ClubAdventist is back!

This has gone to far ...

B/W Photodude

Seems the NAD Ministerial department has gone over board on pushing the feminist agenda. Even Bible characters are not safe from their agenda. Seriously? Changing out David for a female to push women's ordination?

http://adventmessenger.org/liberal-trends-in-adventism-are-targeting-our-young-people/

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

Photodude:  Your statement  (Changing out David for a female. . .) seems to indicate that the pin depicts two girls on the pin, which is exactly what your cited source (In your post above.)  says. 

That is false witness.  Both your cited source which claims that there are two girls on the pin is false.  Your implication that there are two girls on the pin is false.

There are two (2) Pathfinders on the pin.  One is a male, who may be compared to David.  So, it is false to suggest that David was changed out for a girl.  the second Pathfinder on the pin is a girl.  But, it is not fair to say that David was changed out for her.

A more truthful statement, if you had wanted to be accurate, might have been to say that on the pin, David is depicted as accompanied by a girl.  Or, you might say that David was not depicted at all.

I suggest that you look at and read the following to document what I have said.

http://www.nadministerial.com/stories/2019/6/20/nextgen-pastor-pin-collection-for-chosen-international-pathfinder-camporee?fbclid=IwAR1LrmATyY_bjXzONr_YrDnlIumFFF_C9optMWx8leIR6F6E-Z4Mfhg4Vbs

I hope that in the future, you will make some kind of an effort to determine the truthfulness of an accusation that you are making.  It would have taken very little effort on your part for you to have seen that the pin actually has both a boy and a girl on it.  It would have taken little more effort for you to have read the official statement that both a boy and a girl were on the pin. 

Gregory

There were nine pins produced and even visible on your link. The article I posted a link to specifically spoke to the "Women pastors" pin. 

This description is from the NAD ministerial link you provided:

If you are a girl, young woman, desiring to become a pastor in the future or considering this option, even if you have not made your mind up yet, you will receive this pin as a gift. You can claim this gift at the North American Division Ministerial Association Booth (Booth #513 in Hangar A).  

There you will also be able to visit with the North American Division Ministerial Team. These are your Pastors’ Pastors, who will be available to pray with you and encourage you as you contemplate the possibility of serving God as a pastor in the future.

Current women clergy, who are present at the Camporee can also claim a pin at the North American Division Ministerial Booth.

*This pin features two Pathfinder girls confidently facing the giant. Intentionally designed with the purpose to affirm and encourage girls in North America who fearlessly have accepted or will accept the call of God to Pastoral Ministry. God calls and enables girls just as He called and enabled David.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

Photodude:  Your are correct.  I was wrong.  Thank you for your correction.  I apologize to you for what I said that was wrong.

Folks, I expect that discussion here can be frank.  I am not always correct.  I can be wrong.  When I am wrong, I am willing to acknowledge it and apologize.  

Gregory

30 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Folks, I expect that discussion here can be frank.  I am not always correct.  I can be wrong.  When I am wrong, I am willing to acknowledge it and apologize.  

A great example for all of us to follow.

I do remember another mistake you made a while back.  You said you were wrong about something that you were actually right about!:nana: