ClubAdventist is back!

"Bernie" Margart

Danny J Goff

A friend "Bernie" Margart known to many as "The Tinman" was killed in a work related accident in Mt Shasta, California on Tuesday evening (June 6th, 2006) I understand there is to be a funeral on Saturday. He will be missed.

Danny J Goff

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. . .

• Moderators

That's sad. We'll remember his family and friends in our prayers.

How did the accident happen?

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I am deeply saddened and sorry for the loss.

I was one of his original employees back in 1988-92. He was a great friend and got me into this line of work.

I will miss him.

Shawn Johnson

Firefighter/Paramedic

I just received word about Tinman passing today and I can't believe it. If anyone has anymore information could they please let me know. I was an employee of his many years ago and stayed friends all these years. Many miles and many nights we have talked on the phones while trucking across the country keeping each other alert and awake, talking about our lives ups and downs and making up lies.

I just can't believe it. Thanks for any information that anyone can forward.

Bernie, ol' friend, your surely missed,

Sorry to his friends, and family, if I had known I would have been at the service..

Rob D. Williams

Texas Conference transportation Director

• 4 months later...

I was just going through my posts tonight and noticed some postings about Bernie Margart. . .I was really shocked. . .I had talked with him the day before and was going to spend the night at his place the next day on my way down to California as I always do. . .really hit me hard. We had been friends through alot of things that life brings. . .good and bad. He was always ready and willing to help anyone.

I understand that he was working on a truck at the truck inspection station near Mt Shasta and the truck accidently lurched onto him and crushed him. You just never know when you will not be here anymore. I need to stop by and see his brother Geoff when I get back through there again. They were very close.

Thanks,

Danny J Goff

• 5 months later...

Update. . .I was able to stop by and visit with Geoff. . Bernie's brother a couple of months ago. . .he is a good man. . .apprantely the truck driver who killed Bernie is possibly being indicted for the accident. . .he was young and inexperienced and it looks like he made some wrong moves that resulted in the accident that took Bernie's life. . .I still miss him. . .He was cremated and part of his ashes are in Mt Shasta and the part in Mt Hope Cemetary in College Place. . .I look forward to meeting him again in the New Earth. . .

• Moderators

Although it will never bring him back, there should be some legal compensation available to the family, for this wrongful death was obviously caused by negligence.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Bernie had a zest for life and care for others that few have witnessed. I admired so much about him. He continues to be missed. He is still in my heart. I hurt for days after hearing of his accident and I still hurt.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.