ClubAdventist is back!

My Wife Died: I Did What God Asked

BlessedMan

[she just died in my arms] ?

"At even my wife died; and I did in the morning as I was commanded." Ezekiel 24:18)

The light of the warm home fire went out. Darkness brooded over the face of every familiar, and precious thing. The trusted companion, and love of my life who had shared all of the changes of the ever-changing way, was taken from my side. The light of our sweet fellowship, and of our loving journey was suddenly extinguished as if by some mysterious, unseen hand stretched forth from the unknown.

"I lost the desire of mine eyes."

I was alone. "At even, my wife died; and...in the morning...

"But what about that next morning, when the light broke almost obtrusively upon a world that had changed into a cemetery, containing only one grave? "In the morning; I did what I was commanded."

The command had been laid upon me in the days before my bereavement. Life in our little home has been a source of true inspirational fellowship, and loving companionship. In the evening times, after all of the many little things there were to do in a day;  we would both turn to our home, and being together, as the perfect comfort, and rejuvenation. Immersed in the sweet sanctities of married life, the romance never ended. No matter how sick she got. It just continued. We both found in our togetherness, the restoration and inspiration, that would prepare us for another day. But, today;

"at even my wife died."

The home is no longer a refreshing bath, or a loving embrace, or a lovingly cooked meal. And the hard, dusty road travelled each day will lead no more to an oasis; but rather to a roiling continuance of the wilderness.

But, what of the prophet's command here?

"At even, my wife died; and in the morning - the commandment?"  

How does the old duty appear in the gloom of my bereavement? Duty, still clamant and insistent, now absorbed into the shadows; as it became loud and importunate in the light. What now shall I do? Take up the old burden, and faithfully trudge the old road? Impossible. Go out into the loneliness, and try to go on with the old tasks? But why?

Perhaps I will find the secret of that little bit of light at the end of this chapter, from Ezekiel 24?

"Thou shalt be a sign unto them; and they shall know that I am of The Lord."

Being broken-hearted doesnt have to be the end of the story. Perhaps going back to some of the old duties; and by the manner of so doing, others will be compelled to believe in Jesus too? Is that the secret motive in the "dark night of the soul?"

Our wonderful Lord wants our conspicuous crises to be opportunities of testimony; our seasons of darkness should afford some sort of unveiling of The Divine. Jesus wants duty to shine more resplendently, because of the environing shadows of grieving;

Jesus only wants my tribulation to assist in "letting my Light shine." And I WILL let it shine tomorrow.

Isnt that why Paul says:

Rom 8:15  For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."

Rom 8:28  "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Jesus wants to manifest the sweet grace of continuance; of searching for the little bit of light and opportunity amid all of the sudden and saddening upheavals of this stormy life. This was Ezekiel's triumph; and that leaves me to wonder, can this be my opportunity too? Could I possibly make my calamity a witness to the eternal? Will I too be able to make my decrepit loneliness minister to our Lord? Is my grieving able to intensify my calling to go beyond this insistent hour of grief?

Sure; I can take up the old task. And in taking it up; it can be glorified...as I "choose this day whom I will serve..."

"At even, my wife died. And in the morning I will do what God tells me. The evening sorrow has come to me. How shall it be for me, once the funeral is over? That "joy that comes in the morning," (Psalms 30:5), for me will be the resurrection morning.

Truly, "weeping may endure for the night; but joy comes in the morning." (Psalms 30:5)

I will expect that special morning...that Light In The Clouds When Jesus gathers us all together, unto Himself on the resurrection morning. As long as the darkness lasts; I will expect that Light. I will wake up every day, expecting the light of Christ in the dark clouds. (1 Thes 4: 13-18) In the thick darkness, (Job 38:9) Jesus is there. Jesus comes near "in the thick darkness..."

I expect it. (Deut 4:11)

I cry...

Abba. Father....

"There is always a little light..."

• Sad 3

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Moderators

I’m so sorry my friend - you have honoured your sweet wife and your God through this incredibly difficult journey.  May you feel His peace tonight, His sorrow, and His deep love for you both.

thank you. A caregiver just sent me a note, and part of it read:

"you guys are a big part of my journey with God."

We can give it all to Jesus, no matter what.

Act_4:13  Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

• Like 3

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Members

Sorry to hear that BlessedMan!! Your in my prayers friend!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

21 hours ago, Joel Melashenko said:

I’m so sorry my friend - you have honoured your sweet wife and your God through this incredibly difficult journey.  May you feel His peace tonight, His sorrow, and His deep love for you both.

path.JPG

Praying friends are what made this sometimes difficult journey possible.  Thank you for all your efforts on our behalf. I cant wait to hear all the conversations about this in heaven!

• Like 2

Light In The Clouds

Light In The Clouds

BLESSEDMAN

I am  sorry  for  your  lost=====my  prayer  is  that  GOD will comfort  you=====

remember  GOD THE  FATHER===GOD THE  SON===GOD THE  HOLY SPIRIT

ALL  understand your  lost  and  sorrow

dgrimm60

• Administrators

All through your romance you foresaw this day and every day was precious. You made her life the most blessed it could be with the circumstance you were given. Love is the “greatest of these”.

❤️

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Blessed Man,

I send my deepest condolences to you.  May God console you with the peace and calm that only He can give.  I have every confidence that you and your beloved will be reunited in the Kingdom - sooner rather than later.  Blessings and peace be upon you!

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Blessed Man,

I send my deepest condolences to you.  May God console you with the peace and calm that only He can give.  I have every confidence that you and your beloved will be reunited in the Kingdom - sooner rather than later.  Blessings and peace be upon you!

Thank you! The resurrection was something we talked about a lot. :)

• Like 2

Light In The Clouds

18 minutes ago, Gail said:

All through your romance you foresaw this day and every day was precious. You made her life the most blessed it could be with the circumstance you were given. Love is the “greatest of these”.

❤️

Yes, We knew the whole time but that just gave more meaning to "making each day count" as much as possible. No matter how hard it got on some days, we always felt and experienced God's presence.

The last words she said to me was "I love you too..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Light In The Clouds

Im putting this here, because my wife's doctor was wonderful during the last difficult days:

Thank you to the incredible healthcare community! Voices Rock Medicine, our very own choir of women physicians has put together this heartfelt tribute, dedicated to the superheroes of Canadian healthcare, and beyond. Help us spread this message of gratitude and positivity during these challenging times! www.voicesrockcanada.com info@voicesrockcanada.com www.facebook.com/voicesrockcanada @VoicesRockCanada

Light In The Clouds

On 4/8/2020 at 11:57 AM, BlessedMan said:

Thank you! The resurrection was something we talked about a lot. :)

Sometimes we wonder why we are here after Jesus said He is coming quickly 2000 years ago. But to Him, even 2000 years is coming back quickly, since He has the framework of eternity to work in. Our short lives are over in a flash like the mayfly, but seem so long and He is still not here. But He will come back bringing His eternal life (Himself) with Him. But God said to the "souls under the alter" that they should wait (rest) a little longer. He is working for the perfect end of the great controversy for the entire universe. He is good for His word to make it happen. 

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• 2 months later...

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalms 91:1).
abide in me (John 15:10)

good3-1ww.jpg

This past weekend, we laid my dear wife to rest, to await the resurrection, where we will see each other again.

I heard someone say recently that learning to live with the loss of a loved one is like learning to live with an amputation. We do heal; but we are never again the same. But on the other hand, IMO, knowing God has enabled me to discover a comfort from, and a closeness to God that many struggle to experience. God promises to walk with us "even through the valley of the shadow of death," (Psalms 23:4). And in consideration of this "shadow" "in the valley of death," we can be guided by the fact that there has to be a light to make that "shadow."

The hard choice for me is whether or not I am going to be angry for the time I didn't have with my wife, or whether I will rejoice and have gratitude for the time that I did have with her. I don't want to be angry. I want to heal. I want to see that light that made the shadow. Now, I just want to know what God expects of me as I enter this new chapter of my life. And I want to know how to help others who are going through similar things with grieving the loss of their loved one. There is likely much I don't know yet about grieving. But I can say now that I feel like a very rich man:

"The blessing from the LORD makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow to it."(Prov 10:22).

It is my belief that the great journey of grief was and is appointed to each of us to enable us to not only "survive," but to thrive, after the loss of our loved ones to the grave. I believe that I have graduated from "survivor," to "thriver." And while there is grief, there is no real, lasting sorrow. While no one's grief journey will be exactly the same as mine; it may be that there would be at least one or two similarities. Resilience seems to be something that God has built into each one of us. I am experiencing it every day. Sometimes it is revealed just by me standing in the forest and watching a Momma Sparrow feeding her young, or sometimes, it will be making a loaf of home made bread for a neighbour. But have you ever thought of resilience, in the form of us asking for help? Can we count this asking for help as "thriving?"

I see a lot of farms in the area where I live. The thought struck me how very resilient our farmers are. I honestly do not know how they get their crops in and then harvested in time. Some years it gets pretty challenging for them. If the weather is really bad, and they suddenly get some sunshine happening for a day, then all the neighbouring farmers will pitch in and help the one who hasn't gotten his crops in yet. They don't worry about getting paid. They just work together and help whoever needs it. This is one of the clearest examples of resilience, and thriving I can think of.

Spiritual Comments On Resilience. (Holding On).

No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God — Luke 9:62

The Ploughman: A Symbol of the Person Who Holds On; Who Has Resilience.

Holding on to things doggedly,(or with faith), was one of the controlling thoughts of Jesus. That was why He singled out the ploughman in this text. Ploughmen are not always educated with degrees under their belts, nor are they often poets in disguise. But there is one virtue they all possess preeminently, and that is the virtue of resilience, or of quietly holding to it, no matter how rough the weather.

And it is because, in Jesus' eyes, that virtue is of supreme importance that He wants us to take the ploughman for our own, personal model. "If ye continue in my word," He says, "then are ye my disciples indeed" (John 8:31). Something more than receiving is required to reach the crown. To hold on when the sunshine vanishes, and there is nothing but clouds in the sky, just trusting that there IS a Light in or above, or beyond those clouds; that is the great secret of discipleship. And I would venture to say, also the key to peace in the heart, and even the key to world peace.

Jesus has borne my griefs, carried my sorrows. (Isa 53:4). For my own situation, when I feel like my own grief journey is faltering, that I am faltering; I know Jesus has already been there, and I just go where He has already been. For me, it all means I don't have to be strong. It means there is room at the Inn for me to be weak. I can be weak, yet still trust that there is that Light somewhere. I don't have to know or see. I just have to abide, or trust.

The Importance of Abiding at All Times

John 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me

We can see that with marvellous clarity when we meditate on this great word of "abide." That was one of the favourite words used by Jesus. With those deep-seeing eyes of His He has discerned the wonder of the grape vine-branch. The branch was there—abiding in the vine—not only in the sunny days of vintage.

It was there when shadows fell, and when the dawn was icy, and when the day was colourless and cloudy, and when the storm came sweeping down over the orchards. Through all kinds of weathers, through every change of temperature, through every tempest and through calm, the branch was there. Night did not sever that intimate relationship. Winter did not end that vital union. And our Lord recognized that, as in the world of nature this is the secret and the source of the fruit of resilience. And so is it also in the world of grace. To abide is not to trust merely. To abide is to CONTINUE trusting. It is to hold to it—and hold to Him—through summer and winter, through fair and stormy weather. Nothing could better show the Master's vision of the great and heavenly grace of resilience; or of holding to it, than His love for and practice of, that great word abide.

Jesus did something about my grief. Jesus went before me, and carried it all to Calvary. Jesus has already "carried my sorrows." Jesus has borne my grief. (Isa 53:4). All of it. Because He alone knows just what the trials and sorrows of the personal grief journey that many of us are embroiled in, and Jesus knew what it would be like for each of us personally. With the power of Jesus in our hearts and minds we shall never have to attempt a duty for which we are not strengthened, nor to front a danger from and in which He will not defend us. With His life in us we shall be ready for the long hours of uneventful, unexciting duties, and for the short spurts that make exacting calls on us. We ‘shall run and not be weary; we shall walk and not faint.’ (Isa 40:33). If we live in Jesus we shall always be in ‘a land of peace,’ and no ‘plague shall come nigh our dwelling.’

Even when the soles of our feet rest in the waters of Jordan, the waters of Jordan shall be cut off, and we shall pass over on dry ground into the land of peace, where they that would swallow us up shall be far away for ever. There are so many lessons for us in nature and scripture about "abiding," or "resilience." It would be hard to make a complete list of them all. For (just as Jesus does) we win our victories by holding to it. By abiding "under the shadow." We conquer, not in any brilliant fashion—we conquer, simply by continuing, and persevering. By "abiding under the shadow."

There are troublous times before us; the judgments of God are coming upon our world. The nations of the earth are to tremble. There will be trials and perplexities on every hand; men's hearts will fail them for fear. And what shall we do in that day? Though the earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and be removed like a cottage, if we have made God our trust, He will deliver us. "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." "Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee. . . . For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."  That is what is called resilience.

The presence of God includes every other blessing. Anyone who abides under the shadow of the Almighty can well say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust;" for of every such an one the Lord declares: "Because they have set their love upon me, therefore will I deliver them, I will set them on high, because they have known my name. They shall call upon me, and I will answer them: I will be with them in trouble; I will deliver them, and honour them. With long life will I satisfy them, and show them my salvation."

Jesus Was Right There: Where Is There?

A certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was — Luke 10:33

The Lord Himself as a Good Samaritan

Our Lord, true poet that He was, had a great liking for pictorial teaching, and in all the pictures of His gallery none is more remarkable than this one. The scene, familiar to them ail; the robbery, an occurrence they all dreaded; the ecclesiastics whom they knew so well; the Samaritan, whom they all despised—these made a glowing vivid picture, which nobody but a master could have painted, and nobody but the Master ever did. It is a beautiful etching of benevolence, and as such it is immortal. But men have loved, right down the ages, to find in it something more than that. They have loved to find in this Samaritan a delineation of the Lord Himself, in His infinite compassion for mankind. Many thoughts come leaping to the mind when we set the story in the light of Christ. This Samaritan was long in coming. He had everything the man required (Luke 10:34). But there is another beautiful feature in his pity that is so eminently true of Christ that we do well to dwell on it a little.

As Did The Samaritan, so the Lord Came To Where He Was

Th best part of abiding here is that the Samaritan came just where the man was—came right up to him, and handled him, where he lay battered on the hedge-bank. When he saw, as he came down the hill, that in the hollow yonder there had been a struggle—when he saw that battered figure by the road, with the robbers probably in concealment, how naturally he might have halted till some Roman convoy had come up; but, says Jesus, he came just where he was. I feel sure our Lord intended that. Christ was unrivalled in suggestive phrase. The Priest saw him; the Levite looked at him; the Samaritan came right up where he was. How perfectly that exquisite touch applies to the Lord, who was the teller of the story, in His infinite compassion for mankind!

It Was Jesus Himself Who Came To "Right There."

Think for a moment of the Incarnation. Tell me, what was the Incarnation? It was the Son of God, seeing the need of man, and coming in infinite mercy where he was. Not speaking as by a trumpet from high heaven; not casting down a scroll out of eternity; not sending Gabriel or any of the angels to proclaim the loving fatherhood of God. No, this is the glory of the Incarnation, that when man was bruised and battered by his sin, Christ, the Son of God, the good Samaritan, came just where he was. He came to the inn, where the travellers were drinking; to the cottage, where the mother prayed; to the village, where the children romped; to the fields, where happy lovers wandered. He came to the marriage feast and to the funeral; to the crowded city and the sea; He came to the agony and to the cross. Show me where folk are lying ill at home, and I can show you Jesus there.

Show me where people are tempted of the devil, and I can show you Jesus there. Show me where hearts are crying out in darkness, "My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" and the beautiful and amazing thing is this—that I can show you Jesus there.

Where I have personally suffered grief at the death of my wife; and have suffered great sorrow, Jesus Christ has suffered; and He was there personally, all the time.  Where we  have toiled, Jesus Christ has toiled. Where we have wept, Jesus Christ has wept. Where we  have died, Jesus Christ has died. He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows, and made His grave with the wicked in His death. The good Samaritan has come. Just where we were/are.

Contrasted with John the Baptist

And when we follow the footsteps of the Lord, does not the same thing at once arrest us? Why, that is just what the people marked in Christ, when they contrasted Him with John the Baptist. If you wanted John, you had to search for John. You had to leave the city and go into the wilderness. And there, "far from the haunts of men," was John the Baptist, a solitary figure.

But Christ was genial, kindly, and accessible, a lover of the haunts of men, the friend of publicans and sinners. Simon Peter was busy with his nets, and Christ came where he was. Matthew was seated at the receipt of custom, and Christ came to him. The poor demoniac was in the graveyard, there to be exiled till he died, and the glorious thing about our good Samaritan is that He came exactly where he was. Where is that bright girl from Jairus' home? We have been missing her happy smile these days. Where is Lazarus? We used to see him daily. Is he ill? We never see him now.

Where are the spirits who were disobedient at the time the ark was a-preparing? I know not; I only know of each of them that Christ came where they were. Go to the penitent thief upon the cross, and tell him there is someone who can save him. Only he must come down, and leave the city, and fly to the wilderness and he will find him.

There are many who offer paradise on these terms when people are powerless and cannot move a finger; but Christ came where they were. That is exactly what He is doing still. "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." No one needs to fly away to find Him. The Word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth. "Just as I am," is a very gracious hymn: but I want someone to write me another hymn: "Just where I am, O Lamb of God, You come."

Living "under the shadow of The Almighty," it would seem that there is Light In The Clouds. Mercy's sweet voice peels through those clouds; and is still to be heard today by those who open their heart to Him. Won't you abide in Christ, today?

Psa 91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
God is a shelter, a refuge when we are afraid, when we are overcome with grief or sorrow, or the calamity of death or world turmoil. Our faith in God as protector will carry us through all the dangers and fears of life. This should be a picture of our trust in Christ — trading all our fears for faith in him, no matter how intense our emotions might get. To do this we must "live" and "rest" with him (Psalms 91:1). By entrusting ourselves to His protection and pledging our daily devotion to Jesus, we will be kept by His Love. In the very words of Christ are the Light in our clouds:

Joh 15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. Joh 15:11  These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. Joh 15:12  This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Joh 15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Joh 15:14  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jesus promises to be right there where you are, "under the shadow..."

Edited by BlessedMan
grammar

Light In The Clouds

• 4 weeks later...

_MG_2542-1.jpg

• Like 2

Light In The Clouds

• 8 months later...

Little Flowers In The Rain  

"...the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose..." (Isa 35:1)

Some who know me well will recognize that I like flowers. Many others have said things like "guys are not supposed to like flowers," yet I have felt drawn to them since I was a little boy, picking Dandilions to make my Mom a Dandilion Necklace. I remember the sweet smile my Mom would have on her face whenever I presented her with some gift that I had made for her out of flowers that I would find while playing outside. Sometimes, I think I would make her something out of those little flowers, just to see that smile one more time. And then came the day when I discovered Hollyhocks. Beautiful bright colours of every kind. Mom really liked those things I made. All I knew was the happy look on her face when I gave her my latest creation from little flowers.

Now, I am older, and will soon face the one year anniversary of my late wife's death. I used to buy her flowers when she was sick all those years. They would never fail to cheer her up. But some had commented saying things like "who did I really buy those flowers for?" Whenever I bought some, I would spend some time photographing them. We would have these great discussions on how beautiful they looked. I noticed how those flowers would brighten the room and add some cheer to the day for us both. The one year anniversary, I am told is always "very hard." By the sounds of it, I am supposed to go into some kind of grief and remorse, and generally have a big "poor me" session for this event. I am told that I have "lost her love." Well, I may have lost the relationship that we had. But how can one "lose" love? I have never understood that. That love she left me in my heart, will always be there. Like the flowers I love, that love in my heart will continue to flourish and grow, with other people now set in my path. And so I find much gratitude in my heart today. My wife's cancer and death has not taken away this gratitude I feel in my heart. Jesus put it there, and no one can remove it. PTL

flowers.jpg

I have used that love from my wife's heart to mine, to continue, rather than "lose" her love. I mean, its in my heart. Does it really have anywhere else to go? Except, perhaps to someone else's broken heart? So for this first anniversary, I am planting flowers. Lots of them. I will use them to bring cheer to the people in my life, and to add a dimension of brightness and colours to my own home. When I think of these flowers and how they flourish and grow inspite of the storms of grief and loss, I look forward to seeing them all come to life, and add growth, and uplifting thoughts to anyone who sees them.

These flowers seem a fitting tribute to the love I have experienced in my life, and to whatever future love that awaits my reception. I share all of the love that I have had, and add it to what I experience today. I have not "lost" her love. I simply continue with it. I have a photograph on my wall that I took. And the caption I put on it says: "all of me, loves all of you." Its how I live my life, and develop new growth, with the people now set in my path. I continue with all those good things from my past, into all of the love I experience now. Yes, there are things to celebrate today!

And all because of little flowers.

I give all the credit to God. He has made me glad. By His power; I live in love with others today. And I think its certainly, in part, because of flowers. By the grace of God, I am living in faith and love today. Perhaps, I will soon have the most colourful house on the block? Perhaps someone will be a little happier when they see their growth and beauty? I hope and pray that someone's day will be a little brighter, as they grow into full bloom.

This doesn't have to be an "ending." It doesn't need to be a mountain of inconsolable grief. I don't need to fall apart.
As I gaze upon these little flowers, they seem to say

"Begin again."

• Like 2

Light In The Clouds

• Members

Your a special person BlessedMan!! The Good Lord has Blessed you with a special gift, that's for sure!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank you my friend! I appreciate hearing that! The Scripture in my signature kind of explains the last post I made above :) Jesus has given me much comfort; it wouldn't be right if I did not share that with others who might be going through a similar journey, now or in the future.

Light In The Clouds

3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Your words reflect insight.

Thank you Gregory. I hope you and your's are well. Happy Sabbath. ?

Light In The Clouds

• Moderators

Tuesday morning we were notified that, Monday night, the police had discovered the body of my sister, dead in her bed.  She is believed to have died Sunday night.  This was not expected.

She had a very rough life.  She had overcome alcohol, and finally tobacco.   Two to three years ago she had  returned to the church of her childhood.

I shall see her again.

• Sad 3

Gregory

• Members
11 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Tuesday morning we were notified that, Monday night, the police had discovered the body of my sister, dead in her bed.  She is believed to have died Sunday night.  This was not expected.

She had a very rough life.  She had overcome alcohol, and finally tobacco.   Two to three years ago she had  returned to the church of her childhood.

I shall see her again.

Sorry to hear that GM!!

phkrause

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I shall see her again.

Gregory I’m so sorry to hear this. Praise God that we He continues with us through the valleys in our lives, holding us close.  Praying for you and your family.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I shall see her again.

Thank you for sharing this Gregory. I am so sorry to hear this news of your sister . I can't imagine how this would feel. I have 11 siblings and we are all still living. It sounds like your sister was an amazing woman - a miracle for her progress with Jesus; and now you have this wonderful hope of seeing her again in the resurrection.

For my late wife and I, the resurrection was something we focused a lot on in her final days. It really encouraged her, and it is certainly a source of strength and hope for me now. We always read the 1 Thes 4 text that speaks about "sorrowing, NOT as others who don't have this hope.   We can find much gratitude and hope in the promises of God. There is "light in every cloud." I have come to see that as "the Light of Christ."  "The Light of the world."

• Like 2

Light In The Clouds

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You For The Gift of Someone To Love

"...Gather up the fragments that nothing be lost..." (John 6:12)

Certain spiritual principles are the only way I know of to deal with some of the bigger ideas in my life.

Grief, as it seems to me, appears to be one of those bigger ideas. Bigger than me that is. A dark cloud on my horizon. No sun in my sky. No moon in the night. I guess I am a little late in posting this. But the one year anniversary of my late wife's death has come and gone 2 days ago. It was on April 6th.

I knew what I wanted to say. I must have been in "protection" mode. Emotions were frozen. Responses had been arrested. Feelings were locked up tight. I had to let this out when I was ready.

Donna loved the full moon. And the night she died, it was a full moon. I remember pointing up in the sky as we were taking her out to the hearse, and yelling and crying to Ed, the funeral home guy: "Look!" I guess in my grief, I thought that everyone "should" know about the moon thing.

But now a whole year has passed since that night. Today my mind has been flooded with the many ways that she blessed me. And how those blessings were preparing me for even more blessings today. In some ways, over this past year, my grief has fragmented those blessings to every corner of  my mind; to the farthest reaches of my heart. Sort of all over the place too, I guess.

Today. Well, today, I offer my tribute of praise, hope, and new love. It has all been made possible for me by looking at all the blessings we had, as being something like all those "little flowers in the rain" that I have talked about recently. As each flower sprouts to life with the grand promise of new life, new colours, new beauty to collectively say to me today:

_MG_3361ww.jpg

"Begin Again."

"Each day Ill do one golden deed
helping those who grieve and need
Begin again o'er the grieving span
Begin again; Oh YES we can!"

(by David T Battler, all rights reserved, worldwide)

Now, its been ten months since I moved to my new apartment. It was just today that I finally started to hang up some pictures on the walls! Each time I put another picture up, a new tear drop would fall. Some of the pictures I was hanging represented many of the little "fragments" from our past. We had a wonderful, loving relationship. Some of the pictures recalled me to the many blessings and people I have now in my life and my heart.

In my experience; I have been gathering up each fragment of love past, and folding it into the mix of love right now.

The greatest gift of my life; is having someone to love.

Light In The Clouds