ClubAdventist is back!

Is my take on God's Judgment Hour valid?

hch

1 hour ago, hch said:

know what I know and I know it because I have studied it rather than feasting on Pablum predigested by those who are passing it along without verifying all the details along the way.

Another example of you implying that you are smarter than any of us.

1 hour ago, hch said:

Though I rarely get loving feedback that is fact based, I get plenty of opinion that is inconsistent with Scripture. 

The bold section above would more accurately read "inconsistent with your view of scripture.

5 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Another example of you implying that you are smarter than any of us.

The bold section above would more accurately read "inconsistent with your view of scripture.

I directed all to inconsistent Scriptural interpretation. You redirected the conversation onto me.

All the while the clock is running down. Soon it will be too late for us to get into one accord. But it is not for my lack of trying.

Better to seek Truth while it may be found. To reason together instead of trying to justify pet ideas.

The video was posted and revised and reposted; the content is there for discussion.

Truth will withstand scrutiny. And error needs to be seen for what it is.

Christian regards

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

6 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Where does it say "the pope" or "Rome" explicitly?  Where is the mention of any countries or people groups outside of North Africa, Asia Minor, or the Middle East mentioned in eschatology?

Again, I'm not saying that the West or the Pope don't have a role in end-time prophecy;  I just can't accept your view of things.  It's just too convoluted.  I also trust that if by some chance you are correct, that God loves me enough that He will show it to me before the end.

The problem with that logic is that God is showing it to you through me and you find fault with me. So if God sends a message through a messenger that does not meet your approval, why would He bother to send it to you through someone else. I read that it is not evidence that some folks need... and another place "As it was in the days of Noah"...nobody outside his family received his message.

Did God send them someone else?

His child Henry 

14 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Where does it say "the pope" or "Rome" explicitly?  Where is the mention of any countries or people groups outside of North Africa, Asia Minor, or the Middle East mentioned in eschatology?

Again, I'm not saying that the West or the Pope don't have a role in end-time prophecy;  I just can't accept your view of things.  It's just too convoluted.  I also trust that if by some chance you are correct, that God loves me enough that He will show it to me before the end.

This may help you JoeMo: Revelation says that Babylon is fallen because of her fornication...Come out of her My people!

As the closing scenes of earth's history are being played out in our sight: The Roman Church is being investigated because of her FORNICATION. The priests' sex scandals will not go away. Almost daily there is a new fornication scandal From Boston, to New York, to Pennsylvania, and beyond, there are emerging reports of sexual misconduct between priests and young boys that go back 70 years.

And on 6 February 2019. Pope Francis confirmed that convents have imprisoned nuns as sex slaves for the priests.

Babylon has fallen! Her fornication is obvious. But you don't think that God has sufficiently named Babylon in prophecy for you to be able to know what He is revealing? 

The same spirit is seen today that is represented in Revelation 6:6-8. History is to be reenacted. That which has been will be again. This spirit works to confuse and to perplex. Dissension will be seen in every nation, kindred, tongue and people, and those who have not had a spirit to follow the light that God has given through His living oracles, through His appointed agencies, will become confused. Their judgment will reveal weakness. Disorder and strife and confusion will be seen in the church.  {4MR 152.1}  

His child Henry 

9 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Dont worry JoeMoe hch has just posted this on another forum too. Looks like thats all he has to say. Too bad he does not accept the truth that EGW would never condone his total misuse of her writings. For some reason he doesnt feel THAT truth is applicable to "the wise" as he calls himself over and over.

It is difficult to rightly divide the word, especially with Ellen's phraseology. But the Holy Spirit that inspired her will help us to read her aright. So don't get discouraged. Keep studying and praying. It can still come to you. 

His child Henry 

On 2/8/2019 at 10:45 PM, hch said:

The problem with that logic is that God is showing it to you through me and you find fault with me. So if God sends a message through a messenger that does not meet your approval,

This is very disturbing ... nuff said.

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 8:52 AM, phkrause said:

Here's the parable and you tell me where it says that 5 woke up and 5 woke up late?? From what I read it says they all woke up together!!

1 "The Kingdom of Heaven at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom. 
2 Five of them were foolish and five were sensible. 
3 The foolish ones took lamps with them but no oil, 
4whereas the others took flasks of oil with their lamps. 
5 Now the bridegroom was late, so they all went to sleep. 
6 It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, `The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!' 
7 The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 
8 The foolish ones said to the sensible ones, `Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.' 
9 `No,' they replied, `there may not be enough for both you and us. Go to the oil dealers and buy some for yourselves.' 
10 But as they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. Those who were ready went with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. 
11 Later, the other bridesmaids came. `Sir! Sir!' they cried, `Let us in!'
12 But he answered, `Indeed! I tell you, I don't know you!'

I was talking to an SDA Phd Sabbath about this very parable. He said when he did his dissertation that he found no command to wake up the virgins so that they could make a last minute effort to get ready for Christ to come.

I would point out: 

6 It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, `The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!' 
7 The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 
The KJV puts it: And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
There is a difference between the message that Christ is coming vs Christ is here. The response to the Midnight cry is of particular importance: The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting.

Those who are not hearing the Midnight cry NOW and who are not taking time to assess the condition of their lamps and the oil supply will not be able to do it with a satisfactory outcome at the last minute. Remember that to those who have more will be given and to those who have not, what little they have will be taken away. When the Holy Spirit is poured out in power, those who have will be given the latter rain dose to finish the work. Those who have not will not be prepared to receive more.

Now is the time to take inventory and to do the work that has not been done when we fell asleep. Now is the time to make sure that our oil is pure and to pray for an adequate supply to take us through the time of Trouble that will soon be upon us.

His child Henry