while the hand of God *can* protect via heavenly angels, that is SOLELY at the discretion of God.   If He is handing out "pre-heaven" rewards, then that smacks of favoritism and the thumbing of the heavenly nose at non-Christians who may actually be more giving, more nonjudgemental, more self-sacrificing than most Christians.

And I don't think that's how God goes about His business.

I would rather peeve someone about the trust God asks us to have in Him than lose the blessings He promises to give.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

God is Love!~Jesus saves!

Lift Jesus up!!

2 minutes ago, LifeHiscost said:

I would rather peeve someone about the trust God asks us to have in Him than lose the blessings He promises to give.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

As well as: Matthew 7:7 [Full Chapter]

[ Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking ] “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Lift Jesus up!!

1 minute ago, LifeHiscost said:

As well as: Matthew 7:7 [Full Chapter]

[ Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking ] “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!:D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Life:  I would be interested in your documentation as to the fire and the Golden Rule congregation.

• Like 1

Gregory

On 11/22/2018 at 2:02 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

Life:  I would be interested in your documentation s to the fire and the Golden Rule congregation.

Sorry, other than the fact that the mobile court still stands, I only have access to hearsay from those that live there, unlike evidence of the town of Paradise somewhat further South in California. The quite heavy rains of the last two weeks have removed any present fire dangers.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-paradise-fire-victims-rain-20181127-story.html

The search for Paradise fire victims slows. Some may never be found

The search for Paradise fire victims slows. Some may never be found
Recovery teams search for human remains Sunday at Ridgewood Mobile Home Park in Paradise, Calif. (Gina Ferazzi / Los AngelesTimes)

As every day goes by, searchers are finding fewer human remains in the rubble of California’s deadliest wildfire.

At the same time, they are slowly narrowing the list of the missing, which on Monday stood at 203 yet still down by about 1,000 from last week.

But amid this work, authorities are coming to terms with the possibility that the search for victims of the Camp fire might never be complete and that some human remains won’t ever be recovered.

God is Love!~Jesus Saves   :prayer:

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

The Church of Jesus Christ of the Golden Rule:  The best that can be said about this group is that there seems to be a paucity of information related to it.

There is such a group listed at a Willits address in Northern California.  However, I have been unable to find a photograph of any such building.  The photographs that I find of the property where it is reported to be located are of ranch land that is mostly used as a business and memorial related to the horse Sea Biscuit.    While there may be building located on that property, none were in any of the photos that I viewed.  They did have people  jumping up into the air on fenced land.

I found it of interest that a note placed on the Internet stated than any person wanting to visit that church should telephone to verify that there was a building and a service at that location.

Gregory