ClubAdventist is back!

La Sierra University Church Now Has a Sabbath School For Homosexuals

B/W Photodude

19 hours ago, Bravus said:

See, insinuating that I might be gay seems like an insult to you, because you consider gay people to be lesser human beings. I'm not gay, and I don't need to convince anyone of that, but it is not insulting to me, 

Well, if the shoe fits wear it. Wasn't sure why you felt the need to define yourself. I prefer these discussions to be relatively abstract without personal disclosures. But your comment does remind me of  the quote "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." This is a line from the play Hamlet by William Shakespeare.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

11 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The idea that some seem to be making that a SDA Sabbath School class study of a book said to promote homosexuality (whether correct or incorrect) is simply an assumption that  may be wrong.

We discussed books that included books published  within Adventism, because we wanted to better understand the issues that those books raised within the context of SDA and Biblical teachings.

Pundits may argue that he SDA class in question is attempting to promote homosexuality.

While it is true that the class may not have been promoting homosexuality, I would question the wisdom of using such a book during Sabbath school time. It is very possible that some in attendance may not be SDA or even be SDA new to the faith with an "immature" understanding of issues. Many ideas could be promoted during such a class that could deceive some in the class. And to seriously discuss such a book could lead some to believe it has some credibility or support within the denomination. I think it was an ill-advised move on the part of leadership to allow such an occurrence. If they had actually run out of things to seriously study from the Bible, you might be able to consider it. But since it is said we will throughout eternity learning more about God, I think there was no need to use this book. As asked, regarding this book, "What could go wrong?!"

Bill Liversidge Seminars

16 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

While it is true that the class may not have been promoting homosexuality, I would question the wisdom of using such a book during Sabbath school time.

If that's the way you feel, then you probably should never attend that SS Class.  I feel the same way about female pastors - if someone doesn't like them, they should go to a church with a male pastor.  If they don't like contemporary Christian music accompanied by guitars and drums, they should go to a church that sings hymns played on a piano or organ.  There are all sorts of different cultures and all sorts of churches that will cater to them.  Who am I to comment on anyone else's "issues"?  I have enough issues of my own to keep me busy.

That being said, I personally would have no interest in attending the class being discussed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/14/2019 at 5:32 PM, B/W Photodude said:

It is often claimed that women being ordained to the ministry will be followed up by push for LGBT+ acceptance. Then you see it happening right before your very eyes!

La Sierra University Church Now Has a Sabbath School For Homosexuals

Awesome!!!  Making a difference in the community is what we need to be about.  I pray God blesses this Sabbath School.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

3 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

"Acceptable behavior" in church should cover everyone, not just certain ones. Know what I mean?

Sure.  But in a general cultural sense, it is acceptable for heterosexual couples to openly hold hands in church.  It is not generally socially acceptable for gay couples to openly hold hands in church.  It's generally socially acceptable for heterosexual couples to openly exchange a quick peck on the cheek or lips in church.  Should we allow gay couples to do the same thing for "equality's" sake?  I think not.  It just softens the church to eventually accept more gay behavior.

3 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

There are people who are not "one of us" who are really into the Word that we could take lessons from.

?

20 hours ago, Shane said:

Awesome!!!  Making a difference in the community is what we need to be about.  I pray God blesses this Sabbath School.

With all due respect, I do not believe you have read the entirety of the thread. This is a KinshipSDA backed class and Kinship has a history of affirming people in their homosexuality as an acceptable Christian behavior. Kinship is not about people making that kind of change.

Bill Liversidge Seminars