ClubAdventist is back!

Book review: Paradigm

B/W Photodude

In a recent Sabbath school discussion, one of the members recommended I read a book regarding ancient kings of Israel and how amazingly similar to modern presidents. It sounded good so I bought the book and left it is a pile of other books waiting for a reading. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 12.02.40 PM.jpg

Then, I ran into my insurance agent and we got to discussing religion (he informed me he watches Doug Batchelor and is studying Bible with a Seventh-day Adventist in his home town. He comes to my town to sign up people for supplemental insurance.) Then he asks, "have you read the book "Paradigm." "I mentioned it was waiting on my desk to read, I just hadn't got to it yet. He says you will be amazed! So, with two independent recommendations within a short time, I figured it was time to move it up in line.

So I read the book Paradigm by Jonathan Cahn, who is a Messianic Jew living in New Jersey and runs the website <http://www.hopeoftheworld.org/>. Many report they could not put the book down when they started reading it. I would have done the same if I did not also have several other books in progress to read. But it was simply amazing.

I have enjoyed in the past reading books by other Jewish authors regarding the politics of the kings of Judah and Israel. We tend to focus more on the wickedness or righteousness of these kings, but seldom on their political abilities. Cahn in Paradigm at length discussed Ahab, Jezebel, Joram, Jehu, Johanadab, and Elijah at length including even at times a psychological assessment of them. 

However, Israel was a kingdom on decline and in severe apostasy. The same for America today. Cahn proferred up the idea that there was a paradigm in these kings that would lead to understanding of Bill & Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, and Mike Pence.

He lined them up this way:
Bill Clinton    ....    Ahab
Hillary Clinton    ....    Jezebel
Joram    ....    Barack Obama
Jehu    ….    Donald Trump
Johanadab  ....    Mike Pence

What was amazingly stunning was how much these characters were a match and behaved so much alike. The whole story of the House of Ahab has been repeated for us in our time and both nations are on the edge of destruction. Some may object to Hillary being compared to Jezebel, but Hillary has often been compared to Lady MacBeth. In Shakespeare's time, Lady MacBeth was compared to Jezebel!

One of the most evil of practices in Israel was the sacrifice of children to the gods. Hillary Clinton was given an award for being one of the most significant supporters of abortion in the last century. Cahn promoted the idea that abortion is the modern equivalent of child sacrifice to the gods. This is not so far fetched if you consider the writings of abortion promoters. Ginette Paris in her book The Sacrement of Abortion wrote, "Our culture needs new rituals as well as laws to restore abortion to its sacred dimension." She also wrote, "Abortion is a sacrifice to Artemis. Abortion [is] a sacrtament for the gift of life to remain pure." Artemis was one of the ancient gods!

Other practices by the House of Ahab that compared to the modern presidents included:

Thirst for power by Jezebel
The release of King Ben-Hadad
Naboth's death and the fulfillment of prophecy by Elijah
The death of Joram and Jezebel at the hand of Jehu. 

The Hebrew word used to describe Jehu's race to the throne also best describes Trump's race for the presidency – mad, insane, and crazy. As Jehu approached Jezreel in his chariot, one of the watchers on the wall said, "The one who drives the lead chariot drives like Jehu son of Nimshi; he drives recklessly." 2Kings9:20

What the book took from all this, and I also thought much the same, is that the events of the House of Ahab and Jehu slowed down the apostasy of Israel and probably delayed their demise as a nation. I see the same for us today. 

Jehu was annointed at the direction of one of the prophets and by God to end the house of Ahab. Jehu was there and heard the prophecy of Elijah against Ahab for the death of Nobath. Jehu regardless of past lifestyle had the assistance of the people who had never bowed the knee to Baal. Trump has also had the assistance of the religious leaders of today to slowing down the moral fall of this country. I would suggest that we have divinely been given a bit more time to be ready for the close of probation and the time of trouble. Perhaps it not time for final events to begin or was occurring in a manner different that prophesied. IF Donald Trump was like Jehu anointed for the task of destroying the House of Ahab, should we be involved in hate campaigns against him?

Cahn's discussion of Elijah was not related to anyone current, but the Elijah message was offered as a call for the people of today like it was in Ancient Israel.

This was an amazing book with an incredible analysis of even to lengths of time being comparable such as in the reign of Ahab and the time Bill Clinton was in government. There were many such comparisons.

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

1 hour ago, dgrimm60 said:

B/WPHOTODUDE

thank  you for  posting this  information====this  does  sound  like  a  very  interesting  book

dgrimm60

It was hard to put down. Can't wait to read some of his other books.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

53 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

It was hard to put down. Can't wait to read some of his other books.

They are all as good as "The Paradigm".  Rabbi Cahn is one of my favorite authors.  We also subscribe to his daily devotionals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeMo said:

They are all as good as "The Paradigm".  Rabbi Cahn is one of my favorite authors.  We also subscribe to his daily devotionals.

Harbinger is on my list to read next.

Bill Liversidge Seminars