ClubAdventist is back!

COVID-19

Gregory Matthews

Why Is Oregon Still In Lockdown?

Hospitalizations tell us everything

We’re inundated with daily tallys of the number of people who have tested positive for COVID-19. Like every state who has increased the number of tests they have given, Oregon has seen their number of positive cases rise, too, and it’s tracked every day on the Oregon Health Authority’s website. Today Oregon has 999 positive cases. And it means absolutely nothing, because there’s no standardization for how, when, or why people are tested, and if you only test people with symptoms, more likely test positive. Does Oregon’s 999 positive tests mean that 999 people in the state have COVID-19? 9,000 people? Or 900,000 people? That’s the problem, no one has any idea, which means the tests are useless for determining the most important question we all want to know:

where we are in the cycle of the disease?

Hospitalizations on the other hand, are the best data we have. We know for certain when someone goes to the hospital — and stays — for COVID-19. They are the “tip of the iceberg” of COVID-19 carriers (since we know 50% of COVID-19 carries are asymptomatic, we won’t find them until we test everyone) and if their numbers are exploding, then you know the virus is exploding in the state, too. Also, if the lockdown works, hospitalizations DECREASING should be your first sign that the lockdown is working…unless of course hospitalizations were decreasing before the lockdown could have had an impact (oh rats I just gave away my punchline, but I hope you will read on to see the data for yourself…)
Oregon’s Hospitalization Shows: COVID-19 was on its way out before the lockdown happened

Every day, the Oregon Health Authority releases new data about COVID-19. Here’s today’s released this morning at 0900. I will pull out two of the most important charts, and try to explain. Here’s the first one: SOURCE

It is being suggested that the same question can be asked about many other places. Its not just one or two crackpots hiding behind their keyboards (see video above)

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

7 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

Why Is Oregon Still In Lockdown?

It is being suggested that the same question can be asked about many other places. Its not just one or two crackpots hiding behind their keyboards (see video above)

We’re inundated with daily tallys of the number of people who have tested positive for COVID-19. Like every state who has increased the number of tests they have given, Oregon has seen their number of positive cases rise, too, and it’s tracked every day on the Oregon Health Authority’s website. Today Oregon has 999 positive cases. And it means absolutely nothing, because there’s no standardization for how, when, or why people are tested, and if you only test people with symptoms, more likely test positive.

The number of serious cases does not really show the actual number of infections. They should do a random test of adequate size to get an accurate idea of the number of people actually walking around with the virus. Just testing the sick is not accurate, just tells you how many really get sick per so many people. Many are walking around with and spreading the virus and have no clue.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

On 3/30/2020 at 3:58 PM, pierrepaul said:

If you want to have a laugh, in this short video, Ken Copeland declared America healed of the Covid-19

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that video. I believe that God could sterilize the entire planet of Covid with a blast of His nostrils.  I would not command the evil spirits to "come down"; I would (and have been) pleading with God to eliminate the illness.  When the ancient Israelites west to battle against the Canaanite tribes, they didn't do so by cursing and intimidating their much more powerful enemies.  they did so by calling on the Most High God to go before them and fight for them.

• Like 3

cat.jpg

If you think you have Covid and they won’t test you, they are doing a variatian of Shrödinger’s Cat (a thought experiment). So, you both have and don’t have the virus! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYyCHGWJq4

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bill Liversidge Seminars

53 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

If you think you have Covid and they won’t test you, they are doing a variatian of Shrödinger’s Cat (a thought experiment). So, you both have and don’t have the virus! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYyCHGWJq4

LOL! I do that with lottery tickets. Until I check my almost certainly losing ticket, there's still a chance I'm a millionaire.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

On 4/13/2020 at 8:34 AM, B/W Photodude said:

The number of serious cases does not really show the actual number of infections. They should do a random test of adequate size to get an accurate idea of the number of people actually walking around with the virus. Just testing the sick is not accurate, just tells you how many really get sick per so many people. Many are walking around with and spreading the virus and have no clue.

That would certainly give a better view of the situation. Unfortunately, based on reports from colleagues who have been tested, the test is quite uncomfortable and painful - not something you'd want to do just for fun.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

How I am surviving the "lockdown".

Been doing this social isolation at home for slightly over a month now. It is getting old. Not that I haven't found many things to do, but you do want to get out now and then.

Who knew there would be a time when you get 30 days to a gallon of gas? Or that you could walk into a bank with a bandana over your face and the tellers would feel more comfortable?

So, I have been reading a lot. I have a NKJV Chronological Study Bible by Nelsen publishers and the notes are heavily archeological and cultural explanations of the surrounding nations as understood from the many cuneiform tablets and other archeological findings. Totally brings a new understanding in what was going on in the ancients cultures and how the surrounding nations saw their gods. Times get a bit screwy when you get very early in the Bible as they do not completely subscribe to Usshers 6000 year timeline. Totally recommend this version as a to do list item. I am now into the books of Samuel. This should be my fastest Bible read ever!

Also reading into several other books. Working thru the 6th volume of testimonies. Got Chicken Soup for the Soul: Random Acts of Kindness nearly done as its followup is waiting. Also reading a book on how to write books - "The Art and Craft of Storytelling". This is my second book on how to write books!

If you have the old fashion country mailbox, you know that if you want to mail something, you put it in your mailbox and put up the red flag. Seems my mail lady is picking up something everyday, most often another Netflix movie. Yeah, I know, you can stream them, but so many all over including Europe are nearly shutting down the internet due to the bandwidth. They have been asking Netlix and Youtube to throttle their sppeds so the internet doesn't get overloaded.

Our district of three churches has been doing Zoom sabbath schools and prayers meetings. So we have people joining in from all over the Appalachian area. If anyone is following the It Is Writtens series that started last nite, they seem to have had over 40,000 viewers, so I have heard for the 7pm session. This series has come at a very timely moment. Many things will be different this year in church activities. Our conference camp meeting has been canceled and they apparently will do the virtual camp meeting online.

Also been reading as much as I can find on Covid. There seems to be a number of different meds with potential for curing this disease. In spite of the trashing the president is getting over his enthusiasm for hydrochloriquine, some doctors have been reporting remarkable success with this medication especially when paired with zinc. Another article, and I have to find it again, classed hydrochloriquine into a class of substances that assist zinc in entering into cells where it disables the Covid virus. Another substance which is in this same class is quercetin. Quercetin is in a large number of different fruits and vegetable especially in the berries. So, if you are feeling ill in a covid way, consider zinc and berry juices. Normally, a max daily dose of zinc would be 40 mg. The doctor with zinc success in curing his patients was giving 200 mg day. Note that this would only be for a short period of time.

So, I suspect the country will start opening up soon. However, during the flu pandemic of 1918, people of Philadelphia tiring of being "locked up" went out and celebrated too soon at a large city parade and celebration. Shortly thereafter, the cities hospitals were full and before it was over 4500 people had lost their lives. 

So, it will be interesting to see how this nations and the world recovers from this pandemic. Unfortunately, still a lot of political hate out there and not likely to get any better anytime soon or ever. While the president has been praised by many for his decisions to close the country, it is not enough for some as they have accused him of being racist among many other less than polite terms. This occurs when even some in the opposing party agree that his actions has saved 10s of thousands of lives. 

Stay safe out there!

Bill Liversidge Seminars

50 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

Our district of three churches has been doing Zoom sabbath schools and prayers meetings. So we have people joining in from all over the Appalachian area. If anyone is following the It Is Writtens series that started last nite, they seem to have had over 40,000 viewers, so I have heard for the 7pm session. This series has come at a very timely moment.

Definitely, but this is the good news!

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

Covid update: Seems they are doing testing in LA county to get a sense of how many have been infected by the coronavirus. Seems their estimates now range into the hundereds of thousands (up to 400,000 in LA county!)

So, how do you interpret these numbers?

The death rate in LA county is about 800, the conclusion here is that the rate of death is far lower than previously thought to be. However, the virulence of this virus is far higher than it was thought to be. So, more people are walking around with the virus and have no idea. Unfortunately, they are infecting many others unknowingly.

NYC with a death total of ~18,000, if the same rates apply, could have over 700,000 infected persons.

By the time they come up with a vaccine, everyone may have already had the virus!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-antibody-testing-shows-hundreds-of-thousands-l-a-county-infected

So, I conclude that the risk of healthy persons actually dying of Covid to be far lower than previously thought. However, those same people should be concerned about those they may be coming into contact with who are at risk.

Other news: Covid seems to be hanging out in men longer than women. The thought here is that in men, coronavirus likes to hang out in the testicles where it is somewhat safe from the immune system. So, be more careful of others if you are a guy! (One snarky commentator suggested that the men of CNN should be safe. You draw your own conclusions regarding what was being implied!)

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On 3/31/2020 at 1:28 AM, BlessedMan said:

This is a video-shocker that is simply amazing - people physically fighting over TP, even when their carts were already full! 

People were buying huge amounts of toilet paper that they had no use for, even if they got the covid virus. Now they are stuck with huge amounts of toilet paper. One lady tried to return $150.00 worth of toilet paper and the store refused to take it back! Would you like to have someone else's returned toilet paper?!

Anyway, if you were one of the hoarders, and don't know what to do with it all, and are wondering how long this stuff is going to be taking up room in your house, here is a handy little calculator to let you know when you will get some relief:

https://toiletpaper-calculator.com

• Like 2

Bill Liversidge Seminars

lol, thanks for that link! I passed it on to people who need it!

Light In The Clouds

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2020 at 9:41 AM, B/W Photodude said:

Should you test positive for the virus, they are not really going to do anything for you anyway

Light In The Clouds

• Moderators

The video appears to present the nurse  clearly violating HIPPA.  She could be fired from her position as a nurse, and she could be disciplined to include losing her license to be a nurse, if what the video appears to present is accurate.

The fact that she does not reveal the name of the patient does not protect her from a charge of violating HIPPA.  She appears to have copied, by photographing, a confidential patient record.  That appears to be a major violation.  Under HIPPA, she is only permitted to access a confidential patient record for a reason related to required patient care.  To access in order to photograph it is not a permitted practice. 

NOTE:  If she obtained,  prior to access and photographing the patient record, written permission of the patient, she is protected.

NOTE:  I am well aware of this due to a fact that I once shared confidential patient permission without written permission.  I was saved from discipline due to the fact that the patient gave me written permission after the fact, and that my doing so saved the life of the patient.   But, I could have been fired, and  I had a learning experience as to HIPPA.

Gregory

• Members
18 hours ago, Gustave said:

Please, someone, tell me (and prove) this is fake! 

I looked to see if this video was legit!! I couldn't find it anywhere?? If it is it will come out in the next few days. And if it really was legit the trump administration would've had this scooped up and it would be playing on every fox news station, but as of yet, nada, nope, etc.!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

It should be duly noted, that I sometimes post things from both sides of the fence, so to speak, and without endorsing either, personally. I posted the video as an FYI. I tend to agree with Gregory re privacy and other legalities. But the video calls her an "undercover" nurse. So I am wondering too if she actually is a nurse, and how she would have gotten away with several illegal actions manifested in said video. On the flip side, there is definitely some truth to what the video says re how "covid deaths" so called are tallied.

Light In The Clouds

On 3/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

tp.jpg

Light In The Clouds

On 6/19/2020 at 5:22 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

The video appears to present the nurse  clearly violating HIPPA.  She could be fired from her position as a nurse, and she could be disciplined to include losing her license to be a nurse, if what the video appears to present is accurate.

I highly doubt she would lose her license. The organization she was working for may fire her as she has exposed unethical, if not criminal, conduct. I am aware that there can be criminal penalties, but patient ID info seemed to have been adequately blurred out.

I recall one nurse (RN) one time who would post pictures of patients, who were incapacitated enough to not know what was going on, on Facebook. He lost his job, but ended up working in another hospital over the hill. CNAs doing similar things would likely lose their certificates as they are not as in short supply. CNAs doing the same thing, in a different situation and hospital, were publicly exposed in the media and penalized, but the RN was very quietly dealt with.

On 6/19/2020 at 5:25 PM, phkrause said:

I looked to see if this video was legit!! I couldn't find it anywhere??

Looking at the situations this nurse was in and her "nurse speak", I have no doubt as to the fact that it is a truthful video from her viewpoint. Not exactly sure what you mean by legitimate. Her language was very "critical care nurse" in the manner of speaking. Many of the scenes were shot at the bedside of patients and other workers walking thru engaged in conversation as if they were coworkers. The "facts" of the video I cannot really say. 

Of interest, this same hospital, Elmhurst, in NYC was featured in another video. News reports were giving harrowing details of long lines to get into the ER, but a video posted on line showed no lines and few in the ER. Not saying there were not very sick ones in the ICUs.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Moderators

The fact that she did not reveal the name of the patient does not protect that nurse from a major HIPPA violation:

*  She appears to have accessed the clinical record for a purpose that itself was in violation of HIPPA.  Under HIPPA, one who has access to patient records can not access such a record unless for a purpose associated with the care of that patient.

*  She appears to have, in violation of HIPPA, disclosed confidential information related to the care of that patient without getting the permission of the patient to do so.

As I have stated:  I got caught doing such once.  I was a clinician who had valid access to the clinical records of that patient.  I was providing clinical care to that patient and therefore could access the clinical records.  But, on one occasion I accessed the clinical records with the intent to disclose general (not specific) information to another person not involved in the clinical care of that patient, which I did disclose.

The result of that prohibited disclosure was that the life of the patient was saved and he did not die.

*  I was educated on the  provisions of HIPPA.  :)

*  The patient signed a legal document stating that he had been informed of my violation of HIPPA and he did not wish to press for charges against me and that he was glad that I did make the unauthorized disclosure.

HIPPA is very serious.  What the nurse appears to have done,, under HIPPA, is not excused by the fact that the nurse may not have revealed the name of the patient.

NOTE:  I do not have the full information on this case.  I can only say that it looks to me like she violated HIPPA.  Perhaps there is some information not known to me that would show that she did not violate HIPPA.

• Like 2

Gregory