ClubAdventist is back!

New Year Resolutions

JoeMo

Thought it might be kinda fun to share at least one New Year Resolution with each other.  So here's mine:

I resolve to love more - to focus on relationships rather than doctrine, politics, or being "right" all the time. Relationships with God, my wife, my kids, my grandkids, my siblings and my friends (and enemies) inside and outside the body of Christ.

What are some of yours?

• Like 2

On 1/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, JoeMo said:

Thought it might be kinda fun to share at least one New Year Resolution with each other.  So here's mine:

I resolve to love more - to focus on relationships rather than doctrine, politics, or being "right" all the time. Relationships with God, my wife, my kids, my grandkids, my siblings and my friends (and enemies) inside and outside the body of Christ.

What are some of yours?

Well, this sounds like some very good resolutions. I suppose that you & I are quite similar in our thoughts on this. I have already carried out my resolution of dumping my so called social media accounts. I did it the day before Christmas. But it's for similar reasons in your statement of your resolution. It takes a bit of adjusting, but if I can do it, anyone can. Already, I am having to explain to inquirers why I dont have any social media. I usually just smile and say "well you can connect with me better this way..."  :)

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Members

I tried posting the actual video of this the other day, I believe yesterday, but couldn't without posting my whole email list!!

Anyway lets see if I can remember what I posted with it??

I'm not really into New Years Resolutions, but this is what my feelings have been about this subject. I know this is the your thoughts forum so don't be to mad that I'm actually someone else's thoughts even though my thoughts actually are the same. With the video it was much better. Anyway here it is:

A COVENANT FOR WANDERERS (January 3, 2020)

Make covenants, not resolutions, as you walk into the year, for covenants give us company in keeping what we pledge. A resolution with no witness is too often just a wish, a good intention with nothing but our declining willpower to make the vital difference. The covenants we really need are bigger than our diets and more urgent than our visits to the gym. We need companions to whom we’ll make the most important promises of all: to tell each other just the truth; to remind each other of how good the gospel is; to continue walking side by side through any guilt or fear the new year brings. Agree with someone in your life—a spouse, a friend, another sinner saved by grace—with whom you’ll travel in days ahead—by phone, by app, by real steps on real roads. Pledge perseverance, not perfection, for walking with another sinner will reveal how much you both need constant grace. And when you stumble, as you will, a hand will lift you up, and brush you off, and help you keep on walking. As this year starts, invite some other to what Jesus now invites you: “Come walk with me: keep covenant.” That’s how you’ll stay in grace. -Bill Knott

ps: I just notice that this is Bill Knots thoughts, the video really doesn't tell you this.

• Like 2

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

1 hour ago, phkrause said:

We need companions to whom we’ll make the most important promises of all: to tell each other just the truth;

Your post sounds great; except for one thing. THIS would get some of us into a whole  lotta trouble. lol :)

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

3 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

Your post sounds great; except for one thing. THIS would get some of us into a whole  lotta trouble. lol :)

Not if done in the right spirit between trusted friends.  There is a difference between being BRUTALLY honest and just honest.  The truth should be uplifting, not judgmental or condemning.

• Like 2