ClubAdventist is back!

$273,000 Embezzled

Gregory Matthews

Very sad. Wonder how she can possible repay it all since I would assume she spent it?  Quarter of a million dollars is a lot of money to repay!

-Jason

Youtube.com/narcah

Another woman walks away from the scene of the crime with no jail time. If it had been a man, he would have been in jail. There is a word for this situation which is not safe for Adventistan.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

47 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

BUT it was a man that sentenced her, and it looks like he was simply following standard precedent and legal guidelines in the case.

Men have been noted to be easier on women than female judges.

Early studies of women on trial courts, including one conducted by researchers at Indiana State University in Terre Haute, found female judges tend to impose harsher sentences in criminal cases than their male counterparts.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2019/03/08/women-judges-tougher-than-men-what-studies-show/3102148002/

You may want to research "gender disparity in sentencing" as overall, men are much more likely to be sentence to prison. Not that men don't commit a lot of crimes, but women coming up for the same crime are likely to get less or even no jail time.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago, when the Colporteur work was a respectable career, I met the top seller in the NA division, perhaps beyond. I asked him how he sold so many books and he just looked at me. Later, I discovered that the system was set up so that Colporteurs who took books on their own account were credited with the sale of those books, even though they didn't actually sell them. People in the work who knew the man said his garage was piled high with books he hadn't sold but was credited with selling.

In order to qualify for denominational benefits, one must have sold so many dollars worth of books a month to acquire sustentation, tuition allowance for children, insurance, gasoline discounts and whatever other benefits were being provided. The guy was involved in a massive fraud. Although I had no personal knowledge at the time, the story was later confirmed by two independent sources familiar with the situation.

Financial fraud has been going on in the the denomination for a long time. Probably many posters have interesting stories to tell, which I'm not encouraging. Reports of this nature shouldn't be a surprise.