ClubAdventist is back!

Who's fooling who?

hch

6 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

OK It is always good to be reminded to read the prophecies carefully. Did you read in my last post where I said "Its not that I dont believe what we have been taught?"

1/ We too often are getting our TENSES mixed up when we RECITE the prophecies. It is better to interpret the prophecies, according to scripture.

2/ Everything does have a "spiritual" context to it, or it wouldnt be in the Bible

3/

I would hope so, but what is not plain in most "prophecy" that we are seeing now, is where did Jesus go? He is conspicuously MISSING from most RECITALS of prophecy. No one verse, or set of verses can be used to divorce them from the "Christ crucified" context of prophecy, and that truly is a crying shame when thats all that the world can see being done. The very ones who will be deceived the most will be all the beast watchers and self-appointed religious "Poobahs" all affronted because Gods people dont want to sit around and bark at the moon, howling about the beast and his mark. The most foul prophecy there is would be the ones that have "no room at the Inn" for The Lord of their prophecy.

By isolating the last verse of Rev 17, for one example, from the rest of HIS-STORY, (prophecy) we encumber the very people Jesus is calling out (Rev 18:4), just to keep on supporting our beast watch "ministry." The STIGMA and BIGOTRY that the Beast Bombers in the church have been whipping the "my people" (of Rev 18:4) with simply closes the very doors to the very church they would come to if we would just settle down, rest in Jesus, and let Him do the work we should know very well we cannot do. If you dont believe me then why do you attend a SHRINKING Church?

Again, the most important truth in the searching of the scriptures, is "Christ and Him crucified," and all other truths are invested with power & influence, according to their relation to this theme. (see Gal 6:14, and many others).

Wander: I am sorry but I am truly lost in your comment. My point is that we need to focus on what the Scriptures say. So many tries to interpret the Bible when it says don't! That is why we have so many denominations. All want to read it the way they want instead of what Gabriel said! The word spiritually is truly not the best word used. The scribes actually should have said divinely or figuratively instead. It is these words that are so misleading and causes confusion. Everything giving in the Bible is SPIRITUALLY from THE HOLY SPIRIT! I should have explained that as well and I didn't. I am truly sorry!

Be bless!

6 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

This IS a racist comment. To the core. I can name people "from the east" who would also fit into that category 5 storm.

How is Westerners racist? I from the West and so are you! It is the thought and historians use it all the time? Western Civilization is in history books!

Blessings! 

7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

This IS a racist comment. To the core. I can name people "from the east" who would also fit into that category 5 storm.

Many who have come to America, one way or another, do not embrace the oneness concept of America or that they are part of Western civilization. Western civilization is just a code word for white Europeans. So, yeah, it could indeed be a racist comment, except anytime you are dumping on whites, we know it can’t be racist!

• Sad 1

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Wanderer: Here is how the dictionaries read - Westerner (plural westerners) A native or inhabitant of the west of a region (or of the world as a whole). A native or inhabitant of the West, of the Western world—Europe and North America. Wiktionary

Not a racist thought in my bones! If you have any question please get back with me. I use this word because all history books state that Catholicism started in the West! The Papacy ruled states in Europe and then the religion spread to North and South America which all are in the West! Protestant Reformation started in Europe and came to North America, that is history! I just want reassure you of my intentions!

Blessings!

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

Some historians/scholars are starting to point out that there are a lot of racist comments in history books.

Some historians and scholars are also saying that our forefathers in this country were evil men; and that the U.S, was not founded upon Judeo-Christian principles.  What is considered "racist" now was just considered "history" for 100 years.

That being said, history books would look a lot different if the South had won the Civil War, or the Germans/Japanese would have won WWII.

13 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Its OK  If you didnt watch Fred Flintstone when you were growing up, my comment might be a little confusing. :)

I did and I loved it and miss it!?

23 hours ago, hch said:

Yet while it was not given to the prophets to understand fully the things revealed to them, they earnestly sought to obtain all the light which God had been pleased to make manifest.

This is a challenge that we must not take lightly.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

On 5/22/2019 at 12:49 AM, stinsonmarri said:

Again, people want to make the prophecy in the Bible to be anything but what it says. It does not say spiritual Babylon at all!

In the endtime, the 2nd angel's message in Revelation 14 is Babylon is fallen, in fallen. That message met its fulfillment in 1844 even though literal Babylon fell in 538 BC (if memory serves me right).

When the message is repeated in 18:4, the call "come out of her My people" -- it is unlikely that it is a call to come out of literal Babylon that does not exist when the warning message is prophetically meeting history in the endtime.

Though the RC is Babylon, it has been in a fallen condition for centuries. Thus, Babylon is also symbolic of  the condition of Christendom in the endtimes. When churches are uniting with the RC while its fornication scandals link her to the call to come out of fornicating Babylon, it is clear that the message is to come out a power that is fornicating in the endtime. The obvious is obvious. To spiritualize away the literal is as dangerous as looking for a literal fulfillment for a prophecy that is spiritual 

Do not misread the intent of my thought. Babylon was literal. it is now spiritual. Fleeing Babylon is literal, but it is a spiritual flight away from a power that is no longer subject to the law of God, because it is in rebellion against Him. 

When the dust settles, the problem will be where to go when we leave Babylon? When God's people "flood" into His church during the shaking time, those who are not true to Him will be shaken out and His Church will then be empowered do HIs will in a might way. 

As there is a literal message, there is a spiritual message. This will be addressed more as we continue. My GOAL is to discern the complete final message and understand what applies to me -- so that I can comply with God's command and FLEE BABYLON in whatever application that God would apply to me.

His child Henry 

The Gift of Prophecy

In Bible times, God has had prophets and prophetesses: “he [is] a prophet” (Genesis 20:7), “a prophetess…judged Israel” (Judges 4:4, ed), and “Anna, a prophetess” (Luke 2:36). But after the Apostles died, what happened to the prophets and the prophetesses that God promised would arise in the endtime? As sure as, evangelists, pastors, and teachers are still in the church today, God did not do away with apostles or prophets. The Apostle Paul said they ALL are to be in the church: “Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God” (Ephesians 4:13). Has the church arrived at the unity of the faith? No.

The Scriptures clearly state that prophesying is a gift. It was also displayed periodically during Bible times. That gift was withdrawn from God’s people from the time of the writing of Malachi to Matthew’s day (about 450 years). Then came the Apostles. God “gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers” (Ephesians 4:11). The gift of prophecy has rarely been seen since the time of the Apostles, but it is prophesied to reemerge in the Church in the last days, just before Christ’s Second Advent:

I [am] the LORD your God…And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also, upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit (Joel 2:27-29).

A religion major attending the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (a non-denominational school) informed me: “You cannot study Christianity in America without encountering Ellen White.” Was she a prophetess?

She began life as Ellen G. Harmon. She had awaited Christ’s Second Advent in 1843 and 44 after hearing of it from the preaching of William Miller, a Baptist minister, who had traveled through New England teaching from his study of the book of Daniel that Christ’s Advent was imminent.

After Christ had not come in 1844, Ellen White began having visions in 1845. She learned that Jesus had not come at the times that Miller had calculated because Daniel was not predicting Christ’s Advent at those times. Miller had the right times from his prophetic study, but the wrong event. Both 1843 and 44 were the correct prophetic times, but the event was the cleansing of the Sanctuary in Heaven, when the books in Heaven were opened to review the deeds of the dead and the living to confirm the identity of God’s saints.

Christ had promised that: “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels.” “And behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be” (Revelation 3:5; 22:12).

Ellen Harmon married James White. They published her writings as the Spirit of Prophecy. Ellen G. White wrote for 70 years (1845 to 1915). Though she is virtually unknown, she is undeniably, America’s most prolific woman author.

His child Henry 

4 hours ago, hch said:

In the endtime, the 2nd angel's message in Revelation 14 is Babylon is fallen, in fallen. That message met its fulfillment in 1844 even though literal Babylon fell in 538 BC (if memory serves me right).

When the message is repeated in 18:4, the call "come out of her My people" -- it is unlikely that it is a call to come out of literal Babylon that does not exist when the warning message is prophetically meeting history in the endtime.

Though the RC is Babylon, it has been in a fallen condition for centuries. Thus, Babylon is also symbolic of  the condition of Christendom in the endtimes. When churches are uniting with the RC while its fornication scandals link her to the call to come out of fornicating Babylon, it is clear that the message is to come out a power that is fornicating in the endtime. The obvious is obvious. To spiritualize away the literal is as dangerous as looking for a literal fulfillment for a prophecy that is spiritual 

Do not misread the intent of my thought. Babylon was literal. it is now spiritual. Fleeing Babylon is literal, but it is a spiritual flight away from a power that is no longer subject to the law of God, because it is in rebellion against Him. 

When the dust settles, the problem will be where to go when we leave Babylon? When God's people "flood" into His church during the shaking time, those who are not true to Him will be shaken out and His Church will then be empowered do HIs will in a might way. 

As there is a literal message, there is a spiritual message. This will be addressed more as we continue. My GOAL is to discern the complete final message and understand what applies to me -- so that I can comply with God's command and FLEE BABYLON in whatever application that God would apply to me.

hch: Babel never fell, you are talking about the kingdom of Nebuchadnezzar and YAHWEH is not! The Bible is using the Babel that Nimrod built that city and empire was greater than any empire on this earth! No man ruled the earth like this man and formed one false religion that sprung multiple false religions across the earth. All religions are false and are against THE MOST HIGH! Yes, I said it because YAHWEH is about worship and not about religions! All religions do is to cause separation and division! The Bible never told you about one true religion, it said one true faith and worship! I am an IsraEL because I am overcoming my sins. My faith is accepting the Seventh-day and in the Advent, the second coming of YAHSHUA!

You see you accept Strong's Babylon of the Chaldeans which is Hebrew G897 and did not go to the root of the word. Strong gives it Hebrew 894 and even tells you that it is the Hebrew origin which is Babel that means confusion. The uncage birds are many Protestants religions who are a mixture of confusion, the papacy is the core who adapted Nimrod original belief system-the first false religion! YAHWEH is the ONE who says now Jerusalem has become a city of confusion-Babel! False Judaism is there, this religion was founded by the Pharisees known today as Rabbinical! Islam is a mixture of Aryan and Hebrew belief. Take time to read about Islam and the mother mary which is related to the Catholic Church you will be surprised! They like the Jews believe that YAHSHUA was a prophet! There are more between the two! Now the whore rules Jerusalem today with Christmas and Easter celebration and the crucifix it is unbelievable! They own large properties in Israel from the time of Richard the Lionheart you need to read how the Islamic Sultan negotiated with him!

The Sovereign Magistral Order of the Temple of Solomon recognizes that our Muslim colleagues in the tradition of Saladin historically embodied and promoted the same Codes of Honour as the Knights Templar. Despite popular misconceptions, it is a historical fact that the original Templar Order found common bonds of unity with the Muslim (Saracen) Knights of Saladin, rooted in shared ancient principles of Chivalry and spiritual Faith. Accordingly, members of the modern Order also know that both traditions continue to be connected and remain united in mutual respect and interfaith cooperation...

It cannot be emphasized enough – for the deeper Truth to finally be toldthat neither alleged “religious differences” nor “religion” itself were ever the actual cause of such military conflict. Rather, it was always the unlawful provocations by secular officials, who falsely abused merely superficial religious ideas, to manufacture false Christian-Muslim conflicts, creating artificial situations which forced honorable Knights to have to fight battles which they otherwise would never have supported.

Fighting to defend the European Kingdom of Jerusalem was merely a way for the Knights Templar to obtain funding and support from various European Kings and the Vatican, by meeting the strategic need which was in pressing demand during their time. Such fighting would have been done with or without the Templars. However, by becoming the best military force to meet that need, the Templar Order was able to finance their real priority missions, empowering them to advance their archaeology, preserve the ancient knowledge as the heritage of humanity, and influence all of European civilization with positive humanitarian and chivalric values. The Order of the Temple of Solomon, the original historical institution of the legendary Knights Templar, founded in 1118 AD

Jerusalem has been the battle twice before and it will be again, but this time it will be cast into the sea. It has been a babel of confusion too long and her judgment has reached to Heaven and the final battle of Armageddon between the whore and the beast will seal her fate. I don't know how many know that the temple is not in the city. The man of sin, the beast will sit in the temple to claim his triumph over the whore! The false prophet will nuke the city and the Bible said a mighty angel will come down and finish her off and cast her into the sea! Don't be fool YAHWEH Word will not come back void!

Blessings!

PS: The Order of Legendary Knights Templar is now online and the truth just finally came out for the public!

13 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

You see you accept Strong's Babylon of the Chaldeans which is Hebrew G897 and did not go to the root of the word.

Dear Sister,

I accept that which is revealed in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy.

"Babylon is fallen, is fallen."  That is a message declaring that Babylon is FALLEN. It does not agree whit what you have written 

13 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Babel never fell

The term Babylon, derived from Babel, and signifying confusion, is applied in Scripture to the various forms of false or apostate religion. But the message announcing the fall of Babylon must apply to some religious body that was once pure, and has become corrupt. It cannot be the Romish Church which is here meant; for that church has been in a fallen condition for many centuries. But how appropriate the figure as applied to the Protestant churches, all professing to derive their doctrines from the Bible, yet divided into almost innumerable sects. The unity for which Christ prayed does not exist. Instead of one Lord, one faith, one baptism, there are numberless conflicting creeds and theories. Religious faith appears so confused and discordant that the world know not what to believe as truth. God is not in all this; it is the work of man,--the work of Satan.  {4SP 232.2} 

In Revelation 17, Babylon is represented as a woman, a figure which is used in the Scriptures as the symbol of a church. A virtuous woman represents a pure church, a vile woman an apostate church. Babylon is said to be a harlot; and the prophet beheld her drunken with the blood of saints and martyrs. The Babylon thus described represents Rome, that apostate church which has so cruelly persecuted the followers of Christ. But Babylon the harlot is the mother of daughters who follow her example of corruption. Thus are represented those churches that cling to the doctrines and traditions of Rome and follow her worldly practices, and whose fall is announced in the second angel's message.  {4SP 233.1}  

The RC that has been in a fallen state for centuries is Babylon. The Apostate Protestant churches that are flocking back to the mother church are Babylon. And since the Scriptures use the term Babylon to identify both the RC and the apostate churches as well as all false religions, it is important to understand the context to understand what the Scriptures are referring to.

Christian regards,

Hch

His child Henry 

It bears repeating. "Babylon is fallen, is fallen COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE."

God's people must know what is meant by Babylon or they cannot flee from it. "Babylon is fallen" was evident when it received the deadly wound in 1798. The wound was healed in 1929 and it fell again "is fallen, is fallen" in 2013. 

The hour of the Judgment of the dead based on 1/12th of a 1000-year day is 83 years 4 months. When the Hour of His Judgment began on 22 October 1844, BABYLON WAS FALLEN. the Judgment of the dead church continued for 83 years 4 months until 22 February 1928. Then the dead church had its deadly wound healed. By June 1929 Babylon WAS ALIVE AGAIN. The kingdom was restored to the popes. 

On the Day of atonement 14 October 1929, the judgment of the living Babylon commenced at the house of God. That Judgment hour based on a 1000 year/day extended for 83 years 4 months until 14 February 2013 when the message in Revelation 18:4 was repeated. "Babylon is fallen, Come out of her My people! "

Failing to understand the message of the hour will have sever consequences for those who do not recognize Babylon and who fail to flee from her. 

His child Henry 

19 hours ago, hch said:

I accept that which is revealed in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy.

"Babylon is fallen, is fallen."  That is a message declaring that Babylon is FALLEN. It does not agree whit what you have written 

You accept a word that is not the correct word. It is Babel that is fallen!

And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. Gen 10:10 

I am still occasionally puzzled at the way proper names and places have been transliterated in our Bibles. Transliteration is when a translator writes out a Hebrew or Greek word phonetically in English. What puzzles me is when translators use different transliterations for the exact same name or place (e.g., this article I wrote a couple of years ago still gets hits daily: “Judah and Judas Are the Same Name“).

Today we look at one of those bizarre occurrences: Babel and Babylon. If you were to read these two names in your Bible, I wouldn’t blame you for assuming they are different places. But they’re not. Babel and Babylon are the same city.

In fact, Babel is a transliteration of the Hebrew word בָּבֶל (“Ba-bel”), while Babylon comes from the Greek Βαβυλῶνος (“Babylonos”). In all 233 occurrences of Babel in the Old Testament, it is translated Babylon in Greek. What is more, both the ancient Babel in Genesis 10-11 and the more recent Babylon of Daniel’s day are said to be located in the plains of Shinar (Gen. 10:10; 11:2; Daniel 1:2).

Why does this matter? Well, not so much for archeological reasons as theological ones. Consider this: if we understand that Babel and Babylon are the same city then…

At Babel, we also have the beginning of the kingdom of this world. Headed by the mighty hunter Nimrod, Babel becomes the archetype of every earthly kingdom to follow.

So, when we turn to the final book of the Bible, it makes sense why John the Revelator personifies the Kingdom of Earth as the great whore Babylon. This city embodies the boastful, wicked pride of man. Babel and Babylon Are the Same City; By Chad Ashby

Here a Baptist Pastor was on the correct path that you fail to see! The term Babylon is the Greek word for Babel, it didn't derive from it. That is understanding languages, my friend!

EGW is not THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY she wrote four volumes on THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY which is YAHSHUA. What I have a problem is that many pick and choose certain things from EGW and take them out of context. EGW was a woman that was on a path of understanding Biblical truth. She as did others brought views from their former churches that were errors that they did not know nor understood. Just before she died, she was realized through THE HOLY SPIRIT not to hold on to views they thought to be true that might be errors. She was inspired to write and to warn us not to become like the papacy or the Pharisees in YAHSHUA'S day, holding on to doctrines and traditions that were not in the Bible! So I leave her words!

We should not study the Bible for the purpose of sustaining our preconceived opinions, but with the single object of learning what God’s has said.  Some have feared that if in even a single point they acknowledge themselves in error; other minds would be led to doubt the whole theory of truth.

Therefore, they have felt that investigation should not be permitted, that it would tend to dissension and disunion. But if such is to be the result of investigation, the sooner it comes the better. If there are those whose faith in God’s WORD will not stand the test of an investigation of the Scriptures, the sooner they are revealed the better; for then the way will be opened to show them their error. We cannot hold that a position once taken, an idea once advocated, is not, under any circumstances, to be relinquished. There is but ONE WHO IS INFALLIBLE--HE who is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. TM p. 105

We must not think, ‘Well we have all the truth, we understand the main pillars of our faith, and we may rest on this knowledge.’ The truth is an advancing truth, and we must walk in the increasing light...Some have asked me if I thought there was any more light for the people of God. Our minds have become so narrow that we do not seem to understand that Jesus has a mighty work to do for us. Increasing light is to shine upon us; for the ‘path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. Councils to Writers and Editors, pp. 33-35

We must not for a moment think that there is no more light, no more truth, to be given us. We are in danger of becoming careless by our indifference losing the sanctifying power of truth and composing ourselves with the thought, ‘I am rich, and increased with goods and have need of nothing’ Rev. 3:17. While we must hold fast to the truths which we have already received, we must not look with suspicion upon any new light that God may send. GW, p. 310

Now here is the way the matter [is] represented; but when there is “I do not care,” and going right contrary to the light that God has given in HIS Word—I do not ask you to take my word; I do not ask you to do it; lay Sister White right to one side; you lay her right to one side. Do you not—never quote my words again as long as you live, until you can obey the Bible. When you take the Bible and make that, make that your food, your meat, and your drink, and make that the elements of your character—when you can do that, then you will know better how to receive some counsel from God. But here the Word, the precious Word, I exalt it before you today; and do not go and repeat any more what Sister White said—“Sister White said this,” and “Sister White said that,” and “Sister White said the other thing;” you say, “What saith Lord God of Israel?” and then you do just what Lord God of Israel does and what HE says. Christ says: “I do the works of MY FATHER; the works that I see HIM do, I do. Manuscript Releases, vol. 5 [Nos. 260-346]

Blessings to you hch!

On 5/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, JoeMo said:

Hi Marri,

I don't know if your picture is really you; but if it is, you look mature enough to remember when racism was blatant in this country.  Those were terrible times.  I was a high school/college student in those days; and even then I was appalled at how white folks treated people of color.  You have to admit, things are much better now than they were 50 years ago.  Yet latent racism works both ways.  Yes, there are still groups of white racists.  But it works both ways.  There are also still groups of African-Americans who hate all (or most) white folks.  Same goes for Latinos.

Due to sensitivities, I think many of us take innocent (although maybe not PC) comments to be racial slurs.  I prefer to think most of us here on AS are not racist; and some of our allegedly unsavory comments are  due to cultural differences; and not racism.  For example, most of my Hispanic friends have no problem with teasing each other about cultural and racial differences.  However, with very few exceptions, I don't find that true with my black friends.  Just an observation from my personal experience.  For example, I invited some black friends over for a "picnic".  They were very offended and refused to come. I asked why, and they explained to me the origin of the word "picnic".  Next time I invited them over was for to "grill in the back yard".  They were okay with that.  But it was cultural ignorance - not racism - that caused me to invite them to a "picnic".

I know this is off topic.

Joe: I miss this and you are correct, there are Blacks who hate and are dangerous as well. But, in defense of black folks hatred is mainly because of how we have been treated. However, that does not justify hurting or killing anyone! That's what happened to me, and I only hurt my own people. Even using the N-word was bringing my people and myself down as well! Nothing good comes from hatred and the best example is Satan hating HIS CREATOR because HE wanted HIS CREATOR to make HIM equal with HIS SON! 

I am mortified over the words "picnic over grill?" I have never heard of such in my life! That got me friend. There are times when people will get angry over the stupidest things for no reason. I have been saying picnic all of my life and will continue to do so! You know ignorance is bliss and that's with all people, nation and tongues brother. I get on by black folks for some of their ridiculous reasons to blame everything on European or White people. You have to do your part in society yourself, no one is better than the other period! Yes, I stand up for the wrong and the untrue history about Ham's children, and I also stand up for the justice of Japheth children who die so I can be free! I will never forget that and none of us should! Love is colorful and is spreads joy to all. I think of people as I do flowers or fruit, even the different shades of the sky! We are a rainbow of love and that is where I stand and to be truthful to everyone! Oh! I wish I could have come to your picnic!

Blessings!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

You accept a word that is not the correct word. It is Babel that is fallen!

In Revelation 18:10 & 21 "city Babylon" is written. Was not the book of Revelation was written in Greek? EGW makes it clear as I noted in the quote below. With all of the words that you wrote that only confuse the issue: What saying?

On 5/27/2019 at 4:47 AM, hch said:

The term Babylon, derived from Babel, and signifying confusion, is applied in Scripture to the various forms of false or apostate religion. But the message announcing the fall of Babylon must apply to some religious body that was once pure, and has become corrupt. It cannot be the Romish Church which is here meant; for that church has been in a fallen condition for many centuries. But how appropriate the figure as applied to the Protestant churches, all professing to derive their doctrines from the Bible, yet divided into almost innumerable sects. The unity for which Christ prayed does not exist. Instead of one Lord, one faith, one baptism, there are numberless conflicting creeds and theories. Religious faith appears so confused and discordant that the world know not what to believe as truth. God is not in all this; it is the work of man,--the work of Satan.  {4SP 232.2} 

His child Henry 

Marri,

Reading your post to Wanderer, I grasp the point you are making: You do not understand the things that I have been presenting the same way that I do and thus you assume that I must be wrong and misinterpreting the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy. Over the past 20 years that we have been corresponding on various forums, we have had the opportunity to disagree about several things.

Jesus said, "How readest thou?" He will not judge me by your reading of Scripture.

When the dust is settled one of us will be right unless we come to unity of faith, then both of us can be right

His child Henry 

Ellen G. White

Ellen G. White and her writings influenced Christianity worldwide. Eyewitnesses reported a miraculous Bible study when she held a large family Bible up with one hand and turned the pages with the other while looking Heavenward. She would point to a specific text and say it aloud, and then she would turn to another text while still looking away and repeat the process until the study was done.

In 1970, Ellen’s grandson, Arthur White, told me about that miracle and the testimony of those who had seen it. He showed me the very Bible that Ellen had held up. It was more like an unabridged dictionary than a Bible that we use today.

How could a woman of average size hold a heavy Bible up like that? It must have weighed about as much as three gallons of milk; being held high to one side with one hand while her head was turned heavenward; while pointing to the texts and quoting them verbatim. There is no comparison.

In addition to this manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the life of Ellen White, her relationship with the Lord allowed her to be used mightily. Could she have been a prophetess?

Google her. Some who have rejected Ellen White speak negatively of her appearance and criticize her in other ways. Notice how her Christian life and writings have blessed society: With good health through hospitals like Loma Linda, education through the Seventh-day Adventist school system that circles the globe, sound Bible teachings that exalt Jesus, and prosperity by showing folks how to better themselves in fulfillment of God’s word: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” (3 John 1:2). Ellen White gave meaning to Peter’s instruction to Christians, “whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation” (1 Peter 2:12).

God wants us to know what is for our best interest. He sends us prophecy to guide us and people to instruct us.

Nothing in the Bible forbids Ellen White from being a prophetess. If her prophetic insights agree with the Bible, failing to read and heed her writings is like ignoring the speed limit while speeding past a highway patrol car.

His child Henry 

• Moderators

A myth, as I use the term may be either true or false.   A myth should not be  considered automaticly to be false.

The following quote is part of that myth that surrounds Adventism and Ellen White.  It should be pointed out that truth is not established by a miracle.   A miracle may have a source that is not from God.  On this basis, one should not base their belief in something  on an alleged miracle.

Some Seventh-day Adventist historians today,  believe that this story of EGW and the Bible  is not substantiated.  IOW, we can not be certain that it actually happened.  Perhaps it did happen.   But, perhaps it did not happen.

Therefore, I will suggest that we should take with caution any suggestion that it did happen.  But, if it did, so what?  That would not establish that God was the source. 

Ellen G. White and her writings influenced Christianity worldwide. Eyewitnesses reported a miraculous Bible study when she held a large family Bible up with one hand and turned the pages with the other while looking Heavenward. She would point to a specific text and say it aloud, and then she would turn to another text while still looking away and repeat the process until the study was done.

• Like 2

Gregory

• Moderators

The following quote is what A.G. Daniels, President of the General Conference, said on July 19, 1919:

Now with reference to the evidences: I differ with some of the brethren who have put together proofs or evidences of the genuineness of this gift. In this respect, I believe that the strongest proof is found in the fruits of this gift to the church, not in physical and outward demonstrations. For instance, I have heard some ministers preach, and have seen it in writing, that Sister White once carried a heavy Bible, I believe they said it weighed 40 pounds and on her out-stretched hand, and looking up toward the heavens quoted texts and turned the leaves over and pointed to the texts, with her eyes toward the heavens. I do not know whether that was ever done or not. I am not sure. I did not see it, and I do not know that I ever talked with anybody that did see it. But, brethren, I do not count that sort of thing as a very great proof. I do not think that is the best kind of evidence. If I were a stranger in an audience, and heard a preacher enlarging on that, I would have my doubts. That is, I would want to know if he saw it. He would have to say, No, he never did. Then I would ask, ‘Did you ever see the man that did see it?’ And he would have to answer, ‘No, I never did.’ Well, just how much of that is genuine, and how much has crawled into the story - I do not know. But I do not think that is the kind of proof we want to use.]

Gregory

• Moderators

The White Estate has the Bible that it is  said that EGW held above her head.  It has been weighed at 18 1/2 pounds.    That is less than the 3 gallons of milk that HCH says is the minimum that the Bible weighs.  It is far less than the 40 pounds that has been alleged to be its weight.

What this demonstrates is that even if there is some truth in this myth, there is also error.  The story that  we have today can not be depended upon.

Gregory

10 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Love is colorful and is spreads joy to all. I think of people as I do flowers or fruit, even the different shades of the sky! We are a rainbow of love and that is where I stand and to be truthful to everyone! Oh! I wish I could have come to your picnic!

Bless you, sister Marri!  This is such a beautiful picture!  You are a sweet, loving, and passionate sister in Christ.  I wish you could picnic (or grill) with us sometime!  Maybe in the Kingdom?

3 hours ago, hch said:

In Revelation 18:10 & 21 "city Babylon" is written. Was not the book of Revelation was written in Greek? EGW makes it clear as I noted in the quote below. With all of the words that you wrote that only confuse the issue: What saying?

The problem is that you do not listen to EGW when she says to take the Bible. You put her words over the Bible. If she is telling you that new light and understanding will come in the future you do not understand her at all. As I said earlier EGW wrote many things that were understood in her day. The pioneers, all of them open up the path for us to continue to follow by praying and allowing THE HOLY SPIRIT to lead us. The tools we have today allows us to correct the errors of the past. The reason why so many of our young people have left the church is many of the elders and leader putting this woman above the Bible. She pleaded time and time again not to do so, but to no avail. In her book, TM she also wrote about Daniel and Revelation and again, THE HOLY SPIRIT revealed to her that these books were not understood and would be just before YAHSHUA comes! She was correct, the true Hebrew language and its transliteration have open the way for a better understanding of truth. Yes, it has corrected many of the errors of the past. However, many have refused to accept that the SDA church has made errors like it is perfect and it is not! We like Israel doing the time of YAHSHUA do not see that our ways are not HIS and perfection comes through HIM! We overlook Eze Chapter Nine and Twenty Two!

Moses death was hidden because they would have worship his grave over THE ALMIGHTY MOST HIGH! It is sad that when YAHWEH uses someone we look to them instead of unto THE ONE WHO gave the person the message. We act as if others are not able to receive truth or knowledge from THE HOLY SPIRIT unless they have some unusual powers. THE HOLY SPIRIT uses many people and have a diversity of gifts and some or chosen today to understand SPIRITUAL WISDOM! Many are called, but few are chosen because of blindness and pride holding on to doctrines and traditions that cannot save you!

You cannot see that in the 1800s a spiritually minded woman used the word derive because knowledge was beginning to increase but not to its fullest potential! Now it is known that the Greek word is the same as the original Paleo Hebrew word Babel. Satan wanted the name Nimrod and confusion to be forgotten collectively! Babel was to be understood as again a defiant people against truth! Human beings represented the number six, losing the number seven perfection and Nimrod was the beast and six first! The next imperfection number six was the papacy who collected the false religion of Nimrod back together and her daughters only changed a little but will be a part of their evil mother again! After losing her political powers or kingdom she held on to her ecclesiastic powers which were the most important part of her existence! All was the Will of THE MOST HIGH to show that only HE should be worship and HIS Law and Commandments are forever! HIS SON does the work of HIS FATHER and HE died to prove this point!

The final imperfect six is the beast, who will eradicate all evil religions and expose Satan's true intentions like the image of Nebuchadnezzar. For the final time, he will use this man to do his will. He allows the beast to have his power, seat, and authority to stop all religions on the earth. He calls up a false prophet, that has power and these two foes work together and declare that only the beast must be worship! The papacy and her daughters must be destroyed because they claim that their mother is god and they two have powers. All the other nations, people and tongues who rejected truth follows the beast.

The true god will win the final battle on earth and Armageddon has begun. The beast wins the battle, sits in the Temple, but wait, he is not Satan! Satan's diabolical plan is to use the beast to defeat the one he used to teach and train the beast! That's how he works, using human beings for his ultimate goal; then he turns on them and stabbed them in the back when they are no use to him anymore! Now, its time and the false prophet tells the people to make an image to the beast. They make the image, but wait! The image becomes alive!! Just like the serpent in the Garden, the deceiver deceives the whole world, including the beast! The beast is not to be worship, it is the image to the beast and you will be killed if you do not bow down!

The image is Satan, he has pulled wool over their eyes and he is the center of worship! Now, he tells them all to prepare for the celestial war! He knows YAHSHUA'S is on the way! Human beings are no match for their CREATOR and both the beast and the false prophet are taken immediately and put in the Lake of Eternal Fire! The rest of the nations are destroyed by looking on HIS GLORY! Human beings cannot look on YAHSHUA in HIS GLORY with sin and they all fall dead and the birds eat their flesh! Hey, where is the image? He is known for who he really is - Satan, who now must go to prison where his angels were house! The earth is a dump and he is cast now for the first time into the bottomless pit, which is not the earth! Remember the beast and the false prophet are still burning and the birds are eating the flesh of all the wicked people! The saints both the living and the dead collectively are gather on a cloud to be taken back with YAHSHUA to Heaven! All these events are taken place so wake up! This is what EGW said to take the Bible and the final truth will be revealed, but sadly many will reject it! Because of holding on to the past instead of understanding the future by THE POWER of THE HOLY SPIRIT! Again, it is your choice, I am just a presenter! Don't be fooled!

Prayers, and understanding for the truth from ON HIGH!

Blessings!

8 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Bless you, sister Marri!  This is such a beautiful picture!  You are a sweet, loving, and passionate sister in Christ.  I wish you could picnic (or grill) with us sometime!  Maybe in the Kingdom?

Hey, we will be sitting at the Welcome Table! I don't think we need either one up there! ?

Blessings and Thank You!

10 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The White Estate has the Bible that it is  said that EGW held above her head.  It has been weighed at 18 1/2 pounds.    That is less than the 3 gallons of milk that HCH says is the minimum that the Bible weighs.  It is far less than the 40 pounds that has been alleged to be its weight.

What this demonstrates is that even if there is some truth in this myth, there is also error.  The story that  we have today can not be depended upon.

With the weight of milk being 8 pounds/gallon, 18 1/2 pounds is more than 2 gallons (16#) and slightly more than 2 gallons and 1 qt  But the analogy of 3 gallons makes the point that I intended rather than focusing on the exact weight of the Bible.

The imagery of trying to hold 3 gallons of milk above one's head to the side with one hand while pointing to the label and reading it verbatim while looking in a different direction is the point not to be lost while focusing to much on the weight of the milk that exceeds the 2 gallons,  one quart and one cup. 

It was a supernatural manifestation that bears consideration.

His child Henry 

1 hour ago, stinsonmarri said:

The problem is that you do not listen to EGW when she says to take the Bible. You put her words over the Bible

Dear Sister,

You are mixing me up with someone else. He and I had  a candid exchange on this forum about that very subject.

I study the Bible first and foremost. Then I study EGW to see how she read the Bible. That is how the pioneers often did it. They studied and prayed all night and when they could not follow the truth any farther, Sister White would often have a vision to settle the matter.

When I discover truth in the Bible, I look to see if it is the writings of EGW. The results is a clearer understanding.

His child Henry