ClubAdventist is back!

Indifference to the 'lost'?

Stan

Heard a statement yesterday on Christian Radio....

The longer we are Christians the more indifferent we are to the 'lost'

I can say that I certainly have lost some of my zeal..

Thoughts???

I will never forget my first encounter with 'the land of Milk and Honey' what a blessing...

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

I think finding Christ and settling into our "comfort zone" does tend to erase some of our restlessness. Sometimes we forget that others around us do not have that same comfort. It's good you've brought up this subject, Stan.

Do I, when chatting with the neighbors on my street, mention to them the relationship Christ is offering all of us??

I even know the checker at my favorite market quite well... but have I ever asked her about her personal relationship with Christ?

Or have I spoken to my non-Christian friends about the hope I have of seeing my dear departed loved ones again in heaven when Jesus comes?

Good question, Stan. Thanks.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

One of the reasons my wife and I got a website was so we could have business cards printed and give them to people we meet or hardly know. People we may strike up a conversation with while standing in line. Or our mechanic or hair stylist.

What really sets me on fire to work with the lost is...

...actually doing it. Regardless if it is grading corrispondence Bible studies, going door to door or singing in nurseing homes, doing the work makes me more zealous to continue doing it. I have to do the work before I feel like doing more. If I wait until I feel like doing it, I never will.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Well, I think of the lost as the unchurched. People that either have never went to church or have not gone to church in several years.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

It was a phrase used in the new Testament... we tend to shun that phrase these days.... or I have....

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">i understand that, but the question is how do we define this term? or how was it defined in the NT?

Well, this can turn into quite to conversation by itself, I think we might agree that there are people who we think are 'lost' that are very close to Christ, even thought they might not be aware of who he is. AND people who we think are, ahem, "found" who Christ would say, as he did in Math 7:21 "I never knew you".

For a matter of discussion, let's view the lost, as those who have not responded to the Holy Spirits leading.

K??

I can say, I once was lost, and, thanks be to our Saviour and those faithful saints, have tasted of the land of milk and honey, and found that it was good. Thank God for all Christ has done for me and you..

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Well, this can turn into quite to conversation by itself, I think we might agree that there are people who we think are 'lost' that are very close to Christ, even thought they might not be aware of who he is. AND people who we think are, ahem, "found" who Christ would say, as he did in Math 7:21 "I never knew you".

For a matter of discussion, let's view the lost, as those who have not responded to the Holy Spirits leading.

K??

I can say, I once was lost, and, thanks be to our Saviour and those faithful saints, have tasted of the land of milk and honey, and found that it was good. Thank God for all Christ has done for me and you..

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">fair enough... and thank you for the clarification...

People .... or have not gone to church in several years.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That's quite an assumption, that people who haven't gone to church in several years are "lost".

What leads you to believe that someone who doesn't go to church is automatically "lost"?

A heart where He alone has first place.

I think we decided we are not going to take this thread down that road.

This isn't about labeling people as lost or not lost. It is about reaching out to people that need the gospel. It is a very real issue in the church. A friend of mine attends the church and a 12-step group. He often brings friends that he meets in the 12-step group to church. One thing he will do is try to match them up with someone. For example if the person from the 12-step group is or was a nurse, he tries to match them up with one of the members of church that is a nurse. (I don't mean match up in a romantic way. I mean in a mentor way) Often times he finds the church members just are not willing to give the time it takes to mentor someone that is being introduced to them. To me this is pathetic. They don't even have to reach out, the person in need is presented to them... but they don't have the time.

Many of the "lost"(those who do NOT know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior...whether in the church or not) are so-called 'regular' church members. It would be nice if all SDAs are "saved", but they are not. God's kingdom in Heaven will be made up of angels and non-Adventists...and not all SDAs will be there! So, if you are a Christian remember that many of your fellow SDAs are not! Yes, tell them about Jesus and what He has done for you.

Bill

http://home.att.net/~meadbd