ClubAdventist is back!

COVID-19

Gregory Matthews

• Members

They really have no clue at this point!! We're so far behind the 8 ball?? But at least we have a few Governors that have decided to take matters into there own hands and one actually acts like the leader of this country!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

cover032320.jpg

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Members
3 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

Pretty sad ain't it. It's to bad we couldn't have done the same as South Korea!! We might have been over this too!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

At the same time anarchy is seeking to sweep away all law, not only divine, but human. The centralizing of wealth and power; the vast combinations for the enriching of the few at the expense of the many; the combinations of the poorer classes for the defense of their interests and claims; the spirit of unrest, of riot and bloodshed; the world-wide dissemination of the same teachings that led to the French Revolution--all are tending to involve the whole world in a struggle similar to that which convulsed France.  {Ed 228.2} 

Light In The Clouds

ATHENS, Greece — A group of lawyers has appealed to Greece’s highest court against the ban on services in churches and places of worship across the country, imposed last week to fight the coronavirus spread.

In a legal action made public Thursday, the four lawyers claim the temporary prohibition is unconstitutional and illegal.

The measure was taken March 16 and applies through March 30. The appeal is set to be heard May 5.

Greece’s powerful Orthodox Church had initially hesitated to take substantial measures to address the epidemic, and refused to stop the Communion sacrament in which the faithful sip from a common spoon. People are still allowed to visit churches to pray, so long as they keep a 6-foot distance from each other.

The faithful are going to sip from a common spoon?! In general, do they think their religion will protect them from catching disease? Pastors and church members die all the time in Appalachia from snake bites in snake handling services. One snake handling church has a wall with pictures of those who died handling snakes. The caption across the pictures reads "O Ye of Little Faith."

Stopping a pandemic is not a suppression of religion issue. It is temporary and will end when the pandemic ends. Practice your faith as you would if stuck some  place alone or with immediate family. I even see people on Adventist websites claiming that stopping church services to protect people is an unconstitutional suppression of religion. Sad to see that harm to other human beings rates as a nothing to worry about issue. There are texts in Scripture which imply that we are to respect government if it is not in asking us to do wrong.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

A group of Nashville studio singers perform an epic cell phone choir

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -- Many people are working from home during the COVID-19 outbreak, but what if your job is as a studio background vocalist?

Nashville has a deep talent pool when it comes to singers. Some have sung background for the biggest stars you've heard of, all kinds of records, even performed demo recordings for songs that went on to become a giant smash hit.

So if you can't gather in groups larger than ten, if you're supposed to sanitize every surface you can if you go to work, then hundreds of studio performers who live here have no options. They're out of work.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/a-group-of-nashville-studio-singers-perform-an-epic-cell/article_2245fbf8-6eb2-11ea-9be3-db6cec04c8f3.html

Bill Liversidge Seminars

Edited by BlessedMan

Light In The Clouds

Light In The Clouds

• Members

The video on the Netherlands was very interesting! But the video on BC, I didn't see where it said anything about seniors, but it seems like there doing a great job as well in controlling the virus like the other countries have been doing!! Thanks for these links!!

• Like 2

phkrause

We are at war with an invisible enemy.  We have been invaded.  In WWII, the great generation was asked to sacrifice by leaving their homes and families to go overseas and kill people or be killed or maimed.  We have it comparatively easy.  We are being asked to fight this war by sitting at home alone on our couches binge-watching TV  and talking to people over the phone or FaceBook (or AS). I'd rather be doing that than shooting at others and being shot at.

• Like 2

The struggle is real! Seems New Yorkers are fleeing their city and people where they are going are getting uneasy. 

Rhode Islanders are stopping New Yorkers at the border.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-27/rhode-island-police-to-hunt-down-new-yorkers-seeking-refuge

People in Apalachia are becoming concerned about the people flooding in. West Virginia was one of the last states to have an active case of Covid. People in Appalachia will be at increased risk of severe illness and death from Covid. Many apparently healthy looking individuals are actually black lungers. And the proportion of people not looking healthy seems to be far higher than the US population in general.

https://www.100daysinappalachia.com/2020/03/people-are-fleeing-to-appalachia-to-escape-covid-19-that-needs-to-stop/

Donald J. Trump

I am giving consideration to a QUARANTINE of developing “hot spots”, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. A decision will be made, one way or another, shortly.

Donald Trump posted the above on FaceBook today. Comments from readers say as far as N. Dakota/Minnesota border are seeing New York license plates around their summer homes. Will be worth watching to see how this all plays out. Many have reported that these New York escapees are not following isolation and are just mingling with the population, and by reasonable thinking, are spreading the disease.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

18 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

Many have reported that these New York escapees are not following isolation and are just mingling with the population, and by reasonable thinking, are spreading the disease.

Well I can see by such things as this; they will have to do something about it. There are a number of reports from here, and other places where the social distancing thing is seen widely as preventing any major problems, and indeed, lessening the problem in areas where C19 has already hit. I didnt even let my own son within 10 feet of me when he came to pick up groceries I had stored away for him. he just came back from a remote location for his work and I knew two weeks ago he would have a hard time getting anything substantial from the stores when he got back. So I got some supplies for him, including hand sanitizer etc. I left it on the back porch for him and said I love you out the window. NO flu bugs in our house.

Light In The Clouds

And its not an easy thing for people in our situation where someone in the house is a primary caregiver with a sick loved one who needs constant care. Caregivers for respite simply isnt happening, but we gladly take all precautions recommended by authorities. Its just something that has to be done. People need to wake up and smarten up. Regardless of conspiracy theories one may believe in; nothing that jeopardizes other people's health or their life is acceptable. There have been people arrested and jailed for knowingly giving AIDS or STDs to people. I wouldnt be surprised to see it happen with C19.

Light In The Clouds

On 3/14/2020 at 6:02 PM, BlessedMan said:

not a lot of stuff left on some store shelves here. People are panic-buying and hoarding.  Responses are definitely varied from one area to the next.

And we wonder why! Didn't the Bible say that people hearts will fail them due to fear!

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. Luke 21:26

Those who claim to love THE MOST have being follow a man that still give out mix messages. People are dying and many of the Governors being partisan have met together and need medical help a few Governors are listen to the man in the White House and people are fearful, sick and dying daily. Sad! A young man lick the toilet and now he has the Coronavirus. More will happen because we keep denying the power of YAHWEH! TIME IS RUNNING OUT! We are not following the principles outlined in the Bible and we like Nebuchadnezzar will see the handiwork of YAHWEH and the beginning of sorrow due to a dying sinful planet!

HE Cried also in mine ears with A LOUD VOICE, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.   And, behold, six men came from the way of the Higher Gate, which lieth toward the North, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brazen altar.  And the splendor of ELOHIYM of IsraEL was gone up from the cherub, whereupon HE was, to the threshold of the house. And HE called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;  And YAHWEH said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.   And to the others HE Said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:  Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at MY Sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. Eze 9:1-6 

It is praying Time!

• Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 1:58 PM, phkrause said:

Pretty sad ain't it. It's to bad we couldn't have done the same as South Korea!! We might have been over this too!!

It wasn't meant for us to do the same thing as South Korea. The Evangelical including many SDA put an immoral man in power. Then one of them had the nerve to claim this man in the White House was the messiah! Then he claimed he was the chosen one, he is not! If he is then he should have listen to South Korea. This country claim by the majority they are spiritual by being Christian. Strange all the so call Christian countries globally are becoming pandemic! I never read in the Bible that any disciple or apostle ever called themselves that word, if so please show me. All those who suppose to believe in the word God, now that Islam, Hindu, Buddha, and even Judaism all used that word so what's going on?

The story I recall in the Bible is Elijah, who was sent to Ahab. He told him that YAHWEH, not lord, or god would stop the rain. It happened, a drought came and some of the people died. Then it came to prove who is THE TRUE ALMIGHTY ONES because majority of the people had left THEM and was bowing down to Baal. Jezebel priest went first and all day nothing happen. Then Elijah had to build up the broken altar of YAHWEH, and he also, built a trench around the altar.  He then laid the wood and sacrifice on the altar and then saturated the altar with water, that filled up the trench. He prayed and Everlasting Fire came down from Heaven and consumed everything. Then the rain came! But, it was noted that there were thousands who did not bow their knees to Baal. There are those today who have not bow their Knees to all the world's religions that bow to God. There are thoses who bow to YAHWEH ELOHI and worship HIM as THE MOST HIGH! We obey HIS EVERLASTING NAME, we know HE IS YAHWEH and HE CHANGES NOT!

And ELOHIYM said to Moses again: You shall say this to the sons of IsraEL, YAHWEH, the ELOHEI of your fathers, the ELOHEI of Abraham, the ELOHEI of Isaac, and the ELOHEI of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is MY NAME Forever, and this is how I should be remembered from generation to generation (all ages). Ex 3:15 HRB

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by THE NAME of EL SHADDAI ( ELOHEI ALMIGHTY), but BY MY NAME YAHWEH was I not known to them? Ex 6:3  WOY

And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to show in thee MY POWER; and that MY NAME may be declared throughout all the earth. Ex 9:16  WOY

If MY people, which are called by MY NAME, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek MY FACE, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2Ch 7:14  WOY

And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of MY people, to swear by MY NAME, YAHWEH liveth; as they taught MY people to swear by Baal (today God); then shall they be built in the midst of MY people. Jer 12:16  WOY

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;  Which think to cause MY people to forget MY NAME by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers have forgotten MY NAME for Baal (God). Jer 23:26, 27  WOY

I am come in MY FATHER’S NAME , and ye receive ME not: if another shall come in his own name (God), him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not THE HONOR that cometh from ELOHIM only? Joh 5:43, 44  WOY

The earliest written form of the Germanic word "god" comes from the 6th century Christian Codex Argenteus, which descends from the Old English guþ from the Proto-Germanic *Ȝuđan. While hotly disputed, most agree on the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European form *ǵhu-tó-m, based on the root *ǵhau-, *ǵhau̯ǝ-, which meant "to call" or "to invoke." Alternatively, "Ghau" may be derived from a posthumously deified chieftain named " Gaut" — a name which sometimes appears for the Norse god Odin or one of his descendants. The Lombardic form of Odin, Godan, may derive from cognate Proto-Germanic *Ȝuđánaz. * Judah

The capitalized form "God" was first used in Ulfilas' Gothic translation of the New Testament, to represent the Greek Theos (uncertain origin), and the Latin Deus (etymology "* Dyeus"). Because the development of English orthography was dominated by Christian texts, the capitalization (hence personalization and personal name) continues to represent a distinction between monotheistic "God" and the "gods" of pagan polytheism.

The name "God" now typically refers to the Abrahamic God of Judaism ( El (god) YHVH), Christianity (God), and Islam (Allah). Though there are significant cultural divergences that are implied by these different names, "God" remains the common English translation for all. The name may signify any related or similar monotheistic deities, such as the early monotheism of Akhenaten and Zoroastrianism.

In the context of comparative religion, "God" is also often related to concepts of universal deity in Dharmic religions, in spite of the historical distinctions which separate monotheism from polytheisma distinction which some, such as Max Müller and Joseph Campbell, have characterized as a bias within Western culture and theology. God - McGill CS

Once the unity of the Indo - European languages was established ( and it was the earliest, as it has been the most fruitful of the conquests of comparative philology ) , the unity of the Aryan race was recognized as a necessary consequence . These results suggested many problems , and amongst others , questions as to the state of civilization, the organization , the beliefs of the Aryans while they still dwelt together in their Asiatic home. “ Le Berceau des Aryas, " Précis Hist. June 1881, p. 377

Now, before we proceed to the main question of the religious ideas of the Aryans, let us see what the significance is of what we have just read. We have seen that before Greek was Greek and Sanskrit was Sanskrit the Aryan ancestors of Hindu , Teuton , and Kelt were in no sense barbarians or savages, that not only was their position one of material comfort not unlike that of the rural populations of Asia and Europe at a much later date, but that they were thinkers, who clearly saw a twofold order in nature — the material and the spiritual. The Religion of the Aryans THE FIRST PART (The Month and Catholic Review, Volume 41)

Besides the names Dyeus, Zeus, Jupiter all denoting a particular deity who was a personification of the bright sky, there is another series of words in Sanskrit Greek and Latin dêva, Theós deus which mean God or a god in other words we have here an expression for the predicate of God in general.

The oldest of the names of God says M Pictet one which been handed down through centuries and through many forms religion and has thus been transmitted to us is the Sanskrit deva, which the primitive form was perhaps daiva. Its destinies assuredly been most remarkable for while it has remained among the Aryans of India; it has assumed the meaning of demon among the Iranians in consequence of the religious schism of Zoroaster. Brought to Europe by the first immigrants it was preserved as name of God among the Kelts (Celts) and Lithuanians as well as in polytheism of Greece and Italy to be transmitted to Christianity in which it replaced the Jehovah (even this word is wrong it is YAHWEH) of the Hebrews. The Religion of the Aryans THE SECOND PART (The Month and Catholic Review, Volume 42)

I know some will become angry, but I hope that others will realize that the SDA were chosen, like IsraEL from among the other churches to study, and to search the Scriptures for all truth. Instead we have become like the Pharisees that were Hellenized and we have joined up with the world. We are not different, we are not peculiar we are just like them and as Doug Batchelor preached we too have bow our knees to God like IsraEL bowed their knees to Baal. I present, it is THE HOLY SPIRIT that convicts!

Return to YAHWEH is my prayer!

19 minutes ago, stinsonmarri said:

I never read in the Bible that any disciple or apostle ever called themselves that word, if so please show me.

Act_11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

ALL religions are catching this flu; as they do every year.

Light In The Clouds

• Members
1 hour ago, BlessedMan said:

Act_11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Actually I don't think she means "Christian?" I was going to ask what word she meant? I'm guessing she meant "pandemic?" But lets let stinsonmarri tell us!

• Like 2

phkrause

23 minutes ago, phkrause said:

Actually I don't think she means "Christian?" I was going to ask what word she meant? I'm guessing she meant "pandemic?" But lets let stinsonmarri tell us!

lol, Oh I think she will! :)

• Like 2

Light In The Clouds

1 hour ago, BlessedMan said:

If you all please notice what I said: "I never read in the Bible that any disciple or apostle ever called themselves that word, if so please show me." What was provided it clearly stated that the disciples were called Christians. They themselves never used the word at all in the Bible. There are only three Scripture that the word Christian is use. It would appear that should throw up a flag to everyone. We need to put our biases aside and just think about it. Why wouldn't you find one of them calling themself or even using the word. Why did Antioch call them that word? 1 Peter 4:16 the word is actually THE MESSIAH!  All I can do is leave with the facts base on historical writings that also include ancient writings and meanings. The choice is yours and the records of history do not lie!

For the Egyptians Serapis had been and probably remained their God of the under-world. Osiris under the slightly changed name of the dead Apis became Osorapis, whom they had long worshipped at Memphis. The temple of Serapis built by the Ptolemies at Memphis was just such a scene of Egyptian cult as the temples at Thebes, Edfu, Kom-Ombos and the rest. But this Egyptian deity became dear to the Greeks of Egypt as well and took the chief place at Alexandria: scarcely as an Egyptian, rather as a new great mystical God, whose theology and whose ritual were worked out in concert by Timotheus the expounder of the Eleusinian mysteries, and the Hellenized Egyptian priest and scholar Manetho, a God in whom were united for the Greek both the ancient Egyptian theological wisdom and all the mysticism of the new Greek religion: the mysticism of Zeus and Pluto, of the Sun and Asciepius, and perhaps even more that of Dionysus Zagreus. For him a consort was found in the equally mystic Isis and her divine son Horus (Harpocrates), who took the place of Anubis, Isis with the thousand names and the limitless mystic power, the apotheosis of maternal love and the personification of the mystic female principle. It is no wonder that this God, concentrating in himself the religious aspirations of the new Greek world, was never an artificial God, a God of politics. Ptolemy Soter did not create him, he only gave him statues, temples and ritual. And to him reached out the souls of believers from all sides.

Of Pagan Origin:

The name, then, did not originate with the Christians themselves. Nor would the Jews have applied it to the followers of Jesus, whose claim to be the Christ they opposed so passionately. They spoke of the Christians as "the sect of the Nazarenes" (Acts 24:5); perhaps also as "Galileans," a term which the emperor Julian attempted later vainly to revive. The word must have been coined by the heathen population of Antioch, as the church emerged from the synagogue, and a Christianity predominantly Gentile took its place among the religions of the world.

The land of Egypt, the praises of which you have been recounting to me, my dear Servianus, I have found to be wholly light-minded, unstable, and blown about by every breath of rumor. There those who worship Serapis are, in fact, Christians, and those who call themselves bishops of Christ are, in fact, devotees of Serapis. There is no chief of the Jewish synagogue, no Samaritan, no Christian presbyter, who is not an astrologer, a soothsayer, or an anointer. Even the Patriarch himself, when he comes to Egypt, is forced by some to worship Serapis, by others to worship Christ. Historia Augusta: Hadrian Augustus Letter to Servianus 134 CE. Preserved by Vopiscus (Vita Saturnini)

We are more likely to be reproached for an apparently serious omission. We have investigated only the internal development of paganism in the Latin world and have considered its relation to Christianity only incidentally and by the way. The question is nevertheless important and has been the subject of celebrated lectures as well as of learned monographs and widely distributed manuals. We wish to slight neither the interest nor the importance of that controversy, and it is not because it seemed negligible that we have not entered into it.

Not only were the Gods of Egypt and Asia never supplanted like those of Gaul or Spain, but they soon crossed the seas and gained worshipers in every Latin province. Isis and Serapis, Cybele and Attis, the Syrian Baals, Sabazius and Mithra were honored by brotherhoods of believers as far as the remotest limits of Germany. P. 23

The "invincible" star of the Persians might wane and vanish, but only to reappear in greater glory. The political and military strength displayed by this nation through the centuries was the result of its high intellectual and moral qualities. Its original culture was always hostile to such an assimilation as that experienced in different degrees by the Aryans of Phrygia, the Semites of Syria and the Hamites of Egypt. Hellenism and Iranism—if I may use that term—were two equally noble adversaries but differently educated, and they always remained separated by instinctive racial hostility as much as by hereditary opposition of interests.  p. 136

This explains why certain institutions and beliefs of the Persians had found imitators and adepts in the Greco-Oriental world long before the Romans had gained a foothold in Asia. Their influence was indirect, secret, frequently indiscernible, but it was certain. The most active agencies in the diffusion of Mazdeism as of Judaism seem to have been colonies of believers who had emigrated far from the mother country. There was a Persian dispersion similar to that of the Israelites. Communities of magi were established not only in eastern Asia Minor, but in Galatia, Phrygia, Lydia and even in Egypt. Everywhere they remained attached to their customs and beliefs with persistent tenacity. p. 139 The Oriental Religions in Roman Paganism

The Belgian historian, philologist and archaeologist Franz Cumont (1868-1947) thinks that Christianity has borrowed iconographic themes from Mithraism, pointing out that Mithraic images of the Heavens, the Earth, the Ocean, the Sun, the Moon, the Planets, signs of the Zodiac, the Winds, the Seasons, and the Elements are found on Christian sarcophagi, mosaics, and miniatures from the third to the fifth centuries. Such images were incorporated into Christian artworks he says further: "A few alterations in costume and attitude transformed a pagan scene into a Christian picture."

A. Derman maintains that it works well to look for large patterns of comparison: "with this method, pure coincidences can no longer be used and so the recognition of Mithras as the privileged pagan inspirer of medieval Christian iconography is forced upon us." [Derman, A. (1971). in Hinnells, John R.: "Mithras and Christ: Some Iconographical Similarities", in Mithraic Studies, vol. 2. Manchester University Press. pp. 510-7.]

The Mithraism of Christians

The Mithraic Holy father wore a red cap and garment and a ring, and carried a shepherd's staff - The Pope wears a red cap and garment and a ring and carries a shepherds staff.

Priests of Mithraism bore the title Father. Catholic priests bear the title Father - despite "And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven (Matthew 23:9)."

Speaking in tongues is a feature of ancient religions too, and not exclusively Christian. Pagan Elements in Christianity

Real Encyclopaedie, the inscription Christos is to be seen on a Mithras relief in the Vatican.

Christos: Transliteration: Christos Pronunciation: khrē-sto's (Key) Part of Speech: adjective Root Word (Etymology): From χρίω (G5548) Dictionary Aids: Vine's Expository Dictionary: View Entry: TDNT Reference: 9:493,1322; Outline of Biblical Usage:

Christ = "anointed" Christ was the Messiah; the Son of God anointed the Greek Χριστός (Christos). Strong Greek Dictionary

Homer's use of "chriso" ....

Christian theology has chosen and decreed that the name Christos should be taken as derived from [chrio, chriso], "anointed with scented unguents or oil."  But this word has several significances. It is used by Homer as applied to the rubbing with oil of the body after bathing (Il. 23, 186; also, in Od., 4, 252). Yet the word Christes means rather a white washer, while the word Christos means priest and prophet, a term which on the surface may appear to be far more applicable to Jesus, than that of the "Anointed," since, he never was anointed, either as king or priest.

CHRISTI: Christian theology has chosen and decreed that the name Christos should be taken as derived from [chrio, chriso], "anointed with scented unguents or oil." But this word has several significances. It is used by Homer, certainly, as applied to the rubbing with oil of the body after bathing (Il. 23, 186; also, in Od., 4, 252) as other ancient writers do.

In paganism thoughts and ceremonies were blended

But beforehand, early Christianity had picked up key elements we find in pagan religions during the Roman Empire. There were a lot of cults and pagan cults there, and its many mystery religions in the Roman Empire were rather loosely organised. However, Egyptians and Greeks had a very strong influence.

The Greek had blended many religious elements before the Romans, and Romans incorporated them, at times with different names of Gods. In the Timaeus, which is an exposition of his theory of the universe, Plato also developed his theory of the soul. Beyond the sphere of the fixed stars is the realm of the divine. The sphere of the fixed stars, moved by the divine, continuously turns. The original home of each soul is in one of the fixed stars. Pagan Elements in Christianity

Now, I ask all, why would EGW write this just before she died?

We should not study the Bible for the purpose of sustaining our preconceived opinions, but with the single object of learning what God has said.  Some have feared that if in even a single point they acknowledge themselves in error; other minds would be led to doubt the whole theory of truth.

Therefore, they have felt that investigation should not be permitted, that it would tend to dissension and disunion. But if such is to be the result of investigation, the sooner it comes the better. If there are those whose faith in God’s WORD will not stand the test of an investigation of the Scriptures, the sooner they are revealed the better; for then the way will be opened to show them their error. We cannot hold that a position once taken, an idea once advocated, is not, under any circumstances, to be relinquished. There is but ONE WHO IS INFALLIBLE--HE who is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. TM p. 105

Somethings are hard to accept but the pioneers gave up worshiping on Sunday to keep the true Sabbath, the gave unclean flesh to eat correctly, they gave strong drinks, smoking and many other things. They were called odd even an occult but they stood firm for truth. The problem today is we want to accept the way that all of the other churches accept. The Bible call the Laodiceans out and we are called them today! Why? We think we need of nothing, that we can't accept the fact that we have not really dig down and study like we should! There is only one faith, and that road is narrow! I am not asking anyone to accept what I say, accept the truth. Study that words and truth have been hidden and make your own decision. We don't have much time. It is left of to each one of you!

Come Out of her MY People and be not Part of her sins! Take Care Pray for me as I Pray for you!

On 3/29/2020 at 4:52 PM, stinsonmarri said:

It wasn't meant for us to do the same thing as South Korea. The Evangelical including many SDA put an immoral man in power. Then one of them had the nerve to claim this man in the White House was the messiah! Then he claimed he was the chosen one, he is not!

91174583_649644778945360_338811797974810624_n.jpg

I find that in my Bible, trashing some one and carrying out character assassination to also be a very immoral act. I think you really need to find another news source to get your information from and perhaps some of your hatred will be relieved. You can carry on about the president's immorality, but say nothing about the other candidate for president who will molest little girls on camera and he is now the presumptive Demorat candidate for president! So, I think you really need to rethink your hatred.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bill Liversidge Seminars

This is why we cooperate with the health authorities and close down the churches for a short while. This is not a scheme to destroy religion.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Like 2

Bill Liversidge Seminars

I have seen talk of C19 being transmittable via "aerosols" or by air. I have wondered why WHO did not see it; but I think that most flu bugs are somewhat like that, although some do not really spread via air. It would be nice to know about how long said "aerosols" can survive in that form, so that people could take precautions

Edited by BlessedMan

Light In The Clouds

13 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

91174583_649644778945360_338811797974810624_n.jpg

I find that in my Bible, trashing some one and carrying out character assassination to also be a very immoral act. I think you really need to find another news source to get your information from and perhaps some of your hatred will be relieved. You can carry on about the president's immorality, but say nothing about the other candidate for president who will molest little girls on camera and he is now the presumptive Demorat candidate for president! So, I think you really need to rethink your hatred.

First of all I did not trash out his character, I told what I have said from the beginning. HE IS IMMORAL, A LIAR, NARCISSIST.  That's the truth and parties hatred is his your problem. You will not see the truth about this man who I did not call by name, if he killed someone. He said that too! That's not trashing if you know for a fact that he did the things he did! He said it, both of his lawyers said it and he paid one woman and the Enquiry paid the other!  I did not trash him when it was said that you all believe he was sent by YAHWEH. I read it here and I heard on Fox News! Since the virus he has been even worse. The problem with you is you are worshipping this man and you all know he lies and he is immoral and thinks only of himself. You can post all of the pictures you want he is what he is! Your poster is untrue to because I don't hate him! I do not hate anyone. I do not like his ways and you and all the posters you put up will not change that. To tell the true I pity him because he is pitiful and it is sad what he does!

Peace!